KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Elite Baltimore Gun Squad Corruption.

Elite Baltimore Gun Squad Corruption.
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Elite Baltimore Gun Squad Corruption.

Their job was to take guns off Baltimore streets. They admitted stealing drugs and cash instead.

quote:
BALTIMORE — The officers’ job during some of the bloodiest years in Baltimore was to get guns off the streets.

Instead, they plundered money, jewelry, drugs and weapons and gouged the cash-strapped city for overtime and hours they never worked, according to their own admissions and testimony in ongoing criminal cases.

Over the past four years, some members of the Gun Trace Task Force stole more than $300,000, at least three kilos of cocaine, 43 pounds of marijuana, 800 grams of heroin and hundreds of thousands of dollars in watches from suspected drug dealers and civilians, according to officers’ plea agreements and statements in federal court.

They admit to putting illegal trackers on the cars of suspected dealers so they could rob their homes and sell off any drugs and guns they found. The squad sergeant, Wayne Jenkins, carried brass knuckles, a machete and a grappling hook — all shown to jurors — in case they found a “monster” dealer to swindle, two officers testified in Baltimore over the past week. Those officers testified that Jenkins also told them to carry BB guns to plant at crime scenes in case they needed to justify why they had hurt someone.

Baltimore Cops Carried Toy Guns to Plant on People They Shot, Trial Reveals.

quote:
Last week, the beginning of an explosive corruption trial involving eight members of Baltimore's elite Gun Trace Task Force revealed that a handful of Baltimore cops allegedly kept fake guns in their patrol cars to plant on innocent people—a failsafe they could use if they happened to shoot an unarmed suspect, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Detective Maurice Ward, who's already pleaded guilty to corruption charges, testified that he and his partners were told to carry the replicas and BB guns "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them." The directive allegedly came from the team's sergeant, Wayne Jenkins, the Washington Post reports. Though Ward didn't say whether or not the tactic was ever used, Detective Marcus Taylor—another cop swept up in the scandal—was carrying a fake gun almost identical to his service weapon when he was arrested last year, according to the Sun.

The revelation is just one of many egregious abuses that have come out of the sprawling trial that the Sun has called "Baltimore’s biggest police corruption scandal in memory." Prosecutors say the squad, which was tasked with getting illegal guns off the streets, abused its power by robbing suspects and innocent people, raiding homes without warrants, and selling confiscated drugs, among other crimes.

But the BB gun testimony is particularly disturbing in light of 12-year-old Tamir Rice's death in 2014, the 13-year-old in Baltimore who was shot twice by cops in 2016 after he allegedly sprinted from them with a replica gun in his hand, and the 86 people fatally shot by police in 2015 and 2016 who were spotted carrying toy guns.

Six of the eight task force members charged in the corruption scandal have pleaded guilty to racketeering charges, but Taylor and Detective Daniel Hersl have pleaded not guilty. They're currently on trial while several of their former partners testify against them.

Wow, this is a bad one. That's some insane corruption.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:01 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So a Stupid Democrat Group is Corrupt.

Why is this a shock again?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:03 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Try and imagine how many people have been swept up in this. For every 1 group of corrupt cops we expose, there are 10 more that we don't know about. And this has gone on for decades!

I wish I could be around to see the estimates they have for how many people have been wrongly convicted or incarcerated, especially inner cities with higher black and Latino populations 100 years from now.

It's like a plot from the Wire. 10 years ago, if someone tried to report such a widespread corruption ring, they would be laughed out. No one could believe Police Officers could ever be so corrupt and terrible.

Unfortunately, most people don't understand that Police Officers are people. And people, in general, can be pretty shitty, and it is often proportionate to how much power and oversight they are given. The terrible monsters of the 20th Century like Stalin and Hitler, are no different than you and me. Every terrible deed they have ever done, and urge that they have, is something we are all capable of doing. It seems, we have forgotten the lessons of history.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:17 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Sergent at the heart of this, dude has an odd face/head:

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Elite Baltimore Gun Squad Corruption.

quote: (post)

Always on body-cams really help with this. The technology is there according to a reddit thread I read on this topic.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Body-cams w/ audio recording should be a requirement for all police officers. They don't go on duty without their gun or radio, they shouldn't go out without a camera. IMO, it will help them out more than anything else.

There's been a few vids posted on KMC alone where they showed an officer using lethal force and he/she had every right to do so. They tried to first diffuse the situation, they gave the suspect time to comply, yet the suspect wouldn't and the officer was forced to defend themselves.

There was also that one vid of the corrupt cop who forgot his camera was on and was caught planting a gun at a crime scene.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And there was that video where that cop shot that drunk dude in the hotel when the cop was giving him absolutely ridiculous commands and screaming at him and shit. Very disturbing, definitely didn't get as much media coverage as other police shootings (I wonder why).

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:42 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I liked the one where the guys mistimed when the cam would start recording, so it starts with them planting the drugs then walking back to their car, "turning on" the cam then walking over and picking the exact hiding spot first time. Hilarious. At least try to make it look believable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:45 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
And there was that video where that cop shot that drunk dude in the hotel when the cop was giving him absolutely ridiculous commands and screaming at him and shit. Very disturbing, definitely didn't get as much media coverage as other police shootings (I wonder why).

Oh yeah, that was pretty much an execution.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb

I wonder why too. Weird. What was different about this from other unjust shootings. I'm trying to put my finger on it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 06:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I wonder why too. Weird. What was different about this from other unjust shootings. I'm trying to put my finger on it.

If you google "Police Shoot Unarmed Man", all the top hits are still from that specific story. You tried Surt, you really tried to force another Black vs White racism narrative, but you failed again.

Try and do better for yourself, sport. At least try, for yourself.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If you google "Police Shoot Unarmed Man", all the top hits are still from that specific story. You tried Surt, you really tried to force another Black vs White racism narrative, but you failed again.

Try and do better for yourself, sport. At least try, for yourself.

Lol, why do you feel this proves it didn't get less media coverage?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The story got shitloads of media coverage, sport. It's also still #1 in google searches as well. But you go blowing that rape-whistle over imaginary wrongs like you do

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The story got shitloads of media coverage, sport. It's also still #1 in google searches as well. But you go blowing that rape-whistle over imaginary wrongs like you do

It did not get anywhere near the coverage of other shootings.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It did not get anywhere near the coverage of other shootings.

Okay then, proof of this claim? Go on.

I already showed you proof via google, so there goes your expected dodge and flip.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:49 PM
Flyattractor

Robbie "Trusts" Google

Thats funny.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Body-cams w/ audio recording should be a requirement for all police officers. They don't go on duty without their gun or radio, they shouldn't go out without a camera. IMO, it will help them out more than anything else.

This is why I also said "always on." Because they've caught police turning their cameras off to do corrupt things (because the cops forgot or didn't know that it always recorded the previous 15 seconds before the "turn on camera" option was used).

When on duty, it has to be "always on" without the ability to override (perhaps when pooping?)

Originally posted by Nephthys
I liked the one where the guys mistimed when the cam would start recording, so it starts with them planting the drugs then walking back to their car, "turning on" the cam then walking over and picking the exact hiding spot first time. Hilarious. At least try to make it look believable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, dis guy know which one I'm talking about...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay then, proof of this claim? Go on.

I already showed you proof via google, so there goes your expected dodge and flip.

But you didn't show proof lol. A google search isn't proof.

Is that the kind of game you play? Pass something off as "proof" of something and then demand proof in return? Lol no thanks. We didn't hear about this story as much on CNN MSNBC, etc. Why are you trying to pretend like we did because of a google search?

Hell I didn't hear about the story on the news, I heard it here.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 08:09 PM
Flyattractor

We should just go ahead and completely dissolve the U.S Police Dept Nationwide.

That will make the Country a much safer place for its Criminal Citizens.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 08:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

But you didn't show proof lol. A google search isn't proof.

Is that the kind of game you play? Pass something off as "proof" of something and then demand proof in return? Lol no thanks. We didn't hear about this story as much on CNN MSNBC, etc. Why are you trying to pretend like we did because of a google search?

Hell I didn't hear about the story on the news, I heard it here.

I did and It does, it shows it's still the #1 that populates in searches. You don't even have to add "white unarmed man" for it to be at the top spots.

So your proof seems to be "what I feel" as you've shown nothing and just ranted again about 'the media', which was expected, so blow that rape-whistle over imagined wrongs again, sport. Blow it hard.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 1st, 2018 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 08:36 PM