KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Halo vs Star Wars

Halo vs Star Wars
Started by: AgentJay04

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AgentJay04

Halo vs Star Wars

Let's say a wormhole across galaxies is opened up. The Covenant Navy, a Sangheili fleet, an Insurrectionist fleet, and the UNSC Navy are sucked in. A 100,000 years earlier, the Human Empire and the Ecumene Navies are also brought in. A Flood infected fleet also is sucked in. They land in the Star Wars Galaxy, where a time distortion has brought in factions from all over time. The Rakata, Jedi, Old Republic, Galactic Empire, Darth Krayt's Empire, the Sith, Rebel Alliance, Galactic Alliance, Yuuzhan Vong, Mandalorians, bounty hunters, smugglers, and the Confederacy. The Empire includes post civil war factions like the Remnant, Thrawn's Confederation, and the Fel Dynasty. The Sith include sith empires and orders. As the civil war rages on, the UNSC, and Sangheili are transported to the same place as the Human Empire. The Ecumene, Insurrectionists, and Covenant are at one place. The Flood is transported to an isolated Unknown Region zone. The Humans, and Sangheili decided to help the Old Republic, Jedi, New Republic, Smugglers, Galactic and Rebel Alliances. The Covenant, Insurrectionists and Ecumene join the Dark side forces. The Flood is found by the Yuuzhan Vong and tamed by their bioengineering. But a Halo Ring has teleported into the Galaxy, and all three factions vie for it. Who will win? I'm gonna say Dark side. First of all, there are many feared Forerunner, Covenant, and Imperial admirals. Plus the Sith are on their side. They easily outnumber all others, and their technology can outclass the others.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 02:44 AM
AgentJay04 is currently offline Click here to Send AgentJay04 a Private Message Find more posts by AgentJay04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

A decently sized Imperial Fleet could solo both the UNSC and the Covenant combined, maybe the Flood too, barring their Silentium versions anyhow

Unless you have ****ers like the Forerunners and Precursors and whatnot, yeah, most races in SW can solo Halo bruhz

Old Post May 21st, 2015 03:09 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Flood ain't losing to Star Wars.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:57 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AgentJay04

The UNSC and Covenant each probably have hundreds of millions of soldiers. but they're on different sides. The Galactic Empire had a few billion soldiers. And considering that trillions of battle droids of all kinds were made in the Clone Wars. The Galactic Empire also created many superweapons, and they had many veteran admirals and generals from the Republic. The Covenant fleet is also pretty decent, as seeing how a single corvette wreaked havoc at Sword Base on Reach. The covenant corvettes are as big as a UNSC light cruiser. And the forerunners are pretty good, they're keyship was huge fitting right into High Charity's center. But the Flood are not your average Walking Dead Zombies. As seen in Halo 4, the Flood have the power to control other ships. Combat forms can carry weapons. But Infinity can probably beat up an Imperial fleet. It carriers 10 frigates. So yeah, i'd also say each side has its pros and cons. The Light have the Jedi, the Dark have superior numbers and tech. And the Flood have the backing of the Yuuzhan Vong who killed 345 million people.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 01:25 AM
AgentJay04 is currently offline Click here to Send AgentJay04 a Private Message Find more posts by AgentJay04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MVC-Solos

Halo has galaxy level tech. They should win here.

"I jerk off to comic books"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 04:54 PM
MVC-Solos is currently offline Click here to Send MVC-Solos a Private Message Find more posts by MVC-Solos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

As much as I like SW, I have to give it to the UNSC. Due to the SPARTAN program. The Empire, Vong all the others do not field soldiers like the SPARTANs.

*An MA5 Assault Rifle fires a 7.62 full metal jacket explosive tipped round. Would easily shred stormtrooper armor. MJOLNIR Armor with shields would deflect all blaster fire.

Against Force users, different matter . . . unless they [Empire] fought Blue Team (Kelly-087, Fred-104 & John-117).

"Our duty as soldiers is to protect humanity . . . whatever the cost"

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 11:02 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziku

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
[B]As much as I like SW, I have to give it to the UNSC. Due to the SPARTAN program. The Empire, Vong all the others do not field soldiers like the SPARTANs.
There are many reasons why Halo would beat Star Wars. I don't think the UNSC is one of them. And the SPARTAN programs won't do an awful lot in the long-run, IMO.

quote:
*An MA5 Assault Rifle fires a 7.62 full metal jacket explosive tipped round. Would easily shred stormtrooper armor.
None of the Assault Rifles use explosive rounds, as far as I know. That being said, yeah, Stormtrooper armor wouldn't work well against UNSC ballistics.

quote:
MJOLNIR Armor with shields would deflect all blaster fire.
I'd have to disagree on this one. A sufficient amount of blaster fire will drain their shielding and, ultimately, kill them.

quote:
Against Force users, different matter . . . unless they [Empire] fought Blue Team (Kelly-087, Fred-104 & John-117).
While most Force users would get their skulls caved in by a single punch from a Spartan, I think some of the higher-level Force users would crush any Spartan. Think guys such as Reborn Sidious, Grandmaster Luke, et cetera.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2015 02:12 AM
Ziku is currently offline Click here to Send Ziku a Private Message Find more posts by Ziku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Halo, post Halo 4 the UNSC Ships are better than anything the Empire has to offer.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2015 05:32 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziku

Originally posted by RadZoa
Halo, post Halo 4 the UNSC Ships are better than anything the Empire has to offer.
Perhaps. The problem, though, is that the Empire is in possession of a million systems and has 25,000 Star Destroyers. Post-War UNSC ships may have quality (It pretty much depends on which calculations in use.), but the Empire is bringing in far more assets. The Stormtrooper Corps alone is packing trillions. I doubt the UNSC's population is even close to that after having many of their worlds glassed.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2015 07:55 PM
Ziku is currently offline Click here to Send Ziku a Private Message Find more posts by Ziku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
As much as I like SW, I have to give it to the UNSC. Due to the SPARTAN program. The Empire, Vong all the others do not field soldiers like the SPARTANs.

*An MA5 Assault Rifle fires a 7.62 full metal jacket explosive tipped round. Would easily shred stormtrooper armor. MJOLNIR Armor with shields would deflect all blaster fire.

"Our duty as soldiers is to protect humanity . . . whatever the cost"

So some barely Captain America tier beings are going to matter against shit like orbital bombardment and planet busting lasers, mass production of ISD-II's and overwhelmingly superior logistical ability?

Mkay

As for force users, most decently powerful ones (ie Vader) would be enough to manhandle Spartans

EDIT: What puts Halo ships above Star Wars ships? Halo 3 and before Star Wars stomped the yard in terms of firepower/shield durability

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 12:03 PM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I think Spartans would be >> Captain America. I mean their armor alone is supposed to weigh half a ton, and they're able to run at 15mph or something in that armor so they have to be at least Class 2 in terms of strength, probably stronger (note that I don't count them flipping tanks as that seems more like a game mechanic--if it counted though they'd be Class 50 or so)

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 02:02 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziku

Originally posted by StealthRanger
So some barely Captain America tier beings
Bruh, what? A Spartan would wipe his/her ass with Rogers. Especially since the Halo 5 opening cinematic shows Locke flipping a damned Wraith tank with a ground-pound.

quote:
What puts Halo ships above Star Wars ships? Halo 3 and before Star Wars stomped the yard in terms of firepower/shield durability
It only stomps the yard with Covenant and UNSC ships if you're carrying an agenda, because, much like Covenant and UNSC ships, Star Wars ship firepower/durability is an inconsistent mess.

Wouldn't matter against Forerunner ships, either way.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 06:41 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No one wins. One of the factions reaches the Halo and activates it.

Spartans mean shit here. Actually... most of the Halo factions mean nothing here. Their technology doesn't have the power behind it that the magical Star Wars tech does. Nor the sheer numbers that an entire civilization's worth of beings brings. 25,000+ years of population for the Old Republic alone? They'd overwhelm everyone.

Halo tech doesn't have the shields, firepower, speed, or numbers that SW does. Halo is science fiction, SW is science fantasy. Their technology is essentially magic. And sometimes they use actual magic.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 03:25 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziku

Originally posted by Lord Lucien No one wins. One of the factions reaches the Halo and activates it.
Not at all. Considering that the Forerunners are faster than anyone here. Normally, it would be the Flood, but the OP hilariously nerfed them.

quote:
Actually... most of the Halo factions mean nothing here.
Funny, because I wouldn't consider the UNSC and the Covenant to be "most of the Halo factions."

quote:
Their technology doesn't have the power behind it that the magical Star Wars tech does.
That's strange, because I don't recall Star Wars ships having consistent petaton-level firepower. Nor superweapons that destroy any-and-all sentient life for tens-to-hundreds-of-thousands of lightyears.

quote:
Nor the sheer numbers that an entire civilization's worth of beings brings. 25,000+ years of population for the Old Republic alone? They'd overwhelm everyone.
Definitely not a good argument, but I'll entertain it. The Forerunner Ecumene has been around for at least 1 million years.

quote:
Halo tech doesn't have the shields, firepower, speed, or numbers that SW does. Halo is science fiction, SW is science fantasy. Their technology is essentially magic. And sometimes they use actual magic.
And the rest here is just nonsense that I feel no need to entertain.

Last edited by Ziku on Sep 25th, 2015 at 06:54 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2015 06:43 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Ziku
Not at all. Considering that the Forerunners are faster than anyone here. Normally, it would be the Flood, but the OP hilariously nerfed them.
Faster as in interstellar travel, or faster as in sublight, ship-to-ship fighting? The former I think is true, they essentially teleport around the galaxy. But once their warships and armadas are in place, what's their subliminal speed? Can they quickly outmaneuver capital ships and snubfighters?

As far as I've ever seen, the weapons and shields of the Halo universe don't seem as marvelously overpowered as Star Wars'.

Funny, because I wouldn't consider the UNSC and the Covenant to be "most of the Halo factions."
I didn't say they were.

That's strange, because I don't recall Star Wars ships having consistent petaton-level firepower. Nor superweapons that destroy any-and-all sentient life for tens-to-hundreds-of-thousands of lightyears.
Well the Shawken Device "allegedly" had the potential to destroy the entire Universe. And then there's the Bedlam Spirits. They're not part of the OP's faction roster, but apparently literal gods are just a thing in that universe.

And by "consistent petaton-level firepower", what are you referring to? I know of the NOVA Bomb, a nuclear bomb superweapon used to destroy planets (something Star Wars has never had any shortage of). But just like the Sun Crusher or the Death Star, these aren't the guns on the sides or mounts of battleships or cruisers. What's the power output of the typical weapons system of a Halo ship (any faction)? I can't find anything (via Google at least) that lists specific outputs for Halo weapons. I know the UNSC MAC cannon on the orbital platforms yield a shot equivalent to 51.6 gigatons of TNT. Single shots obliterate Covenant battlecruisers.

The output of a single shot from a turbolaser on an Acclamator Star Destroyer is 200 gigatons. One shot. From a troop carrier. Imagine what the shields of the capital ships can take?

Iunno, maybe I've missed something from newer Halo material that I haven't seen. Do you have any links to the power outputs of Halo weapons and shields?

Definitely not a good argument, but I'll entertain it. The Forerunner Ecumene has been around for at least 1 million years.
Oh, well then, fair enough.

And the rest here is just nonsense that I feel no need to entertain.
Okay... there's no need to be snide.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Sep 26th, 2015 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 12:21 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziku

Originally posted by Lord Lucien Faster as in interstellar travel, or faster as in sublight, ship-to-ship fighting? The former I think is true, they essentially teleport around the galaxy. But once their warships and armadas are in place, what's their subliminal speed? Can they quickly outmaneuver capital ships and snubfighters?
I'd say the Forerunners have it in both departments. We do, after all, read in the Halo 3 terminals that Offensive Bias accelerated his ships to the point that it crushed the crews into liquescence. At a low-end, that would easily 10,000 gees of acceleration.

quote:
Well the Shawken Device "allegedly" had the potential to destroy the entire Universe.
The Shawken Device would not have worked.

Star Wars Omnibus
Page 47

quote:
And the explosion of its fiery core, travelling though hyperspace at sublight speeds.

There's no conceivable way that planetary fragments going at sublight speeds could destroy a universe. This is further supported in the comic where they even say that the device was never even tested.

quote:
And then there's the Bedlam Spirits[/URL]. They're not part of the OP's faction roster, but apparently literal gods are just a thing in that universe.
While impressive in its own right, we know very little of what the Bedlam Spirits are capable of. The most impressive feats I can recall are sending people back in time, matter manipulation, and being capable of reviving the dead.

quote:
And by "consistent petaton-level firepower", what are you referring to? I know of the Nova Bomb, a nuclear bomb superweapon used to destroy planets (something Star Wars has never had. But just like the Sun Crusher or the Death Star, these aren't the guns on the sides or mounts of battleships or cruisers. What's the power output of the typical weapons system of a Halo ship (any faction)? I can't find anything (via Google at least) that lists specific outputs for Halo weapons. I know the UNSC MAC cannon on the orbital platforms yield a shot equivalent to 51.6 gigatons of TNT. Single shots obliterate Covenant battlecruisers.

The output of a single shot from a turbolaser on an Acclamator Star Destroyer is 200 gigatons. One shot. From a troop carrier. Imagine what the shields of the capital ships can take?
This is probably the most frustrating part of SW Vs. Halo debates. I say that because, SW and UNSC/Covenant firepower is not very consistent. For example, we have 200 GT shots from the Acclamator in the AotC ICS, but then in the Death Star novel, they say that they needed the Death Star because none of their ships were capable of leveling a city.

For the UNSC, we have 64 KT for a Frigate MAC and 51.6 GT for a SMAC. But then you see the Halo Encyclopedia and it says that a Frigate MAC can dish out 1.17 TT while a SMAC can dish out 9.98 TT.

But I digress. In Halo Escalation, we see a Halo fragment survive (at a low-end) an impact that was roughly 1 PT. And in Halo Cryptum, Forerunner ships were capable of destroying chunks of larger Halos. And then, once again, in Escalation, they reveal glassing cannons that were stated to be able to melt continents. This managed to poke holes into the UNSC Infinity. Then you have Halo 4, where Mantle's Approach was going to cause just as much, if not more damage to Infinity with merely its quaternary armament.

quote:
Iunno, maybe I've missed something from newer Halo material that I haven't seen. Do you have any links to the power outputs of Halo weapons and shields?
I don't really have links since a lot of it comes from books. Though I could point you towards a respect thread (which, if I'm going to be honest, I don't really care for) that gives you a decent picture of what the Forerunners can do.

quote:
Okay... there's no need to be snide.
My apologies. I had no intention of sounding like that. In fact, I tried editing my post last night because I realized how insulting it sounded, but I guess you can't edit posts after 15 minutes.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 02:22 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Lord Lucien does raise valid points. Both sides would be hell bent on killing each other . . . but LL, neither side would be willing to fire the HALO rings. Not only would the rings wipe out the UNSC, it would destroy the Empire and that includes the Emperor and Vader. Palpatine and Vader despite their power in the Force, would not be willing to kill themselves just to win a war.

I have to disagree with LL on the SPARTAN program. If you are just considering the SPARTAN III & IV programs, of course those are a failure. But the SPARTAN IIs were a different breed. They were/are considered "Perfect Soldiers & Hyper Lethal." Stormtroopers are pretty dumb fighters where SPARTAN II were selected for their physical strength and intelligence. I could give other facts about their abilities, but will not.

As for the record, I never said they could defeat a Force user with the power like Vader or Palpatine.

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 9th, 2015 10:50 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Star Wars>Halo

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 06:56 PM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

The Flood kill everyone. I'm still not 100% sure how Earth didn't get completely taken over when some flood landed on it

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 01:10 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Flood kill everyone. I'm still not 100% sure how Earth didn't get completely taken over when some flood landed on it
The elites glassed the infected base/city as well as the surrounding area to be on the safe side.

The "surrounding area" being half of Africa, lol.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 27th, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 10:48 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote