KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » movie ozymandias vs tv daredevil

movie ozymandias vs tv daredevil
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

movie ozymandias vs tv daredevil

in light of the doomsday clock, i rewatched watchmen. first, not as bad as i remembered it. forgot how much actual material (in the form of dialogue) made it into the movie. tons of it. also forgot what a bada$$ ozy was in that movie. wonder how he'd stack up against dd? if people think he's above dd, put him against movie cap maybe....

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 02:03 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Daredevil destroys him

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 04:04 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Ozy wins. Faster, stronger & better endurance.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 04:22 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Daredevil has better speed, damage soak and combat fts overall.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 04:24 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Movie Ozy would beat TV Daredevil, but in turn would lose to movie Daredevil so theres that.

Movie Cap would spite stomp Ozy

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 02:20 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Ozy will destroy tv show daredevil. the tv show daredevil is getting beat up and trashed left and right by thugs. he got almost killed by that japanese yakuza master forgot his name. Tv series daredevil is presented very humanly. the ozy from the movie is superhuman with insane speed and skills. he will destroy this version of daredevil and movie version of daredevil as well

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 02:33 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i think the watchmen were pretty overtly superhuman to a degree at least. ozy catching bullets and punching people across the lengths of a large room. effortlessly carrying a 250lbs comedian and throwing him through that bullet-proof glass in the hotel. i don't see dd having better speed feats, and ozy took several defenseless blows from an enraged night owl who himself was throwing people across rooms with punches. i think he'd beat dd. movie cap would be a better fight imo but cap would take it. ozy didn't have enough feats to compete with cap, though i think it would be a great fight. couldn't think of anyone else to pair him with. widow maybe? not sure.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 03:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Daredevil wins, and handily at that.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 08:58 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 09:25 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: movie ozymandias vs tv daredevil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
in light of the doomsday clock, i rewatched watchmen. first, not as bad as i remembered it. forgot how much actual material (in the form of dialogue) made it into the movie. tons of it. also forgot what a bada$$ ozy was in that movie. wonder how he'd stack up against dd? if people think he's above dd, put him against movie cap maybe....
Brilliant adaptation and the title sequence was the best self-contained title story/film until Valerians. Snyder needed to stick to photocopy adaptations of comic books.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:07 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Ozy was a cooler character, has way better fight scene in the film along with being richer and better looking

he owns Matt in life

also he's not blind so.... Happy Dance

Last edited by MrMind on Jan 6th, 2018 at 07:43 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:40 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

frankly i seriously dont understand the comparison. on one hand, you got ozy who is a clear super human in the movie. sending people flying, catching a bullet, able to fight oweman and rorschach at the same time and destroy them. throw comedian thru unbreakable glass. he clearly had superhuman speed and strength. now daredevil from the tv show is just a skilled guy. he gets trashed when average thugs from the street hit him even with his rubber suit. he was physically weaker than kingpin who was in this show just a fat guy with anger issues. in the tv show daredevil is just a guy who can do acrobatics and fight. he is miles below the skill level of the comics version. why on earth would people even consider ozy movie version at the same level as daredevil tv show??? let alone say he can defeat him

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:47 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by MrMind
Ozy was a cooler character, has way better fight scene in the film along with being richer and better looking

he owns Matt in life

also he's not blind so.... Happy Dance
all that and he still didn't get laid. Unlike a certain blind lawyer.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:47 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by deathslash
all that and he still didn't get laid. Unlike a certain blind lawyer.

breh if you think gettin laid is some kind of achievement in life

I've got some bad news...

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:08 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Not a comic vs thread.

Reported.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:33 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Dareangel
now daredevil from the tv show is just a skilled guy. he gets trashed when average thugs from the street hit him even with his rubber suit. he was physically weaker than kingpin who was in this show just a fat guy with anger issues. in the tv show daredevil is just a guy who can do acrobatics and fight.

I agree with Ozy winning too, but your clearly selling TV Daredevil short here. The character was wading through hand ninjas and such in his 2nd series and the Defenders. Also Kingpin just a fat guy with anger issues is laughable. You need to go and rewatch those shows.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 03:21 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by tkitna
I agree with Ozy winning too, but your clearly selling TV Daredevil short here. The character was wading through hand ninjas and such in his 2nd series and the Defenders. Also Kingpin just a fat guy with anger issues is laughable. You need to go and rewatch those shows.

My friend i have watched the series very well. what are daredevil feats to suggest he is even at peak human levels, let alone super human. what are kingpin feats to suggest he is more than a big guy with anger issues

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 03:47 PM
DarkSaint85

Didn't Kingpin tank repeated blows from Daredevil with his billy clubs? Rage monster or not, you don't walk those off...

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 04:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Didn't Kingpin tank repeated blows from Daredevil with his billy clubs? Rage monster or not, you don't walk those off...

of course he tanked hits. but so would any guy in real life his size and while full of adrenaline in a middle of a fight. i didnt see kingpin do anything a real life guy his size and full of rage cant do

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 05:20 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Dareangel
of course he tanked hits. but so would any guy in real life his size and while full of adrenaline in a middle of a fight. i didnt see kingpin do anything a real life guy his size and full with anger cant do

Fair enough. I personally don't think a guy his size, even when full of rage, would tank multiple blows from a trained MA, using what essentially sounded like metal poles (sparks were flying off them when he hit Fisk's pipes, and you can hear them when he throws them to the ground). The fight is around 1:22:

Fisk wasn't even affected apart from some bleeding from before. Not groggy or anything. Adrenaline or not, it's just physics.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 05:26 PM