KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SECOND new Star Wars trilogy announced.

SECOND new Star Wars trilogy announced.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

SECOND new Star Wars trilogy announced.

Today it has been revealed that producers of HBO's Game of Thrones, Weiss and Benioff, will be writing and producing their own Star Wars Trilogy. This trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker saga and Rian Johnson's own trilogy.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm president. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

quote:
“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:10 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fantastic news. Two trilogies and loving game of thrones its in great hands. Let's hope they properly execute this. Very exciting times for Star Wars fans.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:15 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Honestly Disney should just take over the world now and spare us all the wait.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

First they need to fire kathleen Kennedy.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never watched GoT, but based on its hype I'd expect these two to produce something of quality.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

GoT is good because of GRRM, not these guys. Once they began to stray away from the books, the quality of the show has greatly waned though it is still enjoyable.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:49 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
GoT is good because of GRRM, not these guys. Once they began to stray away from the books, the quality of the show has greatly waned though it is still enjoyable.

Not true. There have been some shining moments in terms of book deviations. Arya and Tywin, Talisa Stark, and Battle of the Bastards. + They will at least finish the series, whereas we may not even get TWOW, let alone ADOS.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Hopefully this second trilogy will tell the story of a new jedi order(or whatever replaces them) rather than retell the OT a third time

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Has to be TOR related with these guys methinks.

Though surprised they are trusting them with a film series and not a tv series.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 09:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Indeed, I would rather a Tv-series like GoT

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 10:10 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I doubt Star Wars is going to have the same staying power as Marvel, at the rate Lucasfilm is going. Kathleen Kennedy better hope Solo and IX are well-received by the fans, lol.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:49 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I know Disney is trying to recoup the $4 billion they spent to acquire the SW franchise, but good god.

Unless the next few films knock it out of the park, I'm concerned that Disney is going to turn fans off on the franchise all together. Quality over quantity, please.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

So to sum up as far as SW concerned is concerned we’ll have:
1) Star Wars IX
2) This brand new trilogy
3) Netflix Tv-series
4) Solo and another spin-off
Am I right?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Honestly probably better than a billion shitty books.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Saturating the market is a great way to make these dime a dozen movies worth something.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:36 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I like this idea provided they give Rian Johnson the boot and just give full helm to the next and only trilogy in the immediate future to the Game of Thrones writers. Mr. Johnson has no bsuiness anywhere near a major entry in the SW series. Perhaps his talents would be better suited to directing a one-shot movie. Oh I know! How about "Hutt: Jabba's Rise to Power."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Should I expect some incest between brothers?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I doubt Star Wars is going to have the same staying power as Marvel, at the rate Lucasfilm is going. Kathleen Kennedy better hope Solo and IX are well-received by the fans, lol.

Lemmeguess, in Solo, Han Solo is incompetent and cocky and has to be rescued by a strong female character 5 times throughout the film.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I like this idea provided they give Rian Johnson the boot and just give full helm to the next and only trilogy in the immediate future to the Game of Thrones writers. Mr. Johnson has no bsuiness anywhere near a major entry in the SW series. Perhaps his talents would be better suited to directing a one-shot movie. Oh I know! How about "Hutt: Jabba's Rise to Power."

Funny thats how I fell about JJ.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Funny thats how I fell about JJ.
Truth be told, I feel that way about them both. wink

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote