KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Green Room (2016)

Green Room (2016)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Green Room (2016)

With Patrick Stewart. I definitely wanna check this out at some point. Looks pretty good and is getting pretty good reviews...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2016 10:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

Saw Green Room a while back - incredible; this is now one of my all-time favorite thrillers. What a horrific & heinous film - and I mean that as a compliment. The idea of a group of people stuck in a horrible situation completely out of their control is nightmarish - and was presented extremely effectively here.

I see a lot of films, and this was one of the few where I can honestly say the editing was perfect; not one wasted moment or unnecessary scene - extremely well-done.

I'm a huge music fan (most genres), with an emphasis on hard rock/metal/some punk. And, it was amusing how this punk band mentioned hardcore bands as being their "desert island bands" when asked during the radio interview. However, when they were later facing mortal danger (when stuck in the room), they admitted their "real" desert island bands; it was funny that the redhead admitted that "Simon & Garfunkel" was her DI band - even though she obviously wouldn't have been caught dead admitting this during the previous radio interview - LOL.

Going along with this, the last couple of lines in the film were fantastic - very cleverly placed.

Very unexpected & out-of-character performance by Patrick Stewart; he played a great bad guy here - very much against type.

RIP Anton Yelchin.

Last edited by Rick Deckard on Dec 10th, 2017 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:02 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, this film was great. I watched it probably a year or so ago now.

It's just a really solid little thriller.

Also watch Don't Breathe if you haven't already. Really like that one, too.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Dec 14th, 2017 at 02:21 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Don't Breathe was garbage.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:16 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

H8er

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Caught this awhile back, was a solid thriller and rather violent, would recommend to anyone who is a fan of the genre. If you also happen to be a fan of seeing Nazis getting killed, all the better.

As noted above, Stewart makes for a good villain, something he doesn't do often.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 09:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Don't Breathe was garbage.
Chomper! long time no see. How's it been, buddy?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 08:26 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote