KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Looks like we've got a sequel to Shadow of Mordor. It was up on Target for pre-order but taken down.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:35 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Makes sense...it was pretty awesome game. And I love the studio. Monolith Productions have produced some of my favourite games.

And the crazy part is that the Nemesis system is still somewhat new. When the first game came out, there was a lot of talk about how that type of system would be copied from other developers (rightfully so) but there hasn't been anything.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 01:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The first was alright. The Nemesis system was one of the GOAT new and unique video game concepts I've seen. Fking amazing. They just need to build a better game around it. I was hoping it would catch on in more games too, though it never did.

I'm definitely in

PWNT

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 01:18 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Need to get back to the first one and finish it off.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 06:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ah, yeah.

Looks ridiculous. But in a good way. I loved the first one, so I can't wait for this.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 03:17 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sweet. I'm excited. A nice bit of news.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 03:29 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Cant wait. Lemme tame that Balrog and ride them fell beasts.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:31 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Aug 22nd is the release date.

Every game can be delayed but I always felt late Aug to be a great time to release a game like this. It doesn't have the biggest pedigree with all gamers but releasing it prior to October could mean it does well.

I also don't think it will delay because there was no information at all so I cannot believe they would announce without having a firm date in hand.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 10:40 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yep, August is a very smart release date. The only competition is usually Madden and that appeals to a different group. August is a perfect time for a game that isn't really on a ton of people's radar to come and overperform.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 12:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Agreed.

I was surprised a game like Titanfall 2 wasn't released in late Aug/Sept last winter. For such a good game, it would of been a very good time to release.

Of course, that depends if they needed those extra month to finish it. But still, MGSV did well because it was the only worthwhile game in Sept 2015.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 12:34 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Same with the first Bioshock, I remember that came out in August and had no competition, and became huge.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 12:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 02:26 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

GOTY 2017.

Seriously though it looks phuckin amazing!!!!!

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 04:43 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
The first was alright. The Nemesis system was one of the GOAT new and unique video game concepts I've seen. Fking amazing. They just need to build a better game around it. I was hoping it would catch on in more games too, though it never did.

I'm definitely in
I liked the combat and the world, too.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 04:58 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That looks fking amazing

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 9th, 2017 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 08:20 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Az-Laar!!!!!!

He was too good. Too pure. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 03:23 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

This edition looks awesome with The Ring and the balrog statue...definetely wouldnt pay 300 bucks for it though...

http://cdn2-www.playstationlifestyl...ril-edition.jpg

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Mar 12th, 2017 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 08:06 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Bigger maps, more varity in the landscapes, cities from the movies, better and faster buildingscaling and traversal.......
https://www.facebook.com/ign/videos/10154685907666633/

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 06:22 PM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

As much as I love LoTR (and I am a major fan), I believe that Skyrim is a much better game due to its storyline. Sure it is great to play the half-wraith Talion, but nothing compared to the Dragonborn - someone who can actually defeat Smaug in single combat and devouring his soul. Now the real question is who would win that fight?

War Doctor

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 09:03 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

These new skills....gawd they are awesome....Talion gonna be OP.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 06:02 PM