KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » I may have to go away for a while

I may have to go away for a while
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I may have to go away for a while

I don't know where else to put this in a place people would see it that I communicate with regularly, but... Yeah.

My uncle, Dennis, has gone into a coma. He had a fall a few days ago, apparently caused by an old ulcer in his throat that ruptured, and caused him to go into shock. He was ambulanced off to the local hospital where he lives, and he's had three operations for the internal bleeding. After the third one however... he's cone into a comatose state...

Now, my own health problems notwithstanding, but because of them I can't go visit him... I'm simply too weak to make that trip (He's in a different part of Victoria from me) and I do not know what else I can do...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:53 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:00 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

Thanks.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:13 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good luck dude, I wish you the best

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Sorry to hear about you’re uncle. Hope both you and him recovers. Best to you and you’re family.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 04:40 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best to you and your family through this hard time.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 04:44 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Thanks guys.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:15 PM
dadudemon

Re: I may have to go away for a while

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I don't know where else to put this in a place people would see it that I communicate with regularly, but... Yeah.

My uncle, Dennis, has gone into a coma. He had a fall a few days ago, apparently caused by an old ulcer in his throat that ruptured, and caused him to go into shock. He was ambulanced off to the local hospital where he lives, and he's had three operations for the internal bleeding. After the third one however... he's cone into a comatose state...

Now, my own health problems notwithstanding, but because of them I can't go visit him... I'm simply too weak to make that trip (He's in a different part of Victoria from me) and I do not know what else I can do...

Sorry this happened.

He should not be in a coma unless there was brain damage from blood loss (which results in cerebral hypoxia). Unless they artificially induced a coma. Do you know any details around the coma?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope it turns out best for the both of you.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Re: Re: I may have to go away for a while

Originally posted by dadudemon
Sorry this happened.

He should not be in a coma unless there was brain damage from blood loss (which results in cerebral hypoxia). Unless they artificially induced a coma. Do you know any details around the coma?

Unfortunately, I do not. My cousin - his daughter - wasn't in the best frame of mind to explain it when she called...

He's been getting transfusions since the internal bleeding was detected, but yeah... it may be induced.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:07 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I wish you and your family the best.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 07:57 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

My sympathies and hopes for the best are with you and your family.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 10:29 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Better news, they took him off the breathing tube, and he's breathing ok on his own, so they are going to try and bring him out of the induced coma later tonight or tomorrow.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:07 AM
Silent Master

That's great news.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by Silent Master
That's great news.

Yeah. I'll be relieved once he's out of it and out of the ICU, but at this point any good news is a relief.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:18 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

My thoughts are with you mate.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:32 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Re: I may have to go away for a while

I wish you and your uncle all the best, and hopefully this last update you mentioned is just the first step in an overall turn for the better.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:37 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Thoughts and prayers to your uncle and you.

I hope he recovers, modern medicine today can perform miracles (My own sister survived an aneurysm, so I've seen first hand how good they can be.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

thanks guys

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:21 PM
dadudemon

Better news, they took him off the breathing tube, and he's breathing ok on his own, so they are going to try and bring him out of the induced coma later tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, nice. So it is as I suspected: artificially induced coma. Which, in a case like this, is generally much better than the alternative.

This is very good news.

As you can see from this thread - despite how many of us, especially me, are asshats and jerks - we still set aside our petty bullshit and bring care and love with us. We are not all bad people...just passionate about our ideas and positions.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 04:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote