KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Who was the first ONE?

Who was the first ONE?
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Question Who was the first ONE?

Who were the first ONE? And how did the whole scenario begin?
Let’s say someone in the first run of the Matrix realised something was wrong. Who unplugged him? Someone had to, since no matter how strong you are in the Matrix, if you’re in a pod, the body is weak in the real world. So there MUST have been human survivors from the man-machine war, who helped liberate the first One.
Maybe the survivors from the real world already hacked into the system? Any guesses?

That should’ve been around the year 2100 if I get my counts right (I base it on Morpheus saying the year is 2199, Morpheus not knowing about the cycles of the One, and that fro 100 years the humans have battled the machines). The system realises that an anomaly has occurred. It then starts an assault on Zion and blackmails the first One into accepting to surrender the anomaly code in return for the survival of 24 humans.

Then what? Does the Matrix restart? Does it go back to the beginning of the 20th century and run until the time we’re at now in the Movie (end of 1999)? How would the Merovingian know about Neos predecessors if the entire program was restarted?
It’s run for six times now, so is the year really 2699?

Or did the Architect lie?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:34 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nickydirtrider

Well morpheus also said that "the one" had the powers to move in and out of the matrix as he chose. Remember that, so if this is true then he wouldnt need someone to unplug him.
Maybe neo will be able to do that in the next one.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:19 AM
Nickydirtrider is currently offline Click here to Send Nickydirtrider a Private Message Find more posts by Nickydirtrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

The first one would still have been in born in a pod and stayed there until he realised the Matrix was a virtual world. How should he be able to move OUT of the Matrix and into the real world? If he was still plugged into the system an agent could take him over.
Someone must’ve freed him. The ability to move in and out of the Matrix would’ve come later, otherwise WHAT moved out of the Matrix? It’s still just a program.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:29 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He needn't have been freed from the Matrix- it is possible to free yourself.

How he got out the pod and all is far more complex but whilst much can be speculated it does not really matter.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:32 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

If we see how weak Neo was when he was freed, how should the first One have been any stronger in the real world? A pod is a pod, and powers in the Matrix is not powers in the real world.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:40 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I know. Hence my second sentence.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xeeva

Well I think that the whole story of the 1st ONE would be better than the current story.

His challenges would be huge, imagine waking up for the 1st time in the real world, you escape your pod somehow, then what?

You need to eat, find shelter and then start looking for technology to hack into the matrix.

What if the ONE's digital life was that of a cleaner, then he would not possess any skills to setup advance machinery, he would have no knowledge of the real world past.

More than likely he would awake in this new real world, take one look around him and culr up into a ball and cry! think about it, you have spent all of your life as a cleaner, but with a strong feeling that the world is not right, one day you make a choice. You dont want to be in this world anymore, you want to leave. BANG flash of light, realisation that you can leave, and then you wake up in this pod. Now what?

It is very very doubtfull that this happened this way, but that is what we are lead to beleive from the 1st film.

Personally I believe that the 1st ONE was unplugged by the machines, he was taught and trained in the workings of the real world. Then the machines helped him build a City (ZION 1) from there they helped him hack into the matrix therfore freeing the problematic 1% of the Matix population.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:46 AM
Xeeva is currently offline Click here to Send Xeeva a Private Message Find more posts by Xeeva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rosewood

I believe Morpheus says in M1 there was a man born inside the Matrix who could change the Matrix at will. Remake it as he saw fit. "It was he who freed the 1st of us"or something. This must have been Neo version 1. As far the first to escape... Perhaps this indivdual was pluged into the Matrix not as an energy source, but contected more like they do when they hack into the Matrix, Not designed to be permanantly pluged into the system, so that escape would be possible. Maybe even planned. Perhaps this person was kind of like a human consultant to the machienes and not treated like the rest of the crop. Just theorizing, but the first Matrix was 100% created by AI (The Architect) and it failed. The Machienes realized human input was needed to make the Matrix less perfect so that humans would accept the program. This "person born inside the Matrix" was given power over the Matrix in order to make it more human. He represents this human anomaly, the very thing the macheines cant figure out. Eventually, this 1st "one" must have escaped the machienes found a way to begin freeing people. Unfortuntely, the Architect probably planned it this way from the begining. Control by having this "One" removing people from the Matrix that would not accept the program. This way the "One serves as a human shephard, removing the undesirables from the system. Each reincarnation of the "One" has power but does not know it, only through the journey it is revealed to him. This power was originally given to him to make the Matrix work, this is why Neo can seem to do anything because he is supposed to. But as the One grows too powerful and Zion gets more populated, the System puts the smackdown on both, before they become to much to handle. Control is mainatained. The machienes send the sentinel posse down to Zion. Neo is directed back to the source by the Oracle, the Architect regains control over him by allowing some humankind to continue versus its complete annihlation. Those 24 people selected by Neo then would restart hacking the Matrix to free more minds with the fictious prophecy to keep them looking for the next "One". The Architect builds up this false hope with the prophecy then strips each Neo of his power by destroying this hope. I believe the Architect plans to keep disarming Neos at the end of every cycle in order to keep balance in the system. He keep contol over the uncontollable (Neo) that way. He knows it has to be an imperfect system in order to keep humankind in the loop. But he has devised a way to keep an impefect system by periodically resetting that system. In Reloaded I think what we are supposed to get that this 6th version of Neo is different. The power of Love or whatever. The Architect may not be prepared to deal with this Neo. Plus the Agent Smith thing is new to further confuse things. I tend to think the Smith thing is more of a subplot, but I could be wrong.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 03:10 AM
Rosewood is currently offline Click here to Send Rosewood a Private Message Find more posts by Rosewood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No no, Morpheus would have been talking of the FIFTH One, of course. The one who founded the current Zion.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 10:42 AM
alaba
THE ONE

seraph could have been the first one...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 11:21 AM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

The first One was never named, or called by name. Rosewood said it correctly. Morpheus never said his name but he was born within the Matrix itself. He never left the pod but moved freely within the system. The first Anomaly. The A.I. was fascinated and it didn't try to kill him. The First One stimulated the awareness of others within the Matrix and the A.I. allowed that too. Maybe this was something that the A.I. wanted and nurtured. It would not be major damage of any kind, but it also allowed the "phages" (agents) to seek him out most likely because the First One was "different" from all the other cells. That is what "phages" do in the body. They were doing their "job" as programmed.

When the First One died, he started the cycle of "The One" that the A.I. allowed to continue for its own purpose. How is that so? It is so because afterwards was when the Oracle appeared to the "free" humans. The "radicalized" humans. The A.I. spoke to them through the Oracle, saying that it will allow the appearance of future "chosen ones" as the return of THE ONE. He will return to them. It made up its own revelation and apocalyse to the humans for its own purpose. Neo is the latest manifestation of this anomaly and a more advanced version. big grin

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 12:34 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

No one knew about the First One
All they knew about was teh one before Neo and everyone didn't know they were in the 6th Version of the Matrix, not even agent Smith cause when he had Morpheus in M1 he talked about teh first version made to be perfect and then the current one where people kill each other

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 10:08 AM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Myndon
No one knew about the First One
All they knew about was teh one before Neo and everyone didn't know they were in the 6th Version of the Matrix, not even agent Smith cause when he had Morpheus in M1 he talked about teh first version made to be perfect and then the current one where people kill each other

Well I think technecly the Matrix doesn't really chage, they just restart it. Like the 1st one was a perfect world and the second was the world like we see now.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 11:04 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azmeister3000

The first One is irrelevant

I Believe that the prophecy is still true.

The first 'one' was not a actually a 'one' whereas NEO IS THE REAL ONE.
The prophecy is true Morpheus was right Neo was a failure big grin

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 04:06 PM
azmeister3000 is currently offline Click here to Send azmeister3000 a Private Message Find more posts by azmeister3000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UUoodseifer
Between heaven and hell

Missing the point men, still seems to be the method of control. Im not going to write paragraphs of indecisive theories, simply because, I know it wouldn't be right.

The Architect, what's stopping him being another method of control, anyone seen Vanilla Sky??? The Technical Support guy????

I still think maybe the architect could be another method of control, there to ensure Neo, he is NOT "the one".

As for the man born inside the matrix, are we talking about a program here???

The whole Agent Smith story, is very incisive, I think there is more to this "sub-Plot" than what meets the eye, and I assure you this, he is a twist in the tale.

As for the end, well that just a untied shoelace that is, There did not seem to be as much emphasis on the transitional shifting between, the matrix and the truth life, maybe this is because they didn't need to 'cause they passed that notion in the first.

You can grasp at straws, just depends on how many you grip.

well erm, I'll just shut up now.

One other thing that still, freaks me out, Neo can see the encryption of the matrix??? Hmmm somethings going on there, that smells a bit like a nice red herring.

Regards

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 05:03 PM
UUoodseifer is currently offline Click here to Send UUoodseifer a Private Message Find more posts by UUoodseifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by UUoodseifer

One other thing that still, freaks me out, Neo can see the encryption of the matrix??? Hmmm somethings going on there, that smells a bit like a nice red herring.

Regards

That started in the first one. cool It looks coll lol

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 05:36 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Okay, maybe we should get a few things straight. Can we agree on:

1) No one alive in Reloaded knows about the five cycles save, now, Neo.
2) The One Morpheus refers to must therefore be the fifth One.
3) All cycles save the first have been the same. The first One was not prophesised by anyone. He just happened to come along and “collected” the first anomaly of the Matrix.
4) There is NO reason to believe the SAME Matrix scenario has goes on. The Merovingian knows about Neos predecessors. If the Matrix was restarted, so the Merovingian program would’ve been restarted. So either the Merovingian can survive a Reload, or the Matrix has run for almost 600 VR years. (We’ve had plenty of wars, starvation, hunger, religious strife etc since the 15th century to make that plausible).
5) Whatever powers Morpheus tells Neo the “man born within the Matrix” had, was the fifth One. Neo was born within the Matrix, too.
6) It’s been a 100 years since the fifth One.

When I ask who the FIRST One was, it’s both A) could his digital self still be running around in the Matrix even if the real body died? If Neos mind is now trapped in the Source it means the anomaly is capable of separating parts of his digital self. B) How was he freed? The “moving freely in and out of the Matrix” couldn’t possibly be taken literally. At least not from the waking of the fifth One.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 03:50 AM
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

remember when agent smith is talking to morpheous in the first movie he says the first matrix was a perfect world and "people" didnt take the system. maybe somehow there was more than one person that had the strenght and powers of neo...but probably not

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 05:00 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The fact the Merovingian survives the new phase of the Matrix suggests that the change is not as drastic as may be thought.

However, he dpoes not date from the 15th century. The Matrix is, presumably, perpetually in the late 20th/early 21st century.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 12:12 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ushgarak> It looks and sounds that way, but I wonder how that could work, you know? The current Zion has been around for 100 years. So the current Matrix run should be the 20th Century. It IS possible that all the loops of the Matrix just went through the 20th Century with programs playing the key history-making parts.

That, of course, might explain why programs like the Merovingian and Persephone are so jaded. Hell is repetition, so to speak, and if they’ve been through six runs of the same program, they might get bored to death.
But then: Do we assume each run of the Matrix goes through the 20th Century, runs to the end of 1999 and then flips back to 1900? So all the plugged in humans to go bed on 31st of December 1999 in the Matrix, and wakes up in new avatar-forms January 1st 1900??? (There were a lot less people in 1900 that in 1999, though.)
Maybe that is what the code which Neo, and the previous Ones, carry is supposed to help do. Restart the Matrix. Without it December 31st 1999 will end in the mentioned system-crash.
Hm. I’m none the wiser smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 03:53 PM