KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?

Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?
Started by: It's xyz!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?

I've always been on the fence, but since the refugee crisis and the fact that we have no say on their laws means we should leave, imo.

Anyone who sacrifices Liberty for security, deserves neither.
- Benjamin Franklin

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 17th, 2016 01:43 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea they should leave, **** globalism.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post May 17th, 2016 02:59 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think they shouldn't leave for two reasons, one that's not really my problem and one I care about:

1) It will take a significant toll on their economy, losing thousands of dollars per household for years to come.

2) it will weaken the work done towards peace, freedom and unity that the EU has achieved over the last decades (perhaps not significantly, we'll see).

Old Post May 17th, 2016 03:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think they shouldn't leave for two reasons, one that's not really my problem and one I care about :

1) It will take a significant toll on Germany's economy, losing thousands of Greek debt per household for years to come.

2) it will weaken the work done towards control, beuraucracy and open immigration that the EU has achieved over the last decades (perhaps not significantly, we'll see).
FTFY.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 03:41 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think Germany will be alright by the banking sector that will leave London to be stationed within the EU alone...

Old Post May 17th, 2016 03:44 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I think Germany will be alright by the banking sector that will leave London to be stationed within the EU alone...
Youll only get the shit ones, hence, a toll on your economy.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:07 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've still not made up my mind. Not least because voting either way means you're siding with either Boris Johnson or David Cameron. Both of whom have changed their opinion on the issue in the last year. Boris has done it purely as a calculated risk that if the leave side win he will be front runner for Prime minister and Cameron's position is just laughable. He said he'd support leaving if the negotiations for change with the EU didn't win him the right concessions for the UK. He didn't win them and is in favour of remaining in the EU. He's also now saying that leaving the EU would result in war despite being in favour of leaving under certain circumstances and also despite the fact that the risk of the UK leaving the EU and thus the supposed risk of war IS HIS FAULT...because he's the one who called the referendum in the first place.

Anyway. It ties in with Scottish independence as Scotland will likely vote to stay but may be taken out of the EU by the English vote.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 17th, 2016 10:18 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cameron has ballsed up.

The EU is non negotiable and there is a terrible sense of mass immigration in Britain and Europe. I notice that only youths and immigrants want to remain, the BBC is focusing on those people to interview.

There is a silent majority to leave thanks to Nigel.

But what really makes me want to leave is how undemocratic and backwards ass it is. It is pure Eurocrats. They don't listen to common sense.

This is from 2013. Nigel was right.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 11:11 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

No.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 11:59 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
No.
do you like the way things are going with the eu?

Old Post May 18th, 2016 12:50 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

TBH I'm not sure what is the right move for Britain to do, as Brexit is a multi-dimensional issue, but I have a feeling they are going to leave.

Originally posted by It's xyz!
Cameron has ballsed up.

The EU is non negotiable and there is a terrible sense of mass immigration in Britain and Europe. I notice that only youths and immigrants want to remain, the BBC is focusing on those people to interview.

There is a silent majority to leave thanks to Nigel.

But what really makes me want to leave is how undemocratic and backwards ass it is. It is pure Eurocrats. They don't listen to common sense.

This is from 2013. Nigel was right.

Farage is right on many issues. thumb up

There is a great clip somewhere on youtube of him and prof. Legutko from Poland absolutely destroying Merkel and Hollande in the EU Parliament.

Last edited by Stigma on May 19th, 2016 at 08:54 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2016 08:51 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

is this what you mean?

He's right about France, he's right about Germany and he's right about the Eu.

Giving them more power will not change them. Doing the same will not change things.

This is our chance to leave. Don't **** it up!

Old Post May 19th, 2016 09:19 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 19th, 2016 10:21 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I'm definitely voting to stay. The benefits of the EU really outweigh the problems of it and the fact is, many of the complaints have been massively overstated and hyped up with fearful rhetoric.

Plus you know, leaving the EU and as such the free movement/employment will be far more detrimental to us than any potential fears about immigration. There's some crazy percentage like 25% of all NHS workers are from outside Britain or some such, and putting more potential roadblocks that may end up forcing people to leave the country just doesn't seem like a good plan.

Also, Nigel Farage and his ilk are moronic fear mongers. The man is a joke, who even other members of the Leave campaign don't want to be associated with because of how toxic he is in most peoples eyes.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 19th, 2016 01:18 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I'm definitely voting to stay. The benefits of the EU really outweigh the problems of it and the fact is, many of the complaints have been massively overstated and hyped up with fearful rhetoric.

Plus you know, leaving the EU and as such the free movement/employment will be far more detrimental to us than any potential fears about immigration. There's some crazy percentage like 25% of all NHS workers are from outside Britain or some such, and putting more potential roadblocks that may end up forcing people to leave the country just doesn't seem like a good plan.

Also, Nigel Farage and his ilk are moronic fear mongers. The man is a joke, who even other members of the Leave campaign don't want to be associated with because of how toxic he is in most peoples eyes.
What benefits are you talking about? Which complaints?

I think free movement has saturated the job market and we should remove those workers. I spoke to a couple of Romanians after doing a shift a while back, they've been here two years and can only get agency work where speaking English isnt a complete necessity. 25% of nhs workers from outside of Britain is a crazy percentage. It's our NHS ffs. I want them to leave the country because it makes patients uncomfortable, particularly mental health patients.

You just said leaving the Eu will be detrimental to us and you're claiming Nigel as fear mongering? Who are these members you speak of?

Old Post May 19th, 2016 01:26 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

25% of nhs workers from outside of Britain is a crazy percentage. It's our NHS ffs. I want them to leave the country because it makes patients uncomfortable, particularly mental health patients.

It'd be much better if they just died because of lack of staff wouldn't it?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 19th, 2016 01:51 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

do you like the way things are going with the eu?

I think it's made Europe stronger as a whole, and the UK will be seeing serious economic decline if they leave.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 01:53 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am against people dying.
Originally posted by jaden101
It'd be much better if they just died because of lack of staff wouldn't it?

I think it's made Europe stronger as a whole, and the UK will be seeing serious economic decline if they leave.
its made Europe stronger at our expense. We will see economic change, but not necessarily decline.

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and The United States are stronger than most of Europe. We are not cutting ties with European economies, we are cutting ties with beureacratic regulations and will instead negotiate as a foreign economy. This strengthens our position.

It's no surprise that Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Iceland and Liechtenstein are better off than France, Sweden, Spain, Italy and Ireland.

In fact, most countries decline after joining Europe. This is because Germany sucks up other countries around it and encourages France and Britain to do the same. France complies, Britian says no, mostly.

We cannot allow this anymore.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 02:02 PM
Omega Vision

I am against people dying.

its made Europe stronger at our expense. We will see economic change, but not necessarily decline.

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and The United States are stronger than most of Europe. We are not cutting ties with European economies, we are cutting ties with beureacratic regulations and will instead negotiate as a foreign economy. This strengthens our position.

It's no surprise that Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Iceland and Liechtenstein are better off than France, Sweden, Spain, Italy and Ireland.

In fact, most countries decline after joining Europe. This is because Germany sucks up other countries around it and encourages France and Britain to do the same. France complies, Britian says no, mostly.

We cannot allow this anymore.

The United States is a much larger country than any European country, and Canada's economy benefits from a free-trade agreement with the USA as well as vice versa. Australia is in the middle of a resource boom which may not ultimately be sustainable. Idk anything about New Zealand tbh.

Those countries you mentioned were already richer than the EU countries you list BEFORE those countries joined the EU, so that's not a good comparison.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 02:06 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The United States is a much larger country than any European country, and Canada's economy benefits from a free-trade agreement with the USA as well as vice versa. Australia is in the middle of a resource boom which may not ultimately be sustainable. Idk anything about New Zealand tbh.

Those countries you mentioned were already richer than the EU countries you list BEFORE those countries joined the EU, so that's not a good comparison.
Usa and Canada are better markets than the euro and we are culturally similar to them over Europe. Australia's boom may be sustainable and New Zealand is doing rather well as far as small countries go. Plenty of resources and economic opportunity.

It is actually. The richer countries did not join the EU. They've been asked and declined. I would consider us a rich country. Not because we are in the EU, but a long history of empire and Anglosphere has made us so. We do not need to send our money to unelected politicians in Brussels who write laws we have to follow. It's not even good business to do so.

Norway, rich, wanted to maintain its rich economic shares for itself and has done so. Sweden, moderately poorer, joined the EU and had to follow EU laws when maintaining its shares and policies. Is culturally weaker and economically weaker. Neither country uses the Euro.

Switzerland, rich, wanted to maintain its rich economic shares for itself and has done so. Italy, moderately poorer, joined the EU and had to follow EU laws when maintaining its shares and policies. Is culturally weaker and economically weaker. Both of these countries use the Euro.

Why do rich countries not join? Why do the countries that do join, decline culturally and/or economically compared to their neighbours?

Is this due to the EU, or is it purely a coincidence?

Old Post May 19th, 2016 02:57 PM