KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jared and Ivanka offered Planned Parenthood a 'bribe' to stop abortions

Jared and Ivanka offered Planned Parenthood a 'bribe' to stop abortions
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Jared and Ivanka offered Planned Parenthood a 'bribe' to stop abortions

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/04/pla...-abortions.html

quote:
Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards wrote in her new memoir that Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump offered her a deal that she said felt like a 'bribe' to stop providing abortions, according to People magazine.

Richards, who is stepping down from her post this year, wrote in 'Make Trouble: Standing Up, Speaking Out, and Finding the Courage to Lead' that she met with President Donald Trump's daughter and son-in-law in January 2017. She said the White House power couple, who are now senior administration aides, offered an increase in Planned Parenthood's federal funding if the organization stopped providing abortions.

'The main issue, he [Kushner] explained, was abortion,' the magazine quoted from Richards' memoir. 'If Planned Parenthood wanted to keep our federal funding, we would have to stop providing abortions. He described his ideal outcome: a national headline reading 'Planned Parenthood Discontinues Abortion Services.'

The magazine said Richards wrote that Kushner told her to 'move fast.' Richards said she declined Kushner's proposal, saying: 'It felt almost like a bribe.'

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 09:49 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm completely fine with that tbh.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 09:51 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You're fine with corruption if it helps your interests?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:09 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Abortions - Don't bash em till you try em.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Someone should just abort Jared and Ivanka at this point.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

It doesn't strike me as particularly corrupt to say that an institution will get more taxpayer funding if it stops doing something half of the taxpayers find deeply immoral.

From the standpoint of someone who thinks some of their services are good, but abortion is problematic and even if legal should in no way be publically subsidized, there's nothing wrong with the arrangement that PP gets more money if they stop performing abortions.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:30 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Isn't it already illegal to use federal money to fund abortions?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't buy that it's that simple in reality. If your other services are being publically subsidized then it seems the logical conclusion that there would be more non-taxpayer money freed up to pay for abortion.

Actually on second thought, they shouldn't get taxpayer money either way if they have millions of dollars to spare to spend donating to Democratic candidates.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't buy that it's that simple in reality.

It's not unheard for for companies to have practices like "restricted funds", where 'x' amount of money or given donation can only be used in certain ways.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 10:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm completely fine with that tbh.

I'm okay with it, too. I'm more than happy to stop what I believe is the murder of babies with as much money, corruptly, as possible. Throw as much money as possible at it and if it is money being thrown at the situation, illegally, who cares! smile

Surely there are better options than bribes, however?

I'd rather start at UHC and UBI solutions, first. And the UHC option needs to include contraceptives for free.

But, yes, throw money at preventing abortions, please. More corruption as much as possible.

What, this is not the answer you expected? You thought people would be too much of a coward to admit to your strawman question? Not so, I've been very consistent about my anti-abortion stance. Abortion is wrong. Abortion is murder. But I want abortion legal and covered for free.

It doesn't strike me as particularly corrupt to say that an institution will get more taxpayer funding if it stops doing something half of the taxpayers find deeply immoral.

Which is why his question is a strawman and he knows it.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 11:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Unfortunately, the reality of abortions is not as cut and dry. While the laws in America are different, some things remain the same. If we remove the legal support ofr abortions, then the bad old days of the 60s 70s and 80s will re-emerge with a vengeance. Streetside abortions with coathangers will start happening once more, and many of those were with no consent or any kind of medical aide.

IIRC, this sometimes resulted in babies surviving this, and being born horribly disfigured and damaged to the point of disability.

Thats an extreme situation, but one that has haunted me, because I was a child of the 80s, and I remember some things I see...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 11:39 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Unfortunately, the reality of abortions is not as cut and dry. While the laws in America are different, some things remain the same. If we remove the legal support ofr abortions, then the bad old days of the 60s 70s and 80s will re-emerge with a vengeance. Streetside abortions with coathangers will start happening once more, and many of those were with no consent or any kind of medical aide.

IIRC, this sometimes resulted in babies surviving this, and being born horribly disfigured and damaged to the point of disability.

Thats an extreme situation, but one that has haunted me, because I was a child of the 80s, and I remember some things I see...

And that is not a good thing to occur, but I think it's a preferable option if it reduces the number of abortions taking place, which it would logically do.

It sucks that some people will self-inflict harm on themselves, but I don't think it's as much the government's responsibility to protect people from harming themselves the same way it's the government's responsibility to keep people from harming other people.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 11:43 PM
BackFire

Amazon should make abortions included in their prime membership. Everyone wins.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 11:48 PM
Darkstorm Zero

And that is not a good thing to occur, but I think it's a preferable option if it reduces the number of abortions taking place, which it would logically do.

It sucks that some people will self-inflict harm on themselves, but I don't think it's as much the government's responsibility to protect people from harming themselves the same way it's the government's responsibility to keep people from harming other people.

So your idea is to turn a safe procedure that will keep people alive, and turn it into an unsafe cottage industry where backyard hackjobs will charge extortionistic prices in unsafe malpractice surgeries? Shit, may as well open up black market organ harvesting. Sorry Emp, but there is more dire consequences for doing this kind of action. This is going to get a lot of people killed, and a lot of bad actors are going to profit.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 11:52 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So your idea is to turn a safe procedure that will keep people alive, and turn it into an unsafe cottage industry where backyard hackjobs will charge extortionistic prices in unsafe malpractice surgeries? Shit, may as well open up black market organ harvesting. Sorry Emp, but there is more dire consequences for doing this kind of action. This is going to get a lot of people killed, and a lot of bad actors are going to profit.

Sorry Zero, but the way any pro-life person views it is that our current policy gets a lot of people killed in a government sanctioned way.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 11:58 PM
BackFire

You know, the best part of seeing abortion arguments rehashed for the third dozen time on this website is that it never fails to remind me of one of my favorite George Carlin quotes -

quote:
Why, why, why, why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to **** in the first place, huh? Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ****ed.

Conservatives don't give a shit about you until you reach "military age". Then they think you are just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it. They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women. They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state.

Pro-life... You don't see many of these white anti-abortion women volunteering to have any black fetuses transplanted into their uteruses, do you? No, you don't see them adopting a whole lot of crack babies, do you? No, that might be something Christ would do. And, you won't see a lot of these pro-life people dousing themselves in kerosene and lighting themselves on fire. You know, morally committed religious people in South Vietnam knew how to stage a goddamn demonstration, didn't they?! They knew how to put on a ****ing protest. Light yourself on FIRE!! C'mon, you moral crusaders, let's see a little smoke. To match that fire in your belly.

Here's another question I have: how come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen, that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways we're better than chickens... See, nobody can do it! You know why? 'Cuz chickens are decent people. You don't see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? No, you don't see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? When's the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the shit out of his hen, huh? Doesn't happen. 'Cuz chickens are decent people.

But let's get back to this abortion shit. Now, is a fetus a human being? This seems to be the central question. Well, if a fetus is a human being, how come the census doesn't count them? If a fetus is a human being, how come when there's a miscarriage they don't have a funeral? If a fetus is a human being, how come people say "we have two children and one on the way" instead of saying "we have three children?" People say life begins at conception, I say life began about a billion years ago and it's a continuous process. Continuous, just keeps rolling along. Rolling, rolling, rolling along.

And say you know something? Listen, you can go back further than that. What about the carbon atoms? Hah? Human life could not exist without carbon. So is it just possible that maybe we shouldn't be burning all this coal? Just looking for a little consistency here in these anti-abortion arguments. See the really hardcore people will tell you life begins at fertilization. Fertilization, when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Which is usually a few moments after the man says "Gee, honey, I was going to pull out but the phone rang and it startled me." Fertilization.

But even after the egg is fertilized, it's still six or seven days before it reaches the uterus and pregnancy begins, and not every egg makes it that far. Eighty percent of a woman's fertilized eggs are rinsed and flushed out of her body once a month during those delightful few days she has. They wind up on sanitary napkins, and yet they are fertilized eggs. So basically what these anti-abortion people are telling us is that any woman who's had more than more than one period is a serial killer! Consistency. Consistency. Hey, hey, if they really want to get serious, what about all the sperm that are wasted when the state executes a condemned man, one of these pro-life guys who's watching cums in his pants, huh? Here's a guy standing over there with his jockey shorts full of little Vinnies and Debbies, and nobody's saying a word to the guy. Not every ejaculation deserves a name.

Now, speaking of consistency, Catholics, which I was until I reached the age of reason, Catholics and other Christians are against abortions, and they're against homosexuals. Well who has less abortions than homosexuals?! Leave these ****ing people alone, for Christ sake! Here is an entire class of people guaranteed never to have an abortion! And the Catholics and Christians are just tossing them aside! You'd think they'd make natural allies. Go look for consistency in religion. And speaking of my friends the Catholics, when John Cardinal O'Connor of New York and some of these other Cardinals and Bishops have experienced their first pregnancies and their first labor pains and they've raised a couple of children on minimum wage, then I'll be glad to hear what they have to say about abortion. I'm sure it'll be interesting. Enlightening, too. But, in the meantime what they ought to be doing is telling these priests who took a vow of chastity to keep their hands off the altar boys! Keep your hands to yourself, Father! You know? When Jesus said "Suffer the little children come unto me", that's not what he was talking about!

So you know what I tell these anti-abortion people? I say "Hey. Hey. If you think a fetus is more important that a woman, try getting a fetus to wash the shit stains out of your underwear. For no pay and no pension." I tell them "Think of an abortion as term limits. That's all it is. Biological term limits.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 12:06 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Sorry Zero, but the way any pro-life person views it is that our current policy gets a lot of people killed in a government sanctioned way.

yeah, because breeding the next generation, no matter the condition, is preferable to making sure that the babies are safe and healthy. Of course.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 12:08 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by BackFire
You know, the best part of seeing abortion arguments rehashed for the third dozen time on this website is that it never fails to remind me of one of my favorite George Carlin quotes -

That's a very disingenuous, cynical, generalized, antiquated and shallow view of what the "pro-life" argument is. As well as a weak argument on the humanity (or lack thereof) of fetuses that anyone who gives it a little thought could probably debunk easily.

Essentially, this argument is a joke (w/c is basically his job, seeing as he's a comedian).

1) Not all "prof-lifers" are conservatives. Not all are pro-military spending. Many would be happy providing social services to abandoned children in lieu of increased military spending, it just so happens that the only political party that supports pro-life is the conservative one.

2) See above on military. And we don't want women to be "brood mares" we just want you to take responsibility for your own actions and not murder a little innocent unborn child just so you can escape it.

3) Why should white women take responsibility for "black fetuses"? Why should they be made to adopt children they don't want to? Yes, Catholicism teaches us to be charitable, but we are given freedom of choice on the how. Why aren't the actual parents (yknow, the one who made the choice to concieve them?) of these children y'know the ones made to actually take responsibility for their own actions?

If the gov would ban abortion as form of contraception (not medically necessary abortion, I'm sure a good chunk of pro-lifers are not against that) or at least cut funding on institutions that provide it as a service while either cutting military spending or increasing taxes to improve social services, I can personally see a lot of pro-lifers being able to get behind that.

4) This is just stupid. Conservatives aren't the only ones who eat meat.

5) A period/ejaculate is not conception. A lot of pro-lifers are against the death penalty. Again, disingenuous.

6) The homosexual debate is another thing entirely. And yes, there are pedo's in the world. And many enter priesthood and use this opportunity to do their sick shit. But come on, that's pretty damn disingenuous don't you think? Not every person has good intentions regardless of being a priest or not.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 01:22 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

yeah, because breeding the next generation, no matter the condition, is preferable to making sure that the babies are safe and healthy. Of course.

That's not what he said.

Also, I have no issue on PP being de-incentivized (via gov funding) so that they would abandon abortion.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Apr 5th, 2018 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 01:27 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How much did your parents take to Not Abort You Nephy?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 06:17 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote