KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Actor who has played the same character the most times over and over again

Actor who has played the same character the most times over and over again
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Tongue Actor who has played the same character the most times over and over again

Is it hugh jackman?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:35 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Potter is up there

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:40 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Thanks

2014 though

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:48 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I guarantee you someone has topped the top ones in three/four years

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

RDJ matches Hugh once Infinity War is released. And will actually surpass him by Avengers 4.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:05 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was going to answer, but I misunderstood. I thought this was asking about actors that tend to portray more or less the same character in every role they take.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I was going to answer, but I misunderstood. I thought this was asking about actors that tend to portray more or less the same character in every role they take.
like who?

All of Morgan freemans characters seem all the same for every movie

(Great actor though)

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on Dec 4th, 2017 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:14 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Christopher Lee played Dracula probably close to a dozen times, I can't think of anyone off hand who tops him.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 01:20 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mark Hamill as The Joker must be up there.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 01:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Robert Englund as Freddy is up there.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 01:31 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Desmond Llewelyn as Q

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 01:46 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
like who?

All of Morgan freemans characters seem all the same for every movie

(Great actor though)

Yeah, Morgan tends to be the wise magical negro of the movies. Nic Cage seems another one where it is like he is playing the same character. I think that is mostly just due to not being a skilled actor. Whereas Morgan Freeman clearly is capable of stepping outside the "wise magical negro" trope.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Has Schwarzenegger ever played a character that is NOT special forces military or ex military type, a cop or ex cop, etc ? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Besides the Terminator series were he was a robot

Last edited by Inhuman on Dec 5th, 2017 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:27 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Inhuman
Has Schwarzenegger ever played a character that is NOT special forces military or ex military type, a cop or ex cop, etc ? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Besides the Terminator series were he was a robot

In his comedies, sure, though not often. Like Twins for example.

==

My answer to the thread is Dwayne Johnson playing the "I'm an awkward geek in a jock's body" role enough that it's starting to feel like that's his niche.

I mean, I get that he wants to play against type, but he's pushing it a little.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Sean Connery played Bond, 7 times.. Moore serves as Bond for 12 years

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman

Aftermath...He plays a construction worker whose family are killed in an air crash caused by a negligent air traffic controller.

It was actually pretty good.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:25 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by jaden101
Aftermath...He plays a construction worker whose family are killed in an air crash caused by a negligent air traffic controller.

In Collateral Damage he plays a fire man whose family was killed by terrorists.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:07 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Playing a robot is 100% the perfect role for Arnold. This is equivalent to Charlie Sheen being hired to play a character that loves hookers and cocaine.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 03:59 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by jaden101

Sixth day as well though wasn’t really that great of a movie

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 05:52 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote