KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"

Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Deadly shooting in Wichita linked to "Swatting"

FYI, swatting is an internet prank/crime where someone finds your address either through your IP (usually through an online video game) or because your name and location is known. Then they call 911 anonymously and report a fake emergency e.g. that someone at that address is being held at a gun point or someone is going to commit suicide and a SWAT team would be dispatched to the address.

Someone finally died because of this shit.

It's only a video game, FFS.

That cop pulled the trigger too soon.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 01:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

It's hard to see clearly what that guy was doing since he was so far away but it looked to me like he had his hands up, lowered them, and then pulled them up in front of himself pointing them forward. I can't tell if he was holding something or not. I can't even tell if that's what actually happened. Just what I made out.

EDIT: Just watched some of the press conference video and looks like that's exactly what happened. This is f*cked up

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Last edited by juggerman on Dec 30th, 2017 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 05:16 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

We need Video Game Console Control.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Thankfully, the ****er that made the call has been arrested. Swatting in general has been a problem for awhile now, but the fact it led to its first death here is still unacceptable.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah, but the fat ass hat lives in L.A and he only got a midwesterner killed. So Not even a slap on the wrist. Probably not even Community Service.

Oh wait....He isn't an Illegal. He is white....OK...he MIGHT get some community service.

MIGHT!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:04 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
It's hard to see clearly what that guy was doing since he was so far away but it looked to me like he had his hands up, lowered them, and then pulled them up in front of himself pointing them forward. I can't tell if he was holding something or not. I can't even tell if that's what actually happened. Just what I made out.

EDIT: Just watched some of the press conference video and looks like that's exactly what happened. This is f*cked up

Yes, and it raises questions.

Like why would someone do that in front if a policeman.

Everyone knows when you're told to show hands, you show hands.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 09:00 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by cdtm
Yes, and it raises questions.

Like why would someone do that in front if a policeman.

Everyone knows when you're told to show hands, you show hands.

Oh just go with the Racist Cops Answer.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 09:05 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Cop should be fired and punished with jail time, and the guy who called it in should be sentenced to life in prison.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by BackFire
Cop should be fired and punished with jail time, and the guy who called it in should be sentenced to life in prison.

Maybe.

As tragic as this is, it really depends on the details.. I mean, a cop who's told he's going in on an armed civilian, is forced to take that at face value.

Because he's the one that gets shot, if it's not a prank. (And he'd have no way of knowing it's a prank..)

That said, if he's at fault somehow, then yeah, something needs to be done.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:11 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Guy who did it is in LA Califunny. That stand don't even hadn out manslaughter when people get killed anymore....well under the right circumstances...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:21 PM
BackFire

Maybe.

As tragic as this is, it really depends on the details.. I mean, a cop who's told he's going in on an armed civilian, is forced to take that at face value.

Because he's the one that gets shot, if it's not a prank. (And he'd have no way of knowing it's a prank..)

That said, if he's at fault somehow, then yeah, something needs to be done.

Unless the man opened the door holding a gun then the cop shooting him is unacceptable. All accounts are that the man did not have a gun and was shot immediately upon opening the front door of his own house.

So if those accounts are true then the officer is grossly incompetent (a running theme in today's police force, it seems) and needs to not be a police officer anymore and should face time for said incompetence.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Do we know what the swat pranker told the cops was going on in the house?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:42 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Do we know what the swat pranker told the cops was going on in the house?

Yes:

"I killed him...I already poured gasoline all over the house. I may light it."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:52 PM
cdtm

Unless the man opened the door holding a gun then the cop shooting him is unacceptable. All accounts are that the man did not have a gun and was shot immediately upon opening the front door of his own house.

So if those accounts are true then the officer is grossly incompetent (a running theme in today's police force, it seems) and needs to not be a police officer anymore and should face time for said incompetence.

So don't fire unless fired upon?

I honestly have no idea how this should have been handled, but in cases where police are dealing with an armed suspect, I assume the officer's right to defend his own life the same as anyone. Shoot before they shoot you.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:54 PM
Flyattractor

Well that POS CalifukJob needs to get sent to PoundHimInhTheAss Prison.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:55 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I honestly have no idea how this should have been handled, but in cases where police are dealing with an armed suspect, I assume the officer's right to defend his own life the same as anyone. Shoot before they shoot you.

How would the cop know it's not one of the hostages opening the door, for example?

EDIT: Jeez, the guy looks like a ****ing alien.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:03 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

No, don't fire unless you see a gun/weapon and the guy with a gun/weapon actually does something threatening. If a person can't handle that then they should not be a cop.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:21 AM
snowdragon

No, don't fire unless you see a gun/weapon and the guy with a gun/weapon actually does something threatening. If a person can't handle that then they should not be a cop.

This is a real problem in our parapolicing enviroment.

Kinda wraps back to the officer with the AR-15 that had etched things to show how tough he is with the gun when he killed the guy that was face down on the ground.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:26 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

The Police were set up here

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:27 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by snowdragon
This is a real problem in our parapolicing enviroment.

Kinda wraps back to the officer with the AR-15 that had etched things to show how tough he is with the gun when he killed the guy that was face down on the ground.

Yeah. It is always easy to Backseat Quarterback the types of situations that Cops get into.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:30 AM