KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

quote:
PLOT:
Set on New Year's Eve 1899 in Victorian London,[6] the focus of the story will be Oswald Mandus, a wealthy industrialist, and his relationship with his children.[7] Mandus returns from a "disastrous" expedition to Mexico, where tragedy struck. Hit by fever, Mandus has frequent dreams about a dark machine until he regains consciousness. Little does he know that months have passed, and upon awakening, he hears the roar of an engine and a mysterious machine starts up.[4] The game will feature several real interlocking storylines. Some take place in the past, some in the present, and some are overtly real while some may be imagined.[8]

Gameplay will be similar to the first with a small differences for freshness. There will be larger environments for evasion and outdoor areas will be included. AI has also been updated to be less predictable than the first.

Jessica Curry is the new composer for the game. She's know for her work in Dear Esther. Below is one of her pieces for AMFP.
https://soundcloud.com/thechineseroom/mors-praematura

There are a fewscreenshots on this page.

The release date is Q3 2013, but it's been delayed from 2012 so that can always change.

I'm a massive fan of The Dark Descent. I think it's one of the best horror games I've ever played. It's terrifying. It had a free expansion, and it also has a level editor for fans to make their own custom stories (and some of the custom stories are as deep and well made as the original story). It's an outstanding game, and I'm hyped for the possibilities of a second one.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2013 05:42 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So, this comes out in two days. Is anyone else hyped for it?

PWNT

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 01:25 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

If anyone cares, the full Amnesia collection is free on Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/amnesia-collection

The first is one of the best and scariest horror games ever made. The second is a massive let down but this bundle is more than worth it for the first alone.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 11:05 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Ended up doing it even tho i already owned the first one.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Ended up doing it even tho i already owned the first one.
Yeah same here. I have an old disk copy so it's nice having it on Steam now

PWNT

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:32 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Noticed that they updated the first one gave it a better menu etc, Hadn't played it since it was first released.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 01:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote