KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Wind River

Wind River
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Wind River

An FBI agent teams with the town's veteran game tracker to investigate a murder that occurred on a Native American reservation.

Director: Taylor Sheridan
Writer: Taylor Sheridan
Stars: Elizabeth Olsen, Jeremy Renner, Jon Bernthal

Old Post May 27th, 2017 11:38 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

looks like a great movie thumb up

Old Post May 27th, 2017 11:40 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch teaming up to stop Punisher?

sounds legit.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 12:10 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 28th, 2017 04:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's already reviews for this when your looking at it through Google

8.6/10 IMDB

85% RT

73% Metacritic

Old Post May 28th, 2017 04:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was skeptical then saw the "from the writers of Sicario and Hell or Highwater"

I'll be seeing this.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 28th, 2017 08:03 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101

I'll be seeing this.

Yep sold on that alone. On my "want to see" list.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 04:42 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by jaden101

I'll be seeing this.

^ Shit yeah (haven't even watched the trailer yet)

Old Post May 28th, 2017 07:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fisdetuc

This looks kinda interesting

Old Post May 30th, 2017 01:29 PM
fisdetuc is currently offline Click here to Send fisdetuc a Private Message Find more posts by fisdetuc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

Saw Wind River on Blu earlier this week. Incredible film! This is definitely a modern masterpiece, and one of the best thrillers I've seen in the past 10 years. SPOILERS below:

The desolate & wintry Wyoming landscape may as well have been another character in the film.

Interesting to see John Bernthal play a good guy/victim in this film - considering he usually plays different kinds of characters (i.e., The Punisher, the ex-con in Shot Caller, etc.)

One of my favorite scenes in the film was when the local police & FBI agent (well played by Elizabeth Olson) went to investigate the crime @ the oil rig employee trailers - the scene starting with Graham Green telling EO to "get away from the door" and the subsequent shoot out was amazing & extremely well edited. And, after the shoot-out was over, having the JR character took some of the characters out from a distance (with the sniper rifle) was jarring & unexpected....(but was also probably foreshadowed by the scene(s) in the beginning of the film when he took out the predatory animals who were stalking the sheep). Great sequence, from start to finish.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 05:45 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This was a pretty good movie, all around. The flashback was especially effective.
Graham Greene did his usual bang up jib as a supporting actor. I've met the guy IRL, and he's a presence.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 10:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I found this to be very good. Solid performances all around. Solid story. Pulled at your emotions and then gave you satisfaction.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Loved it was bleak as hell
But the ending was incredibly satisfying

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 12:25 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really enjoyed, but thinking back on it I wish the flashback had been at the start. It would have made the eventual showdown more tense, I think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 12:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Disagree, friendo. Felt it being shown later in the film carried a bit of mystery along the way which we would have not had if the scene was shown from the beginning.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 12:54 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
Disagree, friendo. Felt it being shown later in the film carried a bit of mystery along the way which we would have not had if the scene was shown from the beginning.

I agree about the mystery thing. I just, myself, would have been okay trading it for what I feel would have added more tension.

Still, it doesn't take a lot away from what is a very good movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 12:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Fair enough

Will admit, when we first see Shane/Punisher, I knee-jerked for a moment and thought for sure he was the rapist/murderer

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:01 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fair enough

Will admit, when we first see Shane/Punisher, I knee-jerked for a moment and thought for sure he was the rapist/murderer

lol same. And that thought of "I wonder how wonderfully intense his character is going to be" struck straight away.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:03 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

LoLz, I was like "oh this motherf**ker". Weren't we the emotional fools

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

LoLz, I was like "oh this motherf**ker". Weren't we the emotional fools

I was so surprised when I saw him in interviews. He's so laid back it's ridiculous. Just shows how good an actor he is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:07 AM