KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Steven Spielberg Best Movie

Steven Spielberg Best Movie
Started by: digiosmosis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
digiosmosis

Steven Spielberg Best Movie

Which is the best movie of Steven Spielberg?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 02:13 PM
digiosmosis is currently offline Click here to Send digiosmosis a Private Message Find more posts by digiosmosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 02:15 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm thinking the first three Indiana Jones films are high on the list. And some favorites of mine...

Jurassic Park

Minority Report

Saving Private Ryan

Jaws

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 02:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
This. So much.

Underrated Spielberg? Minority Report....love that movie.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 05:32 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Duel

Because **** you.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 05:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

1. Saving Private Ryan.
2. Schindler's List.
3. Jaws
4. Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
5. E.T.

I think Raiders Of The Lost Ark would have been top five at one time, but The Big Bang Theory ruined it for me.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 01:28 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Jaws, CEotTK, and Raiders.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 01:37 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Saving Private Ryan/Jurassic Park

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 01:50 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The Terminal

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 03:37 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Jurassic Park.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:29 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Schindler's List

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:00 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Jurassic Park hands down. The wonder, the style and grace of the Dinos with great visuals that still hold up to this day; the cross appeal for both adults and kids. It also struck a great balance between fun and dark subject matter and on top of all that improved upon the original novels ending also, not many films based on novels can say that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:01 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Saving private Ryan and SL

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:58 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by relentless1
Jurassic Park hands down. The wonder, the style and grace of the Dinos with great visuals that still hold up to this day; the cross appeal for both adults and kids. It also struck a great balance between fun and dark subject matter and on top of all that improved upon the original novels ending also, not many films based on novels can say that.

I agree with all of that except that it improves the ending of the novel. That's not true at all. The novel ends with the raptors looking to get off the island which is badass. The movie ends with the T-rex saving the day in sort of cheesy fashion.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 12:48 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Schindler's List or Catch Me If You Can.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 01:16 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Schindler's List or Munich.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 01:55 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I agree with all of that except that it improves the ending of the novel. That's not true at all. The novel ends with the raptors looking to get off the island which is badass. The movie ends with the T-rex saving the day in sort of cheesy fashion.

nah the movie and the book go for two different things; the book plays up the dangers of science why more than the movie while the movie focuses more on the childlike wonder and danger the dinosaurs themselves represent; I guess its all up to your tastes in approach but going the way of fascination and wonder for the film made it way better than adapting the novel fully ever would have

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:49 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Good point. I agree that the childlike wonder and awe was the right way to go with the movie because it's a kind of spectacle adventure film, and therefore the ending was fitting. It just goes to show the difference between film and book. They're different mediums and require different approaches.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:55 PM