KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Obama claims he had no scandals during his admin.

Obama claims he had no scandals during his admin.
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Laugh Obama claims he had no scandals during his admin.

"We didnt not have any scadals during my administration."
Barack Obama

Benghazi
IRS
Calling the DEA off Hezollah
Uranium One
Solyndra
Fast and Furious
FISA abuse

Just to name a few.

Link

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Feb 28th, 2018 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 02:43 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol Solyndra is a scandal? You’re hilarious

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 03:56 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...lyndra-scandal/
Investing Government funds in a green energy company is not a scandal just because the company failed. It is crucial to our survival that we support green energy, but sometimes investments don’t work out. It happens...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:46 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How very magnanimous of you.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

A president investing half a billion dollars in a program to get him re-elected(IOW's), that ends up shutting down anyways, is most certainly a scandal.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:31 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
A president investing half a billion dollars in a program to get him re-elected(IOW's), that ends up shutting down anyways, is most certainly a scandal.
Obama invested WAY more than half a billion. If I remember correctly he invested billions and billions and billions in not just Solyndra but in dozens of green energy companies. He was giving loans to these companies to support renewable power. Of all the companies that received loans from Obama, Solyndra happened to go bankrupt.

That’s not a scandal.

And don’t tell me that politicians giving loans to companies is a new thing, I’ve seen Republicans do it all the fuccking time. Fox News just latched onto the failure of Solyndra and turned it into a faux scandal

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:43 AM
Silent Master

Fox news was hardly the only people that called it a scandal, what you're doing is called poisoning the well.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:46 AM
SSJGGogeta

First, off, I don't give a shit about Republicans. I don't identify as one anyways. I identify as someone that dislikes when the government lies to the populace, and manipulates them with shady politics.

Anyways, half a billion was what he made the taxpayers liable to from federal guarantees. You're right though, a lot more money was added to the deficit from him investing billions of dollars in a company for the SOLE PURPOSE of re-election. Read the article SM posted- everything about Solyndra was based on politics, specifically re-election. Not the economy, or the environment.

“What’s so troubling is that politics seems to be the dominant factor,” said Ryan Alexander, president of Taxpayers for Common Sense, a nonpartisan watchdog group. “They’re not talking about what the taxpayers are losing; they’re not talking about the failure of the technology, whether we bet on the wrong horse. What they are talking about is ‘How are we going to manage this politically?’ ”

I also find it funny that you avoided literally every other example of scandals that SM posted.

Obama was an absolutely horrible president, that literally put America in more debt than every president before him combined, and no amount of strawman arguments or sheer denial will change that fact.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:55 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
First, off, I don't give a shit about Republicans. I don't identify as one anyways. I identify as someone that dislikes when the government lies to the populace, and manipulates them with shady politics.

Anyways, half a billion was what he made the taxpayers liable to from federal guarantees. You're right though, a lot more money was added to the deficit from him investing billions of dollars in a company for the SOLE PURPOSE of re-election. Read the article SM posted- everything about Solyndra was based on politics, specifically re-election. Not the economy, or the environment.

“What’s so troubling is that politics seems to be the dominant factor,” said Ryan Alexander, president of Taxpayers for Common Sense, a nonpartisan watchdog group. “They’re not talking about what the taxpayers are losing; they’re not talking about the failure of the technology, whether we bet on the wrong horse. What they are talking about is ‘How are we going to manage this politically?’ ”

I also find it funny that you avoided literally every other example of scandals that SM posted.

Obama was an absolutely horrible president, that literally put America in more debt than every president before him combined, and no amount of strawman arguments or sheer denial will change that fact.

I don't wanna get into a long drawn-out argument, but I do have to remark on your criticism of Obama's spending.

It seems to me that Obama's spending is being misrepresented. People forget how bad things were in 2008, we were in the deepest recession since the Great Depression. One of best things a government can do to reverse a recession is spend money. The worst way to spend money is by just printing it off though, so instead the treasury sells bonds to finance the government which increases the debt but also allows for stimulus programs.

Spending is economically the best way to reverse recessions. How did Roosevelt get us out of the Great Depression? Stimulus spending on programs.

Lol thank you Finance class

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 06:08 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Largely accurate. Obama's term was so squeaky clean the republicans had to invent scandals to undermine him. In a way I wish he had been more bold and willing to rock the boat.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:19 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-...percent-3306296

In raw dollars, Obama only (lol) added a touch under the combined debt of the previous three Presidents. He didn't add more than every previous one combined. He added by far the most of any of them, though. Not that Trump in just one term being projected to add almost as much as Obama did in both of his terms is a good sign either.

By percentage, Obama's increase to the debt is substantially less than that of either G.W. Bush or Reagan's.

Interestingly though, Obama is second only to Reagan among the modern POTUSes when ranked by the EPI index, and he's 10th overall (Reagan's 5th). Which doesn't quite reflect people's damning judgements of his economic handling.

Last edited by SunRazer on Feb 28th, 2018 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:27 AM
SunRazer is currently offline Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Nephthys
Largely accurate. Obama's term was so squeaky clean the republicans had to invent scandals to undermine him. In a way I wish he had been more bold and willing to rock the boat.

Not really that accurate. Obama didn't have any personal scandals but there were plenty that existed during his administration. Like the Veteran Health scandal, and there's the IRS one as well. He himself handled both pretty well and I don't think his administration will go down in history as a corrupt one, but it definitely wasn't pure and it didn't take Republicans' fabrications for him to have some.

Then again, what Obama actually said per the link in the OP was "We didn't have a scandal that embarrassed us", which may or may not be true. Not being American, I'm not sure how much those scandals embarrassed the country outside of people trying to kick up a political shitstorm.

Last edited by SunRazer on Feb 28th, 2018 at 08:44 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:40 AM
SunRazer is currently offline Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys

LOL!

I guess you could even say there wasn't a...smidgen of corruption, right?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 12:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SunRazer
Not really that accurate. Obama didn't have any personal scandals but there were plenty that existed during his administration. Like the Veteran Health scandal, and there's the IRS one as well. He himself handled both pretty well and I don't think his administration will go down in history as a corrupt one, but it definitely wasn't pure and it didn't take Republicans' fabrications for him to have some.

Then again, what Obama actually said per the link in the OP was "We didn't have a scandal that embarrassed us", which may or may not be true. Not being American, I'm not sure how much those scandals embarrassed the country outside of people trying to kick up a political shitstorm.

It speaks volumes about the alternate reality Obama and other leftists reside in if they think weaponizing the IRS against their political opponents is not embarrassing. So...it's actually just as bad as if Obama said they had no scandals. Both statements require completely checking out of the current reality we all inhabit.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 12:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: Obama claims he had no scandals during his admin.

Originally posted by Blindside12
"We didnt not have any scadals during my administration."
Barack Obama

Obama had his scandals but he had more public appeal and his was more charismatic in his addressing the public. That certainly gave him more leeway when it came to handling said scandals.

As opposed to Trumps angry tweeting followed by a lack of nuance in follow up speeches addressing public concerns.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 12:14 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

#JadeHelm
#NeverForget

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 02:30 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Lol Solyndra is a scandal? You’re hilarious

How ignorant of you to not know it wasn’t a scandal. Ate some more finance classes Mr. Eco Friendly.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 02:30 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
It speaks volumes about the alternate reality Obama and other leftists reside in if they think weaponizing the IRS against their political opponents is not embarrassing. So...it's actually just as bad as if Obama said they had no scandals. Both statements require completely checking out of the current reality we all inhabit.
Obama did not weaponize the IRS against Republicans, that’s another faux scandal. I even remember having this conversation with you and providing all the links and you more or less conceded to some degree. Do you not remember the details of the IRS thing?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 02:52 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
How ignorant of you to not know it wasn’t a scandal. Ate some more finance classes Mr. Eco Friendly.

Originally posted by Firefly218
Investing Government funds in a green energy company is not a scandal just because the company failed. It is crucial to our survival that we support green energy, but sometimes investments don’t work out. It happens...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 02:53 PM