KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims

Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims

12 people dead including at least 4 children after a fire in a Bronx apartment building:

Fatal NYC fire started by 3-year-old playing with stove, official says

"A 3-year-old boy's screams alerted his mother that a fire had erupted in their first-floor apartment in the Bronx on Thursday night. The boy had been playing with the burners on the kitchen stove, New York fire officials said Friday.
When the mother fled the burning apartment with the boy and his 2-year-old sibling, she made a fatal mistake -- she left the apartment door open.
The tragic result was the deaths of at least 12 people, including at least four children, the New York Police Department said."

The child apparently had a history of turning on burners,etc.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 10:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The kiddo liked fire...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 11:16 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Why didn't the fire alarms go off? Did the landlord keep them up?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 12:20 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Can we just go ahead and blame this on how Climate Change is affecting the poor and other such nonsense?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Tragic

always wondered why my aunt switched off all her appliances (with the exception of the refrigerator) every single time she used them

I know why now

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:03 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Probably did it cause YOU were in the house.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:07 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Can we just go ahead and blame this on how Climate Change is affecting the poor and other such nonsense?

Nah, I'm blaming the dumb mother who left a kid unsupervised with a history of doing this shit. This is on her.

A freak one time occurrence is one thing, but this kid had a history of doing this shit.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 31st, 2017 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:26 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Probably did it cause YOU were in the house.

Dude

I was 18

My cousin tho

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:56 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

... though this one time a female terran did chase me out the kitchen (and chase me all around the garden) for lifting the lid off some steel construct to see whats cookin

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 04:05 AM
dadudemon

Re: Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims

Originally posted by Surtur
12 people dead including at least 4 children after a fire in a Bronx apartment building:

Fatal NYC fire started by 3-year-old playing with stove, official says

"A 3-year-old boy's screams alerted his mother that a fire had erupted in their first-floor apartment in the Bronx on Thursday night. The boy had been playing with the burners on the kitchen stove, New York fire officials said Friday.
When the mother fled the burning apartment with the boy and his 2-year-old sibling, she made a fatal mistake -- she left the apartment door open.
The tragic result was the deaths of at least 12 people, including at least four children, the New York Police Department said."

The child apparently had a history of turning on burners,etc.

Why is it a mistake that she fled the apartment with her children when a fire was happening?

Leaving the door open isn't a mistake. I don't like the author of that article. no expression

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Why is it a mistake that she fled the apartment with her children when a fire was happening?

Leaving the door open isn't a mistake. I don't like the author of that article. no expression

I believe it's because it allowed the fire to spread? I dunno.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:34 PM
dadudemon

I believe it's because it allowed the fire to spread? I dunno.

Of course that allowed the fire to spread more quickly. Which may have prevented one or more deaths because it would give more time for them to escape.

But that's hardly a mistake. Not everyone is a fire expert.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by shiv
... though this one time a female terran did chase me out the kitchen (and chase me all around the garden) for lifting the lid off some steel construct to see whats cookin

What?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:37 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course that allowed the fire to spread more quickly. Which may have prevented one or more deaths because it would give more time for them to escape.

But that's hardly a mistake. Not everyone is a fire expert.

I would say the mistake was leaving a child with a history of doing this shit alone lol.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
What?

A female terran(aka, a person from earth) got mad when she was cooking and he lifted the lid on the pot to see what it was.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:40 PM
dadudemon

I would say the mistake was leaving a child with a history of doing this shit alone lol.

The boy wasn't alone. He was with his mother. And his mother responded to him when he started screaming.

No problems, here.

The expectation that a parent has to have eyes on their small children, 24/7, is absurd. It's not possible.

This is just a very shitty accident.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The boy wasn't alone. He was with his mother. And his mother responded to him when he started screaming.

No problems, here.

The expectation that a parent has to have eyes on their small children, 24/7, is absurd. It's not possible.

This is just a very shitty accident.

I disagree. He had a history of doing this, so yup, you keep an eye on him. You don't have him alone in another room if he has a history of this shit.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:06 PM
dadudemon

I disagree. He had a history of doing this, so yup, you keep an eye on him. You don't have him alone in another room if he has a history of this shit.

No, he didn't have a history of doing this. Unless this is the second time he's burned down an apartment complex?

If a history, you mean he plays with things he's curious about, no, that's not a history, that's being a child.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he didn't have a history of doing this. Unless this is the second time he's burned down an apartment complex?

If a history, you mean he plays with things he's curious about, no, that's not a history, that's being a child.

Lol dude, he had a history of playing with burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:24 PM
dadudemon

Lol dude, he had a history of playing with burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:24 PM