KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Favourite minor appearances/cameos by non-actors

Favourite minor appearances/cameos by non-actors
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Favourite minor appearances/cameos by non-actors

As the title says, which films have instances where there was a minor appearance/cameo by someone who isn't really considered an actor, and which you genuinely enjoyed.

One of my picks, despite (or maybe because of) how absurd the role was, was Elton John, in the 2nd Kingsman film. I found myself at least smiling through most of the scenes that featured him.

Note: The person can either make an appearance as their real, celebrity selves, or they can be playing an actual character. Both are valid.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 02:56 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Kristen Stewart in Twilight.

I kid, I kid.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:12 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
As the title says, which films have instances where there was a minor appearance/cameo by someone who isn't really considered an actor, and which you genuinely enjoyed.

One of my picks, despite (or maybe because of) how absurd the role was, was Elton John, in the 2nd Kingsman film. I found myself at least smiling through most of the scenes that featured him.

Note: The person can either make an appearance as their real, celebrity selves, or they can be playing an actual character. Both are valid.

I always enjoy Stan Lee's cameos.

Considering Stan Lee isnt an actor...it should count

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:44 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Kristen Stewart in Twilight.

I kid, I kid.
laughing

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:06 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I always enjoy Stan Lee's cameos.

Considering Stan Lee isnt an actor...it should count

And you have to admire his commitment as well. It'd be great if the fan theory (that it's the same being in all the instances) ended up being fully confirmed (Feige has just teased the idea in an interview before). Because then he would have RDJ, Jackman, and the like, beaten by a country mile.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/stan-l...f-thors-hair-41

And that article doesn't include his latest cameo, on an episode of The Runaways.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:17 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And you have to admire his commitment as well. It'd be great if the fan theory (that it's the same being in all the instances) ended up being fully confirmed (Feige has just teased the idea in an interview before). Because then he would have RDJ, Jackman, and the like, beaten by a country mile.

Is that the one about him being one of those Watchers?

thought they dodge that one when we seen him talking to a bunch of them in Gotg vol 2.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, not necessarily a Watcher, but could be something. This is what Feige teased:

quote:
“Yes, we always thought it would be fun. Stan Lee clearly exists, you know, above and apart from the reality of all the films. So the notion that he could be sitting there on a cosmic pit stop during the jump gate sequence in Guardians was something very fun – James had that idea and we shot that cameo and loved it so much, you know, you see it a couple of times in the movie. It wasn’t in for a long time and we put it back in towards the end of the process where he references that time he was a Federal Express agent – we thought it would be fun to put that in there because that really says, so wait a minute, he’s this same character who’s popped up in all these films.”

And given the whole Fox deal (considering his cameos aren't limited to the MCU), they have even more freedom to turn this into something genuine if they ever actually wanted to. Not that they necessarily ever will, obviously.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 06:02 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ron Jeremy in Ghostbusters

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 09:58 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The king of Jordan was in ST:TNG

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:03 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sooo many great cameos. Fun thread idea! thumb up

Mike Tyson in THE HANGOVER movies:
"I'm Mike Tyson, i've seen everything."

Billy Idol in THE WEDDING SINGER:
"Get out of my way, Billy Idol!"

Chuck Norris in DODGEBALL:
"Thank YOU, Chuck Norris."

Billy Zane in ZOOLANDER:
"Its a walk off!"

Kareem Abdul Jabbar in AIRPLANE:
"Listen kid! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by jaden101
The king of Jordan was in ST:TNG

This is a pretty unique one, and the clip is actually on Youtube.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:15 AM
riv6672

This is a pretty unique one, and the clip is actually on Youtube.

I can beat that!

Kurt Vonnegut cameo'd in BACK TO SCHOOL:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzT9PNezxWw

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

http://www.thisisinsider.com/stan-l...f-thors-hair-41

And that article doesn't include his latest cameo, on an episode of The Runaways.

Yes. I mean, It isnt a marvel movie until Stann Lee appears.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Is that the one about him being one of those Watchers?

thought they dodge that one when we seen him talking to a bunch of them in Gotg vol 2.

Not a Watcher.

I think Stann Lee would do perfect as TOAA.

Considering that he is one of the founding fathers of Marvel....TOAA would suit him well dont you think?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:55 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i can see that.

If we're including TV (king of Jordan was in ST:TNG), then First Lady Michell Obama was on eps of iCarly and Jessie, as she shows no favoritism between Teen Nick and the House of Mouse.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 05:53 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672

Kurt Vonnegut cameo'd in BACK TO SCHOOL:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzT9PNezxWw

Who?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:54 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Google him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 12:04 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Bob Barker (Happy Gilmore)

the only one i can think of.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 12:04 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

LAND OF THE LOST...:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 12:17 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

LAND OF THE LOST...:

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 01:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Google him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Still don't know him.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 02:08 AM