KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Cloud Atlas (2012)

Cloud Atlas (2012)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Cloud Atlas (2012)

This is said to be "filming" on IMDB.

The latest by the Wachowski bro (and sis?) staring Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugo Weaving, etc. I'm a big fan of the Matrix films and the Wachowskis' subject matter, so I'm excited to see what they're up to. Don't really know much about Cloud Atlas, but it's based on a novel by David Mitchell. Anybody familiar with it? (sounds confusing)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 11:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Apparently they've wrapped filming on this... and there's a behind the scenes photo. CLICK

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 01:10 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sure fire way to get ignored: post in the Sci-Fi forum... heh

The trailer has arrived. And it's 5 minutes long?? Looks pretty intriguing and epic, but also puzzling...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 02:29 AM
Gracifi
Termyka

Oh, I want to get it too, very curious about it

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 30th, 2012 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 10:30 AM
Gracifi is currently offline Click here to Send Gracifi a Private Message Find more posts by Gracifi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Alright, I'm down for this being in the Movie Discussion forum, seeing as it's just getting ignored in the Sci-Fi forum.

Poor Sci-Fi, gets no attention. sad

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 08:01 PM
siriuswriter

Wow. If the movie is this confusing and complicated, I can't imagine what the book will be like.

ETA Actually the book seems very simple, and the film makers pretty much took clips from everywhere and everywhen throughout the movie. And they're [obviously] having actors playing more than one role so that it makes more sense.

I just popped on wikipedia, then entered Cloud Atlas [book]. No spoilers here.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Jul 30th, 2012 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 08:04 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks to be worth the watch.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 08:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Wow. If the movie is this confusing and complicated, I can't imagine what the book will be like.

It reminds me a little of Brazil in it's strangeness and confusion. And I think I heard that Brazil was an influence on The Matrix films.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 09:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Wow, just saw this on Yahoo

Wow, Lana/Larry Wachowski is distractingly strange... confused

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 09:29 PM
siriuswriter

Okay, I think I have the gist of how they'll take us through the film.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The story is six nestled stories, and the stories are connected through a single, random act. We begin in 1850, with the man writing in his journal. The next story is linked through someone later in time who is reading the journal... and etc. It all ends in a post-apocolyptic Hawaii, where humans have only partly started to separate into groups and tribes.

So it's kind of like Six Degrees to Kevin Bacon but committed through time, space, and reincarnation.

Love it. I like to understand a bit more about crazy-weird movies like this before I see them, otherwise I'm trapped watching it, figuring out what just happened while the movie continues.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 11:29 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That seems to be correct, after checking out Wikipedia. Well, that doesn't sound tooooo confusing... I look forward to this. Should be interesting. Something a bit different, at least.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 11:47 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this seems very interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 12:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
l]

Wow, Lana/Larry Wachowski is distractingly strange... confused

Guilty boner, dude?

Me too... confused

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 02:58 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

laughing

Nah, but seriously, i was a huge Matrix fan (and still am), and so i remember him/her from old interviews and he/she doesnt even seem like the same person. Bizzare.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 09:14 AM
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
laughing

Nah, but seriously, i was a huge Matrix fan (and still am), and so i remember him/her from old interviews and he/she doesnt even seem like the same person. Bizzare.

Oh, Leechy.

Isn't that kind of the point of transgender surgery?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 02:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh, Leechy.

Isn't that kind of the point of transgender surgery?

Just not something you see everyday is all.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 04:00 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sweeeeet! I didn't realize Keith David was in this!!!

thumb up

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 08:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen some early reviews for this

seems you either will love it or just hate it

http://io9.com/5941980/early-review...slog-to-soulful

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I've finally got the book from Amazon.

Is this not coming to all theatres? Probably not - but we've got an "eclectic film" place in town.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 07:36 PM
whatthegatts?
Restricted

Account Restricted

This looks AMAZING. Can't rmemeber last time I was this yper for a film. I have full faith in the Wachowskis in pulling off something as good as their Matrix Trilogy woith this.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 06:30 PM
whatthegatts? is currently offline Click here to Send whatthegatts? a Private Message Find more posts by whatthegatts? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote