KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Soma (ps4/pc)

Soma (ps4/pc)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Soma (ps4/pc)

For those of you who don't know, this is a horror game thats been years in the making. It came out today, and is getting good reviews. Its by the creators of Amnesia, so you know its going to be terrifying.

"The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.

Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.

The only way out is to do something unimaginable."

The setting is an underwater facility, and there are no supernatural elements to speak of. I hear the strange enemies they've created for this are just as horrifying though. Also, the game clocks in at 12 hours, and costs $30.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/soma/critic-reviews

PWNT

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 11:49 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it's getting great reviews.

I will probably wait for the eventual Steam sale. Got too many games to play through. Obviously, they can't control when to release the game but the lack of quality titles in July/Aug would of helped immensely.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 04:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Another seek n' hide game? It's getting a bit old tbh.

Looks great, anyway. Maybe for Halloween..

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 04:12 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I just finished SOMA a couple days ago and it's truly incredible. The story is engrossing and deep with a lot of interesting themes throughout, and the voice acting is really next-level. The gameplay is decent, though admittedly somewhat tedious at certain points. The game frequently put myself on edge with the creepy noises and abandoned surroundings, so for a horror game it definitely scored in its prime objective, though I have heard that some more experienced horror players found the scares to be a bit underwhelming. But overall, I loved this game. If you're like me who mostly plays games for the story, you'll get exactly what you want from SOMA.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:49 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote