KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » 2017 Game of the Year

2017 Game of the Year
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 8 40.00%
Super Mario Odyssey 3 15.00%
Divinity: Original Sin II 2 10.00%
Nier: Automata 1 5.00%
Assassin's Creed Origins 1 5.00%
Cuphead 0 0%
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 10.00%
Resident Evil 7 0 0%
The Evil Within 2 1 5.00%
Persona 5 2 10.00%
Other 0 0%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

2017 Game of the Year
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

2017 Game of the Year

You know the drill. Vote and discuss which game in the 2017 lineup reigns supreme.

With so many good games out this year and the number of entries I can put on the poll is limited, you can vote on Other and share your opinion what you believe is GOTY.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Divinity 2 killed everything, and it wasn't even close.

That said, I voted for The Evil Within 2, because I'm biased when it comes to that series.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 03:36 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but even I know that Persona 5 is a glaring omission from your options.

Anyways, it's gotta be BotW. Not since Witcher 3 have I been so enthralled with a game.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:13 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I would like to say BotW if my wife ever gives me back the Switch. She’s been playing Mario Odeyssey and she hasn’t given me back the Switch since. sad

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:42 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Persona 5 hands down

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 10:31 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Whoops. Thought I forgot something. Gonna see if I can get Persona 5 in there later. My bad.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 12:22 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Pokken Tournament DX!!!!!1111

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 01:05 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fixed the poll.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Poll is still broken, shitty Nintendo games are still there.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:43 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

BoTW for sure. Haven't had this sense of adventure in a game since I was a kid. I will always love this game for instilling in me a child like sense of wonder again.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:45 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Breath of the Wild followed closely by Persona 5.

Ironic considering I'm actually playing through P5 a second time(A rarity for me these days)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:18 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

BotW and it's not even close imo. That game was an incredible achievement in world building and overworld design. Never before have I experienced such a desire to aimlessly explore a world.

And this is coming from someone who historically isn't very big on Zelda games.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Interesting. My impression was that Mario Odyssey was considered the wholey better game than BotW and it wasn't bogged down by a shitty stamina system or weapon durability mechanic either.

Persona, Divinity or Nier for me.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:47 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I liked Zelda more than Odyssey, and generally I like Mario more than Zelda games. Thought the weapon durability mechanic was fine, but I understand why some wouldn't like it.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the system is completely anathema to what I like about games so I judge it very harshly.

This year has been absolutely amazing in terms of games quality though. Ironic because it's also seen a dramatic upsurge in industry bullshit. Every silver lining has a dark cloud I guess. I feel Divinity especially deserves more love than it gets for how much its raised the bar for RPG mechanics. Similarly I've heard that Zelda and Mario do the same for their genre's and exceeded all expectations. Nier brought back Yoko Taro's eclectic genius married with excellent gameplay and gamings most perfect ass. And Persona 5 is possibly the most stylish game ever made with oodles of charm.

All around one of the best years I've ever seen for games.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:00 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah this year will go down in history with 98, 2004 and 2007 as one of the best years in gaming history. There are several games that came out this year that would all be game of the year winners had they come out any other year.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:07 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Persona 5 is still better. Nerds.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:11 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Persona 5 is a dime a dozen JRPG that will go into history as a generic but serviceable entry in a decent series. The physical representation of "nothing to see here, go on with your gaming".

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:39 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Botw easy.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:07 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Persona 5 is a dime a dozen JRPG that will go into history as a generic but serviceable entry in a decent series. The physical representation of "nothing to see here, go on with your gaming".

You're starting to sound like me.

Everyone raves about every Zelda game ever, and I just want to play LtTP. Definitely don't see how BoTW is better then all the "more of the same's" out there that aren't Zelda..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 12:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote