KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Is 80!

Superman Is 80!
Started by: James T. Kirk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
James T. Kirk
Captain

Superman Is 80!

Action Comics #1 went on sale 80 years ago today, introducing the world to the Man of Steel!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:00 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hopefully everyone that wanted one, will be able to get their copy of Action 1000.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 12:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hopefully everyone that wanted one, will be able to get their copy of Action 1000.

Got myself 3 copies just for the hell of it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 12:22 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I'd love to see what a clear-minded centenarian versus the average clear-minded 90 year old would think of all this. One would have grown up before Superhero Comics were a thing; the other would have been in the first generation raised into the genre.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 07:33 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SquallX
Got myself 3 copies just for the hell of it.

I only managed to get one due to comic shops here doing a midnight opening. I can't recall that ever happening before, so it caught me off-guard.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I'd love to see what a clear-minded centenarian versus the average clear-minded 90 year old would think of all this. One would have grown up before Superhero Comics were a thing; the other would have been in the first generation raised into the genre.

I wonder if they'll someday ask similar things about people who saw the internet take off.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 05:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last time anyone did a midnight opening was forbidden planet for Death of Superman almost 30 years ago.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 04:03 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Back then the one here in Dublin was a tiny ****ing place. Now it's all Funko pops and statues.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 10:26 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Back then the one here in Dublin was a tiny ****ing place. Now it's all Funko pops and statues.
Haha, yes they have all changed, Forbidden Planet and Virgin (yes it had a comics section then opened at midnight for the death of Superman at midnight). It's scary how long ago that was. I'd forgotten Virgin did but I mentioned it to a friend who reminded me.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 09:57 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Single-Cell

Wow

Old Post May 14th, 2018 12:03 PM
Single-Cell is currently offline Click here to Send Single-Cell a Private Message Find more posts by Single-Cell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote