KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What if Zion holds?

What if Zion holds?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

What if Zion holds?

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I thought I would bring it into definitive discussion.

What with the cycle of Zions and Ones and the established control of the machines, things look pretty bleak for the good guys. But- unlikely as it is, seeing all the advantages they machines have, what, if, at this point, Zion holds?

If the machine's assault on Zion is defeated, are the machines not screwed? The Matrix is going to crash soon and with it the means of their existence. The Architect said they could live without it but 'levels of survival' sounds very tenuous; if they thought they could still reasonably control the humans after a crash then they would not still destroy Zion in such a circumstance- the only reason to do so would be because Zion is a threat to them without the Matrix, which seems quite clear.

It is certainly one way for things to have a happy ending.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 6th, 2003 at 11:37 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 10:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

one thing i know for sure...it's going to have a very satisfying end, liken when neo woke from the dead and discovered he's the one...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 11:28 AM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i dont see how zion would win the conflict, but your right i think that it will (probably due to neos new found abilities in the real world). but with the crash of the matrix and the defense of zion i think that, as cheesey as this sounds, machines and man are going to learn to cooperate and live together. the only reason i would say that is there is some hinting towards it. for example the talk with the councelor or the talk with the oricle. Plus the film makes such a big deal about concious and freedom i doubt they would make the end of the film about cenocide against the machines.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 02:39 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

excuse my poor spelling, genocide

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 02:39 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote