KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Dark City

Dark City
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Dark City

I serached for a thread on this but couldnt find one so.........

What do you guys think about this film?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 01:01 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I was actually just watching this last night. stick out tongue

It's a good movie, very interesting.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 07:57 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
virus five
Social Disease

Phenomenal work.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 05:48 PM
virus five is currently offline Click here to Send virus five a Private Message Find more posts by virus five Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Keifer is a player. Reminds me a bit of the Matrix.

Great film though, fantastic.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 09:16 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I want to find whoever put in the opening text and say, "way to give away the entire story in the first five seconds, jackass." But I liked it otherwise.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 01:11 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

I liked this movie thought it was great ..Keifer's voice bugged me for a bit but then I got over it..

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 12:34 AM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

If it had a larger budget I think it would have been better, the story was good and the acting also, but some of the effects were limited and looked sh@t

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:16 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

I love the actors in this film, but the movie itself seemed so bad I just saw the first 10 minutes and I turned to movie off... haven't seen it since, and frankly I'm not planning on seeing it. erm

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 06:15 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

very dark and depressing movie...loved it

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 09:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ReallyBad
ReallyCool

Dark City is by far the best "Alternate Reality" movie. Makes Matrix look like an expensive immitation. Others in this Genre are Thirteenth Floor and eXistenZ - both are also very good.

Not bagging Matrix btw, it is still in my top ten, but Dark City is higher than it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 09:00 AM
ReallyBad is currently offline Click here to Send ReallyBad a Private Message Find more posts by ReallyBad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agree with Existenz, love that Cronenberg film! And Dark City is one to watch, rather enjoyed it. Still yet to see Thirteenth Floor though, it's on my to see list.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 03:33 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Off Topic ----

MildP is your avatar from Eyes Without A Face?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 11:51 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is indeed smile

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:02 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

I liked this movie, very dark and gritty. Kinda freaked u out a bit in some places especially Keifer's character pretty weird. wacko

Yet another Dark and somewhat twisted story from director Alex Proyas (The Crow) that I enjoyed.

Memorable quote "He has the power to tune"

Anyone know what the hell happened to Rufus Sewell. He was the main actor in this movie. I thought he did a great job as Murdoch in this movie but haven't seen him in anyone thing notable since? confused

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 10:12 PM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has been doing quite a bit of television work here in the UK, on the mainstream channels. Also was in the Zorro sequel.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 11:44 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Has anyone seen the Directors Cut for this? I've owned the regular dvd for years, but am curious if the DC really adds all that much..

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 08:59 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Personally it's a movie that lingers more in my memory then Matrix did.

On a separate note, friends of mine who worked in leather actually designed & made that leather medicine bag that was Keifer's prop.
They made about 7 versions before Proyas chose one he liked the most. They made a little fortune making all those props. They also did costumes for the Matrix too.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2011 06:20 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starfire7

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eis
I love the actors in this film, but the movie itself seemed so bad I just saw the first 10 minutes and I turned to movie off... haven't seen it since, and frankly I'm not planning on seeing it. erm

I seem to recall that I felt the same way watching the first 10 minutes (didn't like it) but I continued to watch it. I thought it an excellent film by the end of it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2012 08:32 PM
Starfire7 is currently offline Click here to Send Starfire7 a Private Message Find more posts by Starfire7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by Solo
Keifer is a player. Reminds me a bit of the Matrix.

Great film though, fantastic.

Dark City and the matrix where filmed in the same lot, side by side each other, rumour has it that the directors shared notes.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2012 07:33 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I'll reiterate..

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Has anyone seen the Directors Cut for this? I've owned the regular dvd for years, but am curious if the DC really adds all that much..

anybody?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:39 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote