KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

Which is the better power and which would you rather have?

Tactile Telekinesis- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactile_telekinesis

vs

Superstrength- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Super..._f
iction

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 03:07 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Which is the better power and which would you rather have?

Tactile Telekinesis- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactile_telekinesis

vs

Superstrength- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Super..._f
iction

Well all of the truly upper tier superhero's have tactile telekinesis, there is only so far you can go with just superstrength in terms of usefulness (at a certain point things just break around whatever you are trying to lift or move). Tactile telekinesis has no upper level, and for example with enough power you could move a planet, etc., where you could never do something like that with superstrength alone.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 03:28 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

Re: Re: Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

Originally posted by Kutulu
Well all of the truly upper tier superhero's have tactile telekinesis, there is only so far you can go with just superstrength in terms of usefulness (at a certain point things just break around whatever you are trying to lift or move). Tactile telekinesis has no upper level, and for example with enough power you could move a planet, etc., where you could never do something like that with superstrength alone.

What about Superman? He's done that smile

I agree though. SuperStrength also requires you to actually go do something, whereas with tele, you dont really need to move much. Plus! A strong Telekenetic can do what a superstrengther can do, and more. Hulk couldnt make a whirlwind from sand, for instance. Nor could Superman hold Hulk up in the air.
In other words, Tele is simply more diverse.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 03:41 PM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

Originally posted by lorddreamer
What about Superman? He's done that smile

I agree though. SuperStrength also requires you to actually go do something, whereas with tele, you dont really need to move much. Plus! A strong Telekenetic can do what a superstrengther can do, and more. Hulk couldnt make a whirlwind from sand, for instance. Nor could Superman hold Hulk up in the air.
In other words, Tele is simply more diverse.

Superman is considered tactile telekinesis by most. If it was just superstrength, then he would not have been able to move a planet for instance. The article puts Superman as Superstrength but I believe that to be an error. Example of PC Superman moving the planet by pushing on the ocean floor; if it was mere superstrength he would have buried into the planet's magma and still not moved it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 03:51 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Again, this totally depends on the kind of universe I'm living in. In our actual reality, I'd prefer to have superstrength. It's just cool to be the strongest and most durable. Telekinesis ain't too bad either, but strength is more popular and thus cooler to brag about.

However, If I were living in a world full of super beings (like the comic world), I'd prefer telekinesis. It's far more useful.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:02 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Gladiator is said to have Tactile Telekinesis because when he lifted the Baxter Building it didn't collapse in on it's on weight.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:04 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Tactile Tk.

You can fly , imitate super strength and blow stuff apart.

Whats not to like ?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:05 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Isn't "tactile telekinesis" a contradiction in terms? I mean, "tele-" means across/from a distance (generally understood to mean beyond one's reach), whereas tactile = touching. evil face

"Tactile Psychokinesis" (TPK) woulda been better.

TPK > mere superstrength

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 06:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Can't I have both? no expression

But it depends on the situation...They both have their uses.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 12:19 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Tactile Psychokinesis is better by faaar!!! You can do everything a superstrong guy can do and then some.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:02 AM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by wannabe
Tactile Psychokinesis is better by faaar!!! You can do everything a superstrong guy can do and then some.

My thoughts exactly!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:09 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Depends on the levels. If my tactile tk can't do anything but move pencils, then superstrength. But if I can, say, move planets.....then sure.

It really depends on what exact amounts of both there are. Otherwise it seems kinda arbitrary to place one over the other.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:11 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Why would you want to move planets Digi? Interested in killing us all, huh?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:19 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Validus

Meh, I'd learn to control it. So that I wouldn't always be using planet-moving force with my tk. But I'd know it's there in case, say, a meteor was going to drash into us.

...of course, I'd probably destroy Earth before I figured it all out, but that's your problem, not mine.

stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:24 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

With tactile TK, could you not punch holes through walls and people, because as you hit them, you'd be surrounding their whole body in TK field and moving them?

If so, I'd want Superstrength...just so I could punch holes through people, babies (which are different than people), buildings, giraffes, windows, etc.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:24 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Validus
laughing

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:25 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Meh, I'd learn to control it. So that I wouldn't always be using planet-moving force with my tk. But I'd know it's there in case, say, a meteor was going to drash into us.

...of course, I'd probably destroy Earth before I figured it all out, but that's your problem, not mine.

stick out tongue

Unless you can survive in space or get to habitable planet within 3 days it would be yours as well! embarrasment smokin'

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 03:08 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Entity
Unless you can survive in space or get to habitable planet within 3 days it would be yours as well! embarrasment smokin'

Hey, I can move planets. I'd build myself a new one where Earth was.

cool

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 03:22 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Mindship
Isn't "tactile telekinesis" a contradiction in terms? I mean, "tele-" means across/from a distance (generally understood to mean beyond one's reach), whereas tactile = touching. evil face

"Tactile Psychokinesis" (TPK) woulda been better.

TPK > mere superstrength

It's tactile Telekinesis because, from a distance, it effects touching, interacting parts.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 03:22 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Tactile all the way.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 03:25 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote