KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Question to the first Movie. Please take a look!!!

Question to the first Movie. Please take a look!!!
Started by: Excalibur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Excalibur

Question to the first Movie. Please take a look!!!

itīs a little late, i know. but in the first movie, just before heīs gonna be unplugged, neo touches this mirror-like thing and got this cold thing all over himself. Whatīs the meaning of this sequence? what if he hadnīt touch this "mirror"? Please help me!!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:00 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

i mean, i dont want you just to take a look, i want you to answer my question!!!!!!

Last edited by Excalibur on Jun 11th, 2003 at 10:55 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:52 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

I don't think it has any real significance. With that trace program that he sallowed, Morpheus did say that things would be a little different. Just accept it as is: there is no hidden meaning to this.

If he hadn't touched the mirror, he probably would have been unplugged all the same. I think it was added just for special effects

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 08:49 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

This is his mind awakening to the possibility of the Real. His mind is realising that this world is not real, objects can be altered and what is seemingly reality can be bent. It is also PART of the trace program smile

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 10:28 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

like bending a spoon.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 06:07 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The pill Morpheus gave Neo dissrupted his imput/output carrier signals...........which means the signal being sent from the Matrix to Neo which tells him how he's percieving the world is disrupted.......that's why Cypher tells Neo "cause Kansas is going bye bye"............

no significance......except that ofcourse by disrupting his imput/output carrier signal they could trace where he was in the real world........they just looked for the pod with the signals disrupted.............when the machines were not getting any signals back from Thomas Anderson's body (because it was disrupted) they assumed he was dead and was no longer producing signals.........this is why all of his plugs detatched and he was flushed out of his pod as waste.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 01:17 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The machines let him and everyone else who gets unplugged go because its all part of the game smile Not because they think they are dead. It's all just another level of control big grin

As you say, the pill is for Morpheus etc to track him down but not for making the machines think he is dead. The machine looks at him directly, I think they would know if he was dead or not.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 05:57 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite13
Your Mama's Sancho

Sifer, I see your point and think it is completely plausible that the machines let Neo and others who awake go as part of the game. I do not see why they would want to add to the amount of enemies they have against them. However, if the Neb did not go to get Neo he would have drowned in the sewer, the computers now that the muscles of the humans would not work and ultimately they would die. Why have the mess around the pods, when they will just drowned in the sewer?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 10:49 PM
Elite13 is currently offline Click here to Send Elite13 a Private Message Find more posts by Elite13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

hmmm.........could be Sifer..........but why in the Animatrix episode "world record" do they not let him go?

Neo's output signals were disrupted basically blocked and he was flushed into the sewer system................the guy in "world record"'s signal wasn't blocked......they knew he was still alive and they fought to get him back/keep him in the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 02:09 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosh

I'm not sure what the liquid mirror does exactly but it fits with the Alice in Wonderland parralels - Neo goes through the looking glass

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 03:09 PM
Moosh is currently offline Click here to Send Moosh a Private Message Find more posts by Moosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

To me, it seems that World Record is in a future Matrix or previous version of the matrix...the agents are different, the way his body is strapped into the Matrix is also very different...this could be a hint to the future of the Matrix.

But I also have to note that World Record was not written by Andy or Larry so the possibility of it not meaning much is there.

Gonna go watch em again.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 03:32 PM
Caliden

what happens ifthe machine that unplugged Neo from his pod belonged to morpheus and his crew and was controlled via remote when unpluggingpeople from the matrix

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega" - Agent Smith- enter the matrix

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 02:03 PM
Caliden is currently offline Click here to Send Caliden a Private Message Find more posts by Caliden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote