KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are there more than two Genders?

Are there more than two Genders?
Started by: MythLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

Are there more than two Genders?

Several scientific studies seem to differentiate between the concept of sex and gender and whereas they are connected, they are not synonymous. So, are there more than two genders? Is it possible to be genderfluid? Are trans people valid, or just seeking attention?

Wanna see what the majority on here think about this.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 05:46 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Gender is a social construction, so why not.

Sex, there's male and female generally speaking in the animal kingdom, barring a few exceptions.

eg This person (and many like her) was born physically a male, but through surgery and chemical therapy(after psychological evaluations), they've become female, to better fit the gender they identify with more closely.

(please log in to view the image)

If some people want to argue she's still a man, despite how her psychological make-up works and what her body has gone through, they're probably retarded; at least on some level. Funny thing, must of the guys who would say she's a man wouldn't know she was born a male and would probably have sex with her never knowing.

If she used a men's restroom as she's supposed to according to these people, it would raise eyebrows.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 10th, 2018 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 06:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Several scientific studies seem to differentiate between the concept of sex and gender and whereas they are connected, they are not synonymous. So, are there more than two genders? Is it possible to be genderfluid? Are trans people valid, or just seeking attention?

Wanna see what the majority on here think about this.

Wasn't there that study with monkeys that kinda showed gender wasn't a social construct?

As for your question, no. For people who say yes, I would like a firm number from them as to how many there are.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Is that a no to all my questions, Surt?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:10 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Surtur
Wasn't there that study with monkeys that kinda showed gender wasn't a social construct?

As for your question, no. For people who say yes, I would like a firm number from them as to how many there are.

Sex =/= gender. It's hard to say how many genders exist because this is a relatively new realm of exploration.

Also, there's 3 biological sexes we know of in humans. Intersex, while rare, is a real biological reality.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 10th, 2018 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:13 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I don't think it's possible to be "gender fluid". For me there are 3 genders:

-male
-female
-mentally ill

Are trans "valid"? While I'm sure some do it for attention I think most are just mentally ill. Their suicide rate is far too high and they will blame that on how society treats them. I call bullshit on that excuse. I don't think even slaves had suicide rates that high.

An article you might find interesting:

https://qz.com/1190996/scientific-r...cial-construct/

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nope. Just 2. Being CONFUSED Is NOT a GENDER!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Sex =/= gender.

Also, there's 3 biological sexes. Intersex, while rare, is real biological reality.

People being born with a 6th finger are rare, but we certainly don't say people have 6 fingers.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:16 PM
Flyattractor

But Robbie get the Boner for the Trannies!!!!!!

So There Must be More then 2!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though for those saying yes there are more than 2 genders...I think it's only fair to ask them what the actual number is. One posted has suggested 3. I wonder how others who have said "yes" will answer.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:18 PM
StyleTime

People being born with a 6th finger are rare, but we certainly don't say people have 6 fingers.

Right. We say people can be born with 6 fingers. We certainly still classify them as humans.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:21 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Right. We say people can be born with 6 fingers. We certainly still classify them as humans.

Just because you use your fngers to Have Sex...It don't make your fingers their own genders.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough. Also I made a mistake, you didn't say there were 3 genders, but 3 sexes.

How many genders do you think there are?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:27 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Just because you use your fngers to Have Sex...It don't make your fingers their own genders.

You are correct sir. Lol. There is no finger gender that we know of.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 10th, 2018 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:28 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
Evidence that gender has some basis in biology, though, in no way implies a strict gender binary, nor negates the existence of transgender and non-binary identities. Many biology-based gender differences originate from the hormonal environment within the womb, which is very different on average for boys compared to girls. But there's a huge variation in these environments, says Alice Eagly, psychology professor at Northwestern University. "Within boys there will be a range and within girls there will be a range. To say it's biological doesn't mean it's perfectly binary," she says.
Huh, its almost as if there's a nuance to this that has gone totally over your head. no expression

This study done by the Medical University of Vienna is also interesting:
quote:
Our sense of belonging to the male or female gender is an inherent component of the human identity perception. As a general rule, gender identity and physical sex coincide. If this is not the case, one refers to trans-identity or transsexuality. In a current study, brain researcher Georg S. Kanz of the University Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of the MedUni Vienna was able to demonstrate that the very personal gender identity of every human being is reflected and verifiable in the cross-links between brain regions.
quote:
Trans-gender persons as well as female and male control subjects were examined by way of diffusion-based magnetic resonance tomography (MRT). The examination revealed significant differences in the microstructure of the brain connections between male and female control subjects. Transgender persons took up a middle position between both genders.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releas...50107082133.htm

As science catches up I expect it won't belong now before anti-trans groups begin to be perceived in a similar manner to the modern day climate change denier. Buriers of heads in the sand in the face of overwhelming evidence that threatens their distorted worldview. sad

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:30 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well I don't think it's possible to be "gender fluid". For me there are 3 genders:

-male
-female
-mentally ill

Are trans "valid"? While I'm sure some do it for attention I think most are just mentally ill. Their suicide rate is far too high and they will blame that on how society treats them. I call bullshit on that excuse. I don't think even slaves had suicide rates that high.

"Mentally ill" isn't a gender unless you think schizophrenics, manic depressives, clinical depressives etc are an gender now?

Having that what, what is this person's gender/sex to you:

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Huh, its almost as if there's a nuance to this that has gone totally over your head. no expression

As science catches up I expect it won't belong now before anti-trans groups begin to be perceived in a similar manner to the modern day climate change denier. Buriers of heads in the sand in the face of overwhelming evidence that threatens their distorted worldview. sad

Nah I saw it, in this PC age I fully expected such a disclaimer.

Anyways, since you think there are more than 2, what is the true number?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:32 PM
Flyattractor

You are correct sir. Lol. There is no finger gender.

Yes. There are No Finger Genders...But You can FINGER The Genders!

Wash you hands with soap afterwards.....I suggest using...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling

These people have existed throughout history, they're the ones that hold progress back like dead-weight. eg At one point it was heresy to say that the Earth wasn't the center of the everything/universe and those people fought tooth and nail to keep that concept alive. Similar with flat-Earth beliefs iirc.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
"Mentally ill" isn't a gender unless you think schizophrenics, manic depressives, clinical depressives etc are an gender now?

I hope this is you trolling.

quote:
Having that what, what is this person's gender/sex to you:

What is the point of this question? You already told us the what the person was born as in your first post in this thread.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:35 PM