KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The problem with Job Reports

The problem with Job Reports
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The problem with Job Reports

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:40 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

So what's your point?

Take a position and state your point.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I don't have a position, the point was to post info which others could make points about.

If you want to get into an argument, argue something, my only goal with this thread is to keep people informed on sh!t that doesn't get covered anymore.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:49 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I don't have a position, the point was to post info which others could make points about.

If you want to get into an argument, argue something, my only goal with this thread is to keep people informed on sh!t that doesn't get covered anymore.

Well, now you know what no one has responded to your thread. There's nothing to discuss and you refuse to present a position to discuss.

These types of low effort threads used to get removed. Enjoy your crickets.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, now you know what no one has responded to your thread. There's nothing to discuss and you refuse to present a position to discuss.

That you depend on me to form your own opinions is sad.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:34 AM
Silent Master

At least he has an opinion.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Silent Master
At least he has an opinion.
But he doesn't?

Not that "having an opinion" is inherently good outside of the world of self-worship double d seems to like occupying.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of reports, when I see something about job reports I think of the economy. Rocky, what do you feel about Obama taking credit for the way the economy is doing now?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
t00nish

Originally posted by Surtur
Speaking of reports, when I see something about job reports I think of the economy. Rocky, what do you feel about Obama taking credit for the way the economy is doing now?

Happy Dance

If I may quickly interject. We are still living on a down ramp of what Obama has done in the past 8 years as we're transitioning into a life of ideologies of the Trump administration.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:53 PM
t00nish is currently offline Click here to Send t00nish a Private Message Find more posts by t00nish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Obama entered office, the economy was on a massive downward trend. When Obama left office, the economy was on a steady upward trend.

Trump has inherited an improving economy and you not giving Obama any credit for that is the essence of partisan hackery.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 07:06 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What laws, regulations etc did Obama write that caused the economy to recover?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 07:17 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...hats-a-problem/

Originally posted by dadudemon
So what's your point?

Take a position and state your point.

And this goes here:

Twelve Minutes: Thirty Eight Seconds

Teddy Ted - The Fugitive - Not The Musical Artist

12:38 ⯈

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 08:46 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Gee, I wonder why the president who the economic upswing started under would take credit for the economic upswing that started under, *his* administration.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:17 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Silent Master
What laws, regulations etc did Obama write that caused the economy to recover?

His Stimulus.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:18 PM
Flyattractor

The only thing that Obama ever did that HELPED the Economy was LEAVE OFFICE!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

My opinion on the five thirty eight report is

It serves as a useful reminder to:

Verify data before you consume it

And be alert to the time - and the situation #Context - at the time data is captured and filed

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:22 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Flyattractor
The only thing that Obama ever did that HELPED the Economy was LEAVE OFFICE!!!!!!

Nah, Obama actually did an adequate job helping the economy recover.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:39 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I would give that credit to the actual work of the ECONOMY and nothing that Obama did.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would give that credit to the actual work of the ECONOMY and nothing that Obama did.

That's partially true as the recovery was part of the natural downswing-upswing market cycle. But the Obama-backed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, for example, helped in the recovery substantially.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:48 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You mean when he took money FROM the Economy and then just more or less gave some of it back?

What a great guy.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:50 PM