KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Martial arts movies......

Martial arts movies......
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Martial arts movies......

anyone else here as big a martial arts movie fan as I am? I like when they are poorly written and poorly made. the cornier the better.
Twin warriors with Jet Li
Revenge of the ninja with Sho Kosugi

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:28 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I only really liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because you got to know the characters more. Lots of great fighting, quality camera work and a very good cast of people. I hope they make another quality Kung Fu flick, I'd definately go see it.

I feel like if the movie is too cheesy I cant find myself getting too involved unless they overdose on the special effects, then Im there lol

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 09:28 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

Jakie chan makes the best Martial arts films, the ones from his old days in china are so great. I wish i wsas asbrave as him.
Anyoe seen the Ploice storys, only seen the first one andi loved it

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 11:13 AM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Pretty much every Jackie Chan movie! Good or bad! The martial arts makes it worth seeing big grin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 12:12 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Hero (very good and epic) and Cradle 2 the grave (cheesy) were awesome. All Bruce Lee movies were awesome too. He da master when it comes to Martial Arts.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 12:40 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i like jet li but he always uses damn wires which takes away from his martial arts i believe, some of his older films are great and kiss of the dragon was great, and excluding the gran daddy of martial arts (bruce lee) jackie chan has the most entertaining martial arts movies and yeah police story was great police story2 was god but not as good as the first i loved supercop and operation condor, if anyone can find the movie called Jingrak the wushu lord, Its spectacular they use 12 different wushu masters in the filming of that movie, every action in that movie is an actuall wushu techinique, and if you know what wushu is you know its some crazy shit

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 01:37 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluegrass

Rogue Jedi- Revenge of the Ninja is awesome. I love that movie. Haven't seen it in about 15 years or so, but I remember loving it. I remember when I was a kid they used to have Kung Fu theatre every Sunday on cable. Some of those movies were truly, the cheesiest most hilarious kung fu movies ever made. There was one called-"The flying guillotines" where a certain team of martial artists had created a weapon attached to a rope that you could throw like a hoop around someones head, and then when you pulled the rope it would chop off their heads like a guillotine. You can only imagine the cheesiness of this one. It was great. Has anyone ever seen that ?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 05:01 PM
bluegrass is currently offline Click here to Send bluegrass a Private Message Find more posts by bluegrass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, revenge of the ninja is the greatest chop sockie movie i have ever seen. the final battle on the rooftop is classic. i also liked iron monkey, it was way over the top. twin warriors with jet li comes in at a close 2nd. the mortal combat movies are good. try the hunted with christopher lambert and john lone.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 05:14 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fu'Seth
master Jedi

all jet li , jackie chan + bruce lee kung fu movies are great! although i did find crouchin tiger hiddin dragon was a bit too much! fair enough the may be able to jump high but being able to fly dont appeal to me!!! (although none of them characters pld in it)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:08 AM
Fu'Seth is currently offline Click here to Send Fu'Seth a Private Message Find more posts by Fu'Seth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
insincerus

I like the martial arts movies, but they have to have believable choreography. I teach martial arts and when see things which are completely un achievable I loose the thread of the film. Jet Li is probably one of the best modern day martial arts actors, but for the comedy element it has to be jackie Chan.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 01:14 PM
insincerus is currently offline Click here to Send insincerus a Private Message Find more posts by insincerus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Has anyone seen "Who am I"? That is so STUPID it makes me laugh. laughing out loud

What is this I don't even

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 04:52 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

My sister thought Romeo must die was good.

I liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 02:32 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

Legend of Drunken Boxer - Jackie Chan
SuperCop - Jackie Chan/Michael Yo
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Michael Yo/Chow Yung Fat(sp)
Kiss of the Dragon - Jet Lee
The One - Jet Lee

those are like my favs, but i havent seen alot

God is only a false hope

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 02:36 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gutwrencher
Film God:Level 3

Its a damn shame I couldnt post a link to this....guess I'm not experienced enough yet. check out Master of the Flying Guillotine.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:15 AM
gutwrencher is currently offline Click here to Send gutwrencher a Private Message Find more posts by gutwrencher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

i felt "the one" was pathetic! lol
Rush Hour 1-2 lmao so funny.....

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:32 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

My Top Ten. big grin

1.Super Ninjas
2.The Five Deadly Venoms
3.Return of Five Deadly Venoms
4.Shaolin Master Killer AKA THE THIRTY SIXTH CHAMBER!!!! (Yeah Boyee!!)
5.Return To the 36th Chamber
6.The Whole Wu Tang Clan Series.
7.The buddhist Fist
8.The Five Fighters From Shaolin
9.The Invincible Pole Fighter/The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter
10.Master of the Flying Guillotine.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:53 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'm starting my little foray into modern Martial Arts cinema. I recently saw "Once Upon a Time in China", which I actually didn't too much care for. This afternoon I saw "Iron Monkey", which I thought was fabulous, especially Donnie Yen's over all perfomance. I've got "CT, HD" to watch tomorrow.

Anyone have any thoughts on "Black Mask", or any of Jet Li's other U.S. flicks? Recommendations are always welcome.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 08:07 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you should for the most part stay away from jet li's american flicks except for kiss of the dragon which is a fantastic example of what jet li can do when he decides to take a role that is the slightest bit serious, and doesnt require wire work, because lets face it if there is one person who can over do wire work to death. It is jet li. The one is also very entertaining movie for what it is. As for black mask. I found it more than tolerable, but less than memorable. Here's a friendly warning thoug Stay away from all other american jet li movies aside from the ones mentioned. However i would strongly recommend his asian films like shoalin temple which is pure martial arts madness, or his legend movies. These films show off his true skill

Other great martial art movies include , fist of legend, The prodigal son, Blade of fury, Shaolin challenges ninja, and the Shaolin master killer. These are of the greatest martial art movies in the genre. Of course there are some more out there,but these cannor be questioned as amazingly stunning in pure martial arts

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 10:14 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRO-PAIN
PAIN...PRO-PAIN

It's cool to see someone else mention Revenge Of The Ninja...
I love all the Sho Kosugi movies, I grew up watching them as a kid..
Enter The Ninja is my favorite Sho Kosugi movie though..I wish they would release it on dvd...

I'm also a big fan of Bruce Lee's movies, he was always such the profesional..he also trained with dan Insonato a huge figure in the Filipino martial arts world..

I studided Balintiwak myself along with Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, and Judo..

MY DVD COLLECTION UPDATED 4/24/05

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 10:39 AM
PRO-PAIN is currently offline Click here to Send PRO-PAIN a Private Message Find more posts by PRO-PAIN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Question for PRO-PAIN: Did you come up with your User ID after the band or was it something creative on your own? I'm a pretty decent fan of Pro-Pain.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 01:11 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote