KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Whose the best MCU villain? Loki or Killmonger?

Whose the best MCU villain? Loki or Killmonger?
Started by: Josh_Alexander

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Whose the best MCU villain? Loki or Killmonger?

It's no surprise that Killmonger is consider one of the best MCU villains, and is even being compared to Loki.

Now, what do you think? How does Killmonger compares and contrasts with Loki? Who is the best villain? In which position does Killmonger fall?

Let me hear your opinions.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:20 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I personally believe Loki is still #1 villain so far.

I did enjoyed and loved Killmonger. His performance was so credible and so genuine! I did felt a connection with the villain!

However, when evil is concerned...Loki still holds #1. Loki's performance and personality makes him a genuine bad guy.

As for the ranking...idk...I loved the Vulture...Id say he is 2nd along with the Vulture for me.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:25 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Killmonger is definitely one of the better MCU villains, but for me Loki still reigns supreme. Loki is just more interesting, charismatic, entertaining, and has the benefit of having been in more movies compared to Killmonger. I also think Loki’s dichotomy with Thor adds to his repertoire of more interesting aspects about him, while Killmonger didn’t have a similarly intriguing relationship with T’Challa, other than being related to him.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:53 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
It's no surprise that Killmonger is consider one of the best MCU villains, and is even being compared to Loki.

Now, what do you think? How does Killmonger compares and contrasts with Loki? Who is the best villain? In which position does Killmonger fall?

Let me hear your opinions.

Wilson Fisk.

If we're just doing movies, though? I have to go with Killmonger. I'm not usually a fan of the whole "I'm sort of the villain but my motives are sympathetic so you should side with me" thing, but Killmonger really benefits from, in the eyes of a lot of people, being right, and having valid reasons for being the way he is. He's a bad guy, sure, but he's a good argument taken to the extreme.

Loki, as charismatic as he is, lacks that kind of aspect to his character. I mean, I like the guy, but I honestly feel like he's a tad inconsistent at times in how he's written.

Outside of those two? I really liked Ego and Red Skull too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 04:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

There are more interesting villains in the MCU than just those 2.

The villain problem thing is a meme.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 04:08 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Inhuman

You think so? IMO, the MCU's biggest weakness is definitely villains, especially post Hydra.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 04:49 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Compared to what though. What are we using for comparison?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:28 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
You think so? IMO, the MCU's biggest weakness is definitely villains, especially post Hydra.

Agreed.
Glaringly obvious with Zemo.

Anyway, Loki by default for me, as i'm not going to watch the BP movie.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 06:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Loki. Tbh I have Michael Keatons Vulture above Killmonger.

Originally posted by riv6672

Anyway, Loki by default for me, as i'm not going to watch the BP movie.

Lol

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 06:50 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by -Pr-
Wilson Fisk.

thumb up

If we restrict it to only the films, Loki is still my favorite by far.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 06:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

General Hux.

What? He's Disney.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:22 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

hyuck hyuck hyuck.....

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I love Fisk, but his image was forever ruined for me by the Weekly Planet podcast, when they described Fisk in his prison jumpsuit as looking like an oversized baby in a massive onesie. Because it's kind of true.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:35 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Loki, easily

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 09:34 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Still Loki due to the simple fact that hes had 4 movies to breathe and grow; Killmonger was good and I loved his real world motivations but at the end of the day he was just another one and done; even if he did go out like a G

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 10:26 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Loki. Tbh I have Michael Keatons Vulture above Killmonger.

He's likely me second favorite. thumb up

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 10:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Top 5 MCU villains atm are: Fisk, Killmonger, Zemo, Loki and Killgrave.

Ward, Jiaying and Vulture are also very strong and Whitney Frost had a shot at the top 5 if she hadn't of fallen apart at the end.

Its a bizarrely overstated belief that the MCU has a villain problem, it has a lot of very strong antagonists.

Last edited by Nephthys on Feb 19th, 2018 at 01:13 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 01:09 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

To me, Kilgrave was the best part of S1 of JJ.

Cottonmouth had potential, but they ended up with Diamondback, on Luke Cage. Now, that is one of the instances where the criticism is fully warranted. Black Mariah was pretty good though, in that the show made me utterly despise that character.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 19th, 2018 at 01:14 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 01:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I did also like Killmonger though. Like Vulture, he had really strong motivations you could actually sympathise with in a way. And someone who most people seem to have overlooked, but I also really enjoyed, was actually Klaue. He was such a total opposite as a villain to Killmonger, basically just a carefree, trigger-happy maniac, but I thought his scenes were a lot of fun. Pity that we're unlikely to see any more of either of them in the future.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 02:07 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman

Like Who?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 04:19 PM