KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » New Star Wars trilogy announced by GOT team

New Star Wars trilogy announced by GOT team
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

New Star Wars trilogy announced by GOT team

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films for Lucasfilm.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-mo...ones-producers/

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

These guys are trash writers without GRRM holding their hand. I don't have high hopes for this.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:59 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Another writer from that show that turned out garbage was Alan Taylor,

was expecting good things from him when he was hired for Thor 2 and Terminator: Genisys...but nope.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

LucasFilm could hire literally anybody in the world to do Star Wars and they choose these guys. I mean that's fine...

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:03 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't wait for the fart jokes.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:48 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Another writer from that show that turned out garbage was Alan Taylor,

was expecting good things from him when he was hired for Thor 2 and Terminator: Genisys...but nope.
To be fair, Alan Taylor was just a director not a writer. On television shows directors are generally disposable

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:02 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So long the trilogy isn't being directed by Johnson i shall have hopes for this upcoming Trilogy.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:18 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm looking forward to whatever this turns out to be...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Arachnid1
These guys are trash writers without GRRM holding their hand. I don't have high hopes for this.

Thank you! I told my buddy this all the time, especially after finishing watching season 7 of GOT. These guys are ****ing hacks with Martin holding there hands.

The execution of season 7 was so shitty that anyone with a brain could write each episodes over and do a far better job.

They should honestly just take the guys that did the seconds short on Cartoon Network.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:42 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I am extremely excited and hopeful. These guys aren't directing the films so relax. Rian Johnson and this announcement has me once again right that Disney Star Wars future has never been exciting.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I wouldn't go that far. But, yeah, they aren't that great.

Anyway, I'm not getting excited until they announce what the films are. I'm just hoping that between this and Johnson's Trilogy, we get one set during the Old Republic.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:07 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd like to see Kathleen Kennedy go after directors like Guillermo Del Toro, or Jordan Peele, or David Lynch or Taika Waititi or maybe even Christopher Nolan

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:09 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834

Anyway, I'm not getting excited until they announce what the films are. I'm just hoping that between this and Johnson's Trilogy, we get one set during the Old Republic.
I feel like Rian Johnson is doing the Old Republic. I recall that he expressed his admiration for kotor at one point

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:11 AM
Mindset

Surprised GRRM didn't sign up to help them so he could delay his books some more.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:14 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I do believe old republic will eventually be done I just hope it's sooner rather than later. I refuse to let go of my hopes to see Darth Bane institute the rule of the two.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:27 AM
ares834

Bane could be cool if done right, but he needs to be the villain and not the protagonist.

Originally posted by Mindset
Surprised GRRM didn't sign up to help them so he could delay his books some more.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Firefly218
https://nerdist.com/rian-johnson-st...e-old-republic/

**** nevermind

Well I'd prefer they do new stories as well rather than an adaptation of KotOR. Just have it set during a similar era.

Last edited by ares834 on Feb 7th, 2018 at 04:42 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:39 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

sad to say, but yeah. then again, they had a lot of challenges turning a 6+ book epic into a chopped up series. maybe they'd do well with a clean slate. we'll see, i guess. not optimistic, tho.

however it makes me wish we could see a trilogy written by grrm. not that he'd ever do it, but still.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:40 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset

Ha, nice

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:43 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bane could be cool if done right, but he needs to be the villain and not the protagonist.

laughing out loud

Well I'd prefer they do new stories as well rather than an adaptation of KotOR. Just have it set during a similar era.
I agree he needs to be the villain. I am not that familiar with the game as I played it for two minutes and put it down never to play it again. If I had my choice set it in the same era and tell a different story but I'd be fine with Kotor since I never played through and only know what kind of info I've picked up from some threads in the eu section.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:43 AM