KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Will a third party ever be viable in the states?

Will a third party ever be viable in the states?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Will a third party ever be viable in the states?

Everyone complains about the two party system. Everyone claims they're out if touch with common interests. The base of both parties basically claim they hate their own party, and only vote for the lesser of two evils.

What will it take to get a third party going, then? The masses outnumber these goofs in power, yet we keep voting them in?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:18 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

If a political party gets 5% of the national vote they receive 9.5 million in funding from the government, or something along those lines.

So to answer the question, definitely, although not anytime soon.

I'm looking at you millenials and generation z.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:04 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

*waits for the "I'm a libertarian" snobbish asshats to show up*

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:17 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not until more people realize both parties are bad for the country. We're a long way from that. Far too many people on either side suffer from one of two delusions:

-They think their party is perfect
-They don't think their party is perfect, but think it vastly superior to the opposition

Until those delusions are set aside we're stuck with this.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:23 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101

Haha look at this guy bagging on third parties in a conversation about bringing more choice. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:28 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think the 2016 election was probably about as perfect a time for a viable third party option as you're going to get anytime soon. Two very unpopular candidates as the nominees for the main parties. Would have been a perfect time for a high quality third party candidate to come in and really have a chance. Unfortunately, we ended up with Jill Stein who is a loon and some bumbling dude.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by jaden101

Originally posted by snowdragon
Haha look at this guy bagging on third parties in a conversation about bringing more choice. Happy Dance

hook, line, and sinker.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:33 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
I think the 2016 election was probably about as perfect a time for a viable third party option as you're going to get anytime soon. Two very unpopular candidates as the nominees for the main parties. Would have been a perfect time for a high quality third party candidate to come in and really have a chance. Unfortunately, we ended up with Jill Stein who is a loon and some bumbling dude.

Indeed, weren't Trump and Clinton the two most unpopular candidates in American history?

It is deeply disturbing those were our choices.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:34 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
(please log in to view the image)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:38 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed, weren't Trump and Clinton the two most unpopular candidates in American history?

It is deeply disturbing those were our choices.

Yes, I believe so.

Shame we didn't have a good third party option. I think they probably would have done very well.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
hook, line, and sinker.

so much win, bingo.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:48 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Here's hoping that Trump causes so much embarrassment with the Republican party that they split in two and I'm not just talking about something like the teabagger wingnuts, but a legit schism.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:30 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by snowdragon
so much win, bingo.
booty-bothered?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:28 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

booty-bothered?

Nope, you legit got me.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:33 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

because i was totally claiming that, and not commenting on how eagerly you took the cheap bait. fanny-frustration confirmed.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:36 AM
snowdragon

because i was totally claiming that, and not commenting on how easily you took the cheap bait. fanny-frustration confirmed.

Lulz, ok trolling noted, great job. You can sleep easy now that I was cordial in my response.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:37 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it was jaden101 who posted the bait which so offended you personally, not me. relax, friend.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:43 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm
Everyone complains about the two party system. Everyone claims they're out if touch with common interests. The base of both parties basically claim they hate their own party, and only vote for the lesser of two evils.

What will it take to get a third party going, then? The masses outnumber these goofs in power, yet we keep voting them in?

only when people start voting for people based on individual merits and not along party lines

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:47 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

it was jaden101 who posted the bait which so offended you personally, not me. relax, friend.

I am relaxed, I'm not offended. Your goal is to troll and it's slightly amusing. Especially after a concession and you still try............. laughing

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:48 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

there's also the risk of deluding your voter base against a solidified right or left.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:48 AM