KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

1. Has this been researched?

2. Do we get to dictate people's gender identity based on their sexuality, too?

3. Is sexuality even relevant when considering how someone identifies their gender?

4. Are you Sir Whirly Splatt?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:23 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

3. Is sexuality even relevant when considering how someone identifies their gender?

Let's add one more.

5) Should an age of consent be given for an individual to change their gender previously designated by their biology? Or should we allow children who have difficulty deciding which flavor of Ice Cream they wish to choose a choice against there fundamental biology.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:26 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Let's add one more.

5) Should an age of consent be given for an individual to change their gender previously designated by their biology? Or should we allow children who have difficulty deciding which flavor of Ice Cream they wish to choose a choice against there fundamental biology.

What are your answers to 1-4?

As for 5: irrelevant. Non sequitur. Age of consent is based on a number, not a gender or gender identity.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

What are your answers to 1-4?

As for 5: irrelevant. Non sequitur. Age of consent is based on a number, not a gender or gender identity.

I disagree, I have no problem who an adult chooses to be, although I would raise the age of consent to 21 for this inline with alcohol.

1-3 have already been answered in the other thread.

4 ask a mod or go with your gut.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:33 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

I disagree,

Why? What specifically do you disagree with?

An 11-year old born as a normal male who has an XY chromosomal pair can identify as a female, if that person chooses. The age of consent law doesn't magically change because of that.

1-3 have already been answered in the other thread.

You did? Where? Quote the posts and number them for me because I am too dumb to see it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:36 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

You did? Where? Quote the posts and number them for me because I am too dumb to see it.

No, you are choosing not to read them their is a difference. I am certainly not re-posting them. Why be Obdurate matey.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Dec 1st, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:38 PM
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

No, you are choosing not to read them their is a difference. I am certainly not re-posting them. Why be Obdurate matey.

Because I read the whole thread and I do not see them. And I admit that I may be too dumb to understand. This gives you the chance to fully make your points while providing me the opportunity to ask clarifying questions.

If you were genuinely interested in discourse, you'd quote yourself, just like I have.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:56 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

Because I read the whole thread and I do not see them. And I admit that I may be too dumb to understand. This gives you the chance to fully make your points while providing me the opportunity to ask clarifying questions.

If you were genuinely interested in discourse, you'd quote yourself, just like I have.

DDM, you are well aware of what's there. Now chill pal, we are all in agreement minors should not be allowed to change gender. Your misdirection tactics don't matter their is no gallery, just polarised posters.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Dec 1st, 2017 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 05:13 PM
Afro Cheese

By sexuality you mean orientation, and not sex? I'm not sure if know the answers to 1-3.

As for question 5... Maybe an 11 year old can call themselves whatever gender they want.. but the physical transition stuff like hormones and surgery seems a bit irresponsible under a certain age to me.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:30 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

1. Dunno

2. Probably not.

3. Probably not.

4. Yes I am.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

DDM, you are well aware of what's there.

Now chill pal,

I am chill. What, you think your tactics got me bothered? Sorry, you're not that good. Probably no one gets upset around these parts. And the ones that did are no longer with us.

we are all in agreement minors should not be allowed to change gender.

I most certainly do not agree with that.

You've yet to define your use of "gender" and "sex" so how is it possible for us to agree or disagree?

Your misdirection tactics don't matter their is no gallery, just polarised posters.

I guess this is a troll attempt or something? I'm too dumb to get it to fall into the trap. Tell me how you want me to react and I'll be a better troll-ee for you.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:23 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to my psych prof, no.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:24 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

Originally posted by BackFire
1. Dunno

2. Probably not.

3. Probably not.

4. Yes I am.

1. We knew that.

2. Obvious.

3. Obvious.

4. BANNED!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:25 AM
cdtm

Question 5: Why the fixation on gender identity anyways?

There's a woman everyone knows about in town, who wasn't born a woman. I had dinner with her (At a party). Talked with friends/family about her. Nobody cared.

Nobody cared what she identified as, or where she went to the bathroom.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
Question 5: Why the fixation on gender identity anyways?

There's a woman everyone knows about in town, who wasn't born a woman. I had dinner with her (At a party). Talked with friends/family about her. Nobody cared.

Nobody cared what she identified as, or where she went to the bathroom.

As I pointed out out in the other thread, I just don't need to be involved in everyone's live. Unless they are a friend or family, I'm not going to give two shits.

I really really don't care. Be a man. Be a woman. Whatever. I don't need to know about it unless we have some sort of relationship.

like you said...who cares? Just leave each other alone. Unless you are mutual friends, why get involved in personal things like that?

But the butt-anger about minors, right?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:41 AM
Afro Cheese

Well, it also doesn't affect me if people let their young teens drink, smoke or have sex. But I do think that it's somewhat irresponsible regardless, and I support laws against that sort of thing.

Once again I'm more referring to the physical transition that many trans folk decide to undergo. I believe this question is going to be a hot button issue for some time... As there is also a decent argument to be made that the transition will be more effective if you start the process before puberty hits.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 10:12 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Well, it also doesn't affect me if people let their young teens drink, smoke or have sex. But I do think that it's somewhat irresponsible regardless, and I support laws against that sort of thing.

Once again I'm more referring to the physical transition that many trans folk decide to undergo. I believe this question is going to be a hot button issue for some time... As there is also a decent argument to be made that the transition will be more effective if you start the process before puberty hits.

And most people here won't suffer much, if at all, from climate change.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 11:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So Climate Change is just Maw Nature getting her Period?

I could buy that.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 12:34 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Actually, it does affect you when a teen DUI, smokes, or does other things. Only if the teen does drugs while in a safe environment.

And, no, you're not affected at all when a teen has sex...IIF they have adequate sex education and liberal access to birth control.

Right. Same arguments I made. All the transsexuals I personally know, knew they were the gender that they felt they were, long before puberty. At best the argument, that they are making the wrong decision about their gender, is weak. At worst, it is harmful and bigoted towards the Trans community.

However...I would rather err on the side of caution and be fearful of letting children go under the knife. Instead, allow for delayed puberty options under the watchful care of a physician.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 05:59 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Same arguments I made. All the transsexuals I personally know, knew they were the gender that they felt they were, long before puberty. At best the argument, that they are making the wrong decision about their gender, is weak. At worst, it is harmful and bigoted towards the Trans community.

The problem I have with this as an argument is that it excludes the people who felt confused about their gender identity who were younger who ended up adjusted to their birth sex by adulthood. Like you can say all transgender people felt that way when they were younger, but that doesn't mean everyone who feels that way younger winds up a transgender adult.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 06:56 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote