KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson launching censorship-free platform called Thinkspot

Jordan Peterson launching censorship-free platform called Thinkspot
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jordan Peterson launching censorship-free platform called Thinkspot

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 11:39 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I'm interested in how the search engines handle the platform in regards to "authority" and other metrics that search engines use to drive page rankings.

Let the crazies begin to post/vlog.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 12:16 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Given the mantra is "if you don't like twitter create your own!" I'm sure I am dead wrong and that people will not go after JP over this.

And surely when media outlets report on it they will be factual, won't refer to him as alt right, etc.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 12:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Given the mantra is "if you don't like twitter create your own!" I'm sure I am dead wrong and that people will not go after JP over this.

And surely when media outlets report on it they will be factual, won't refer to him as alt right, etc.

I don't care about the politicizing of his platform, he spoke of it being a monetized platform and to support that it's going to need viewership. Which means SEO/ads etc and I wonder if youtube is going to crack down on cross market advertising in an attempt to minimize the loss of eyes on their platform.

I mean there are other platforms that allow people to upload videos to display publicly but they aren't favored by Google so they get buried compared to Youtube.

So simply creating a new platform doesn't mean the market will know of its presence in any significant commercial sense due to the POWA of Google algorithms.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 12:36 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing about YouTube is these YouTubers are a fraction of what goes on there. The people who subscribe to them are pretty unimportant to youtube. They won't want to lose the ad revenue but for people like me who use it for old music, sporting events and film trailers we won't even notice. In fact, we don't want these people there

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:16 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

I don't really follow Peterson but I support this product. He has enough of a following to make it more successful than Vid.me or dailymotion IMO.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:37 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
The thing about YouTube is these YouTubers are a fraction of what goes on there. The people who subscribe to them are pretty unimportant to youtube. They won't want to lose the ad revenue but for people like me who use it for old music, sporting events and film trailers we won't even notice. In fact, we don't want these people there

If all you do is listen to music and watch sports on it you have zero reason not to want them there. You aren't forced to watch their stuff.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:39 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I'm sure the intentions are good but it'll end up the same kind of cesspit that Gab did.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:43 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Jordan Peterson Is Launching A Censorship-Free Platform Called ‘Thinkspot.’ Here's What We Know.

I wonder how long until he gets attacked over this lol.

Sounds amazing and a very awesome idea.

I hope this takes off and works very well.

The subscription part is a bad idea, however. That's going to suck. I won't use that service at all. smile

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

If all you do is listen to music and watch sports on it you have zero reason not to want them there. You aren't forced to watch their stuff.
I don't like knowing these people are propagating hate. Even if the Euro election proved, they are just a freak show.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 02:09 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

My question is this.

Since it’s suppose to free speech and all, will Peterson allow people that follows the dogma of ISIS there?

That’s me giving an extreme, because If you look at Facebook, they have Antifa and Isis pages.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 02:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by snowdragon
I'm interested in how the search engines handle the platform in regards to "authority" and other metrics that search engines use to drive page rankings.

Let the crazies begin to post/vlog.

Let the astroturfing begin.

If I hated Jordan Peterson/was a rival company, and I wanted to sabotage his new endeavor, I'd start by flooding his channels with all the trolls I could mobilize. Make the place so toxic, no one would want to upload there, nor watch the content.

Edit: Never mind, didn't read the article. So, a subscription.

Hopefully this turns out better then Somethingawful forums.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 17th, 2019 at 03:05 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 02:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by dadudemon

The subscription part is a bad idea, however. That's going to suck. I won't use that service at all. smile

Depends on how big your audience is.

If you grow to the point of making a living off your vlogs, a subscription would be a small trade off for the security you won't be deplatformed, demonetized, and would mostly be rubbing elbows with like minded people who are serious about vlogging (No hoards of troll channels springing up to attack you, for example.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 03:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by dadudemon

Subscription service for an echo chamber wink

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 03:05 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by snowdragon
Subscription service for an echo chamber wink

Haha, one way to put it.

Ideally, you'd get all kinds of echo chambers. Even ones that show open contempt for Peterson.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 03:06 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by cdtm
Haha, one way to put it.

Ideally, you'd get all kinds of echo chambers. Even ones that show open contempt for Peterson.

Yeah so now they have a barrier of entry (even if its small) and having to deal with SEO and search results to get views.

Plus your system of trolling mentioned.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 03:10 PM
dadudemon

If he adjusts downvoting to require a 50 word reply in order to downvote, you'd see the downvote brigaders somewhat halted in their tracks. Add on an input validation that prevents duplicate comments from being posted and you could also stop the copy-pasta armies.

Low-effort anti-social, anti-intellectual engagement on social media can be stopped if you make the entry barrier require someone to think and type. It doesn't become worth it to troll and brigade if you have those checks in place.

You can do multi-word and multi-character checks, as well. So no one can put in a bunch of ////// or ........., they'd have to use words. Also, you could check for things like this:

Person 1: Bob is stupid so I am commenting on this video to ensure Bob is not so stupid. This comment has more words in it and I am commenting with more words.

Person 2: Stupid is Bob so am I commenting on video this to ensure is not Bob stupid so. Comment this more has words it in and I am with commenting words more.

You get the point. If two posts have a very similar word match, but not in the right order, a copy-pasta or random word generator engine. Also, they have AI Chat Bot engines. It could have an input validation engine to verify if the input is coherent English (or whatever preferred language). Sure, it would be a slight modification of existing chat bot engines but enough of them are out there that it should not require too much tweaking to get it to work this way.

Someone direct Peterson to me and I will help build out his product road map.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 03:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

I wonder if he'll finish it the same way he finished that Patreon alternative that Dick made in two days.

-_-

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 04:13 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Finally, an Alt-Right centric platform. Good for them I guess.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 07:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Once you’re on our platform, we wont take you down unless ordered to by a court of law, he said.

Oh man, I can't wait to see some of the heinous shit that gets put on this platform. If they're seriously going to wait for a court of law to tell them to remove something, I think they're going to have serious problems with content/advertisements.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 07:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote