KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?

Will Snoke be more powerful than Sidious?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he will be more powerful. 12 52.17%
No, he will be less powerful. 9 39.13%
They will be equal (more or less) 2 8.70%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?

What do you guys think? Vote please

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Either is possible, but I'm betting on more powerful.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 05:54 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I honestly don't even think he will be more powerful than Vader.

Remember Kylo Ren's fear about never being Vader's equal? Would be an odd feat to have, and would be odd for him to revere Vader so much if his own Master is so much greater.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canonically speaking, absolutely. There seems to be an evolutionary positive feeback loop in regards to force power in canon.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Remember Kylo Ren's fear about never being Vader's equal? Would be an odd feat to have, and would be odd for him to revere Vader so much if his own Master is so much greater.
Right, because Kylo definietly knows how powerful Vader was erm

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Probably given Sidious isn't absurdly as powerful in Canon. That and the ST seems to be going on this whole "bigger is better." Thing.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Kylo's own fear about presently not being a match for Vader has nothing to do with Snoke, lmfao.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:43 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Originally posted by MythLord
Either is possible, but I'm betting on more powerful.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:44 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Right, because Kylo definietly knows how powerful Vader was erm

Yeah I'm sure Luke told him nothing about Vader.

Kylo's own fear about presently not being a match for Vader has nothing to do with Snoke, lmfao.

So that's perfectly logical to you? That he aspires to be as strong as Vader instead of Snoke, despite Snoke being more powerful than Vader?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor, if I'm currently a su-chef at a restaurant, is it illogical that I aspire to run my own restaurant eventually, instead of being a TV famous Gordan Ramsey mimicker? I mean it would be nice, but it's not my current goal, nor one that I see as being achievable.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:29 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better yet, if Kylo was simply idolising the most powerful person possible why doesn't he have a shrine to Sidious, who we know is more powerful than Vader?

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:36 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

So that's perfectly logical to you? That he aspires to be as strong as Vader instead of Snoke, despite Snoke being more powerful than Vader?

Then why doesn't he aspire to be as strong as Sidious? Or maybe it's a matter of familial goals in mind; He has a set standard he has to meet with what his grandfather did(I will finish what you started) and to do so Ren believes he should be as powerful as Vader.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:49 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Perhaps Snoke is so above Vader that it'd be improductive for Kylo to try to reach that level of power from where he's right now?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:52 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Then why doesn't he aspire to be as strong as Sidious? Or maybe it's a matter of familial goals in mind; He has a set standard he has to meet with what his grandfather did(I will finish what you started) and to do so Ren believes he should be as powerful as Vader.

Well he has/had no relationship with Sidious at all. But Vader was his grandfather, and the source of his own powers. Whereas Snoke is his current dark side master.

Like I said it just wouldn't make much sense to me. Not that this Star Wars trilogy makes much sense as it is.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:53 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

nah, he will be wizard of oz behind the curtain trickery, I doubt he's Qui Gon level tbh

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:55 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I see Snoke being Dooku level at best tbh.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:03 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Snoke will definitely be more powerful. I see Snoke possibly reaching Valkorion/DE Sidious levels of power, or at least very near that.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:08 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by darthbane77
Snoke will definitely be more powerful. I see Snoke possibly reaching Valkorion/DE Sidious levels of power, or at least very near that.

How are you coming to that specific conclusion exactly?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kylo freezing bolts midair, ripping information out of minds, surviving a bow-caster shot; yes he's a shit duelist, but those force feats are nothing to laugh at considering how young Kylo is.

He is at least Savage Oppress level in terms of raw power.

It would make sense for Snoke to be, you know, powerful enough to where Kylo can't overthrow him.

"He is said to be very ancient (thousands of years old) and powerful. In the novel, Empire’s End, Palpatine states that he sensed a powerful dark side presence in the outer rims calling out to him, so powerful he believes it is the source of the dark side itself. He dispatched numerous search parties, and used a supercomputer from Darth Vitiate’s Sith Empire (hidden in an observatory under Jakku) to calculate pathways for navigation. These imperial search parties eventually became the foundation of the First Order, led by Snoke. Now, it seems logical to speculate that the uber-powerful dark presence Palpatine sensed was non other than Snoke. Therefore, it seems that Snoke may have surpassed Palpatine in power."

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well not arguing that, just wondering how DB is coming to such specifics on the power. I mean he could also not be, but I guess we'll wait n see.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:35 PM