KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo vs. the Architect

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Neo 12 85.71%
Architect 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neo vs. the Architect
Started by: trav6612

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
trav6612
She is Hot

Neo vs. the Architect

At the end of the meeting of Neo and the Architect there was brief reference to them meeting again. What will happen if they do meet again? and if they did where would it be?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 07:18 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

I think Neo and the Architect will meet again and at that point it will be the end of the matrix and downfall of the machines.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:11 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kapitan

why should the matrix have an happy-end?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:58 PM
kapitan is currently offline Click here to Send kapitan a Private Message Find more posts by kapitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

it should, but who knows it might not. I want to know what would happen if these two met?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:00 PM
trav6612
She is Hot

Cause, let's think about it, The architect created the matrix, therefor shouldn't he be able to do anything Neo could. He being the one who created all the loop holes and rules, he should know them all.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:01 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

It’s a moot point. The Architect said they would not meet again. They won’t. The Architect may be the grand designer of the Matrix, but he does not have full control (fx, why do the agents chase the Keymaker, when it is imperative for the One to get to the Source to get the Keymaker?)

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:09 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

But I am sure the architect thought Trinity was going to die? If the architect was at the source wouldn't Neo have to destroy the Source in order to stop the matrix?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:15 PM
Excalibur

i think they will meet again. The architect was wrong as he said trinity is gonna die, so it could be that he was also wrong when he said that he and neo will never meet again.
I think the end will be very cool and in a way that none have expected before.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 07:23 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

they definitely wouldnt meet again...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 11:30 AM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

People keep missing this. The Architect was NOT wrong- Trinity DID die. But she was then brought back.

And the Architect may have created the system but he is also bound by the rules he created. Neo isn't bound by those rules, as Morpheus told him.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 11:39 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

They are not going to meet again. The meeting of the Architect aspect of the A.I. is always a one time deal. The final test by which the chosen one passes through the door of choice. Never again does that person meet the Architect.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:36 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abraomas

matrix will be destroyed if neo defeated architect...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 02:20 PM
abraomas is currently offline Click here to Send abraomas a Private Message Find more posts by abraomas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

I think that they may not meet again but we will see him again in the next film. for some reason i have a feeling we are going to see a Smith/architect confrontation as well as a smith/oricle. after all smith is going to take over the matrix, i think. Its is just a hunch but if you look at the trailer closely you see smith in the oricles kitchen with the place torn up and him laughing.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 02:27 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
People keep missing this. The Architect was NOT wrong- Trinity DID die. But she was then brought back.

And the Architect may have created the system but he is also bound by the rules he created. Neo isn't bound by those rules, as Morpheus told him.

Question Ushgarak, Wouldn't the architect be able to bend the rules as Neo does? The agents are able to bend rules, but not like Neo of course. Shouldn't the architect beable to bend rules as well?

As for the Smith architect and Smith Oracle. Could be, I don't know though. That would mean Smith would have to get to the source and according to the keymaker only the One can open the door? How would Smith get to him?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 05:25 PM
BoyWonderWhat?
The Master of Destruction

Break the door down.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 11:11 PM
BoyWonderWhat? is currently offline Click here to Send BoyWonderWhat? a Private Message Find more posts by BoyWonderWhat? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

Now, that I think about it, the building was destroyed. What other way would there to get there, and Why didn't smith go there in the first place instead of waiting for Neo? He could have taken the architect and then waited for NEO.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 01:42 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by trav6612
Now, that I think about it, the building was destroyed. What other way would there to get there, and Why didn't smith go there in the first place instead of waiting for Neo? He could have taken the architect and then waited for NEO.

Only the one can open the door to the source. Atleast thats what they say! I don't think the matrix is going to be destroyed in M3, I mean why would they plan a 4th movie if it was destroyed?! wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 04:01 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Why would destroing the Architect destroy the Matrix?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 04:02 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

Neo would win :P cause teh Architect is another program which has to follow the rules or gravity etc etc :P and if Neo destroyed him the Matrix would not be destroyed because its a self dependet program and all the architect does is tell Teh One about teh sorce etc

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 09:53 AM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Myndon
Neo would win :P cause teh Architect is another program which has to follow the rules or gravity etc etc :P and if Neo destroyed him the Matrix would not be destroyed because its a self dependet program and all the architect does is tell Teh One about teh sorce etc

Ya, my thoughts exacly. wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 10:41 AM