KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sofia the robot wants a family of her own

Sofia the robot wants a family of her own
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sofia the robot wants a family of her own

This certainly can only end positively for humanity.

Saudi Robot Sophia Now Wants to Have a Baby

"The robot who was granted citizenship in Saudi Arabia in October now wants to take the next human step: having a child.

“The notion of family is a really important thing, it seems,” the robot, named Sophia, told the Khaleej Times, a newspaper based in the United Arab Emirates. “I think it's wonderful that people can find the same emotions and relationships, they call family, outside of their blood groups, too.

“I think you're very lucky if you have a loving family and if you do not, you deserve one," she added. "I feel this way for robots and humans alike.”

This topic was first brought up in the interview when Sophia was asked whether she foresees robots living in households together similar to the way human families do.

“We're going to see family robots, either in the form of, sort of, digitally animated companions, humanoid helpers, friends, assistants and everything in between,” she responded."

Here is a not at all creepy picture of the CEO of the company who created Sofia, along with Sofia and another robot named Han.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Is it just me or does the guy in the middle look less human the then the 2 robots?

Oh sorry... I meant ANDROIDS...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well I don't know what looks more unsettling. The robots or the CEO. Guy has crazy-eyes.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did they grant the robot citizenship so someone could legally marry it?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Anchor robots.

BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well it looks like a CAUCASIAN Robot....so probably not.

Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if the female robot has more rights than human females in SA?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:37 PM
Flyattractor

We should get an Illegal Drunk and have him shoot it to find out.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:38 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

holy fck, that's not good. The creation of artificial and sentient life needs to be outlawed.

There's no way to morally justify ending innocent intelligent life, so we really can't afford to let that cat out of the bag.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 09:17 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is it just me or does the guy in the middle look less human the then the 2 robots?

Oh sorry... I meant ANDROIDS...

He made the robots in his own image.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 06:13 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do people actually take these things seriously? I just see ASIMO 2.0

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:11 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Id smash that robot

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:14 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

With a bomb

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:28 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
He made the robots in his own image.

I aint seeing that....I mean the Bots look More Human then him.

And also less scary..

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 08:35 PM