KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke's Dovin Basal feat

Luke's Dovin Basal feat
Started by: darthbane77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane77

Luke's Dovin Basal feat

I've got a buddy saying Kyp is ~ VW Luke due to Kyp manipulating a Dovin Basal with less fatigue than Luke, I did a little research into it, and it seems like Luke wasn't fatigued by performing the feat, rather it seems he entered low Oneness and was fatigued by exposure to that much power. It also seemed to me like Luke was manipulating more than one Dovin Basal.

I need confirmation of whether I'm right or wrong.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 01:04 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

The real question, is why should anyone be close to luke in force power, other than his father, and those who have obtained their strength through unnatural means.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda and Palpatine already clearly are close to Luke.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:40 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart

Palps obtained his DE strength through unnatural means, and I'd disagree with Yoda.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: well you're wrong

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:19 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by NewGuy01
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: well you're wrong

Yoda=<ROTS Sidious<ROTJ SIdious<DE Sidious.
Yeah no......

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:33 AM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

You realize, tho, that the differences between Yoda and the subsequent Palpatine's different versions are so small, you can't fit any other characters in between these gaps? (besides different versions of Luke himself)

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:40 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

So?
Doesn't deny the vast increase in power, from ROTS.
Just because they are next in line, doesn't mean they have to be close.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:49 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by JKBart

thumb up

Luke's better on his best day, but Yoda and Palpatine are more consistently portrayed as MVPs.

EU writers can't make up their mind if Luke is the Son of the Living God or a "powerful Jedi Master."

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 16th, 2017 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Peak Luke and post-RotS Sheev would one-shot Yoda. No contest.

On topic, Luke > Kyp:

Although he is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the battles with the Yuuzhan Vong humble him.

Jedi Academy Training Manual

Leia's Jedi skills will be put to the test in the coming conflict, while Luke will have to prove in a brilliant display of Force strength and swordplay, that he is the most powerful Jedi Master in the galaxy.

Dark Nest III: The Swarm War back cover

The last quote can be argued but the first one is pretty binding.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 07:43 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's utterly ridiculous. Peak Luke could beat Yoda pretty soundly, but not post-ROTS Sidious.

Yoda is still amongst the top 5, probably top 3 most powerful Jedi in history.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 09:29 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by godemperortrump
That's utterly ridiculous. Peak Luke could beat Yoda pretty soundly, but not post-ROTS Sidious.

Yoda is still amongst the top 5, probably top 3 most powerful Jedi in history.
Tbh I see only Luke being stronger than Yoda so I’d say the latter is definitely top 2 jedi. He is still top 5 even if you include sith and other force users since above him I have only Luke/Sidious/Valkorion. Obviously i’m Not including deities and others

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Kyp isn't close to Luke in anything bar raw power.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:14 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Luke was fighting through armies of Vong before doing the Dovin Basal feat. You can attribute him being more fatigued by it, by the fact that he was already pretty exhausted.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:22 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up

Luke's better on his best day, but Yoda and Palpatine are more consistently portrayed as MVPs.

EU writers can't make up their mind if Luke is the Son of the Living God or a "powerful Jedi Master."

Lol Reminds me; I saw on Facebook earlier today that Antoine's started working on Legends GM Luke VS Legends Yoda.

I normally would look forward to it although the Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah was sorta off.

To be fair it's really his only video that I've had an issue with. All of the other times he's been less then great was when he overestimated Galen against Anakin (who he underestimated) and during his collaborations with Reti and Connor.

Shaak Ti and Plo Koon VS Dooku and Maul was ridiculous and Kenobi VS Malgus was heavily Jensaarbiased in Malgus' favor.

I think I remember Malgus breaking Kenobi's saber defenses in the verdict which is Lochness Lunacy.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:41 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by MythLord
Luke was fighting through armies of Vong before doing the Dovin Basal feat. You can attribute him being more fatigued by it, by the fact that he was already pretty exhausted.
Quote for this?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:28 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyp's feat was better. The best TK in Star Wars currently unless size matters not.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Yes. Kyp Durron manipulated the Doval Basal more easily or the text gives this kind of impression.

Luke Skywalker had to exert a great deak of his power to perform the same feat and it left him exhausted in the end.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:14 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyp also Tk'd a more massive object than Luke. It's settled, he's more powerful than Luke objectively.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 10:32 AM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Luke's Dovin Basal feat

Originally posted by darthbane77
I've got a buddy saying Kyp is ~ VW Luke
The hell is a Volkswagen Luke?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote