KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » leo's Secret Wars!!1!

leo's Secret Wars!!1!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

leo's Secret Wars!!1!

Welcome One and All

Welcome one and all to Little Leo’s Little Secret Wars Tournament. I’m your host, leonidas. This little tourney will be a 4-man affair, with winners to move on to the finals and losers relegated to Bitterman’s Row for the duration. Our contestants include myself, the kmc’s own English gentleman and carver of caver, Darksaint, Mod Supreme and always coolest guy in the room, digi and the Romanian Nightmare and Superfan, philosophia!

This will be an amalgam battle, with characters randomly drawn and assigned. One from low meta, mid meta and high meta categories. Full integration of powers and memories of each character are in play. By random draw, opponents were selected.

Leonidas v Darksaint

leonidas will represent the combo of triathlon/darkhawk/spiral
darksaint will represent black tarantula/Sebastian shaw/aurora.

Digi v Phil

digi will be representing jakita wagner/aegis/storm
phil will rep the combo of wild child/thunder/crystal

Luck to all. Judges, in each of the battles, take what you see as legal. We’ve hashed through the rules and will point out anything we feel is suspect if necessary. The battlefield is a 1000 hole golf course with water, club house, and mountains nearby. We appear randomly on the course, 0.5km apart. Matches are scheduled to start Mon and end either Fri or Sat. there is a 3 post limit following the opening post by each competitor. Judges will be contacted and announced, and thanks so much, in advance for agreeing to help us out. it is greatly appreciated. thumb up

With that said, I look forward to seeing you all back here Monday, when the fun really begins….

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 10:59 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

fans and onlookers, feel free to comment on odds here, fan favourites (if it's me) and general thoughts on what's gonna go down. no-prize to the person who first correctly picks the winners of the semis and the final champ!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 11:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 01:45 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I want to participate too ya old bum!!!!!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 04:43 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

For the record, "Leo's Secret Wars" was not approved as a name before this thread was made.

no expression

The random draw was pretty hilarious (we handled it over Facebook Messanger), but I don't think anyone is completely disappointed in their draw. No one has been obviously eliminated via unlucky drafts, which was the hope all along.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 30th, 2017 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 05:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It could have been much much much worse.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 09:01 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

i neglected to mention prep time rules: each competitor is in an unbreakable/unbreachable warehouse that floats freely in the negative zone. nothing can be brought in and no one can leave the warehouse, but other than that they can do whatever they can in that 10s. the time is equaled among all competitors, with speed being unable to lengthen the subjective time.

judges for the matches have been contacted, and unless one of them needs to back out, fall like this:

me/ds--->bentley, style, damborg

phil/digi--->sin, zop, scot

i know i've said it a bunch, but thanks so much judges--we couldn't do this type of thing without people willing to read it and weigh in. we all really appreciate the time you're giving to us. thumb up

as mentioned in pm's, judgments are to be in no more than 3 days following the conclusion of the match. instructions on what to do with the judgments will be forthcoming soon. hope you all enjoy the festivities. smile

oh yeah--i know we have some virgin judges lol if you've not done one of these before, there are plenty of good examples of rendered votes in the bz matches in this forum.

Last edited by leonidas on Jul 30th, 2017 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 03:39 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Phil and I have both sent our writeups to Leo, so it should go up tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 02:21 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

We should market this in the vs. forum. Remind them all what quality debate looks like.

Also, my last post was made while relatively drunk. And having read through it the next day, I have to say I'm pleased at how coherent I stayed. I did forget a couple points I meant to make, but since we have three (non-writeup) posts, that's not an issue.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 04:21 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up and thumb up put it at the top of the vs forum mr mod.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 07:34 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Due to external time constraints, Digi won't be able to send all of his posts until tonight, so the deadline has been moved to tomorrow [monday]

We'll both [probably] have two more posts each.

Thanks to the judges thumb up

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:09 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I see you four chose the path of least resistance to a victory by not inviting me.... well, good luck to whomever wins, you'll always know you're somewhere in the vicinity of second best (at most)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 12:05 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Scoob still exists!!!?

Anyways, I sent my vote already, good luck to all in this first round.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 12:12 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up did you use your sock account, toplel?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 01:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I'll have my final post up in max 5 hours.

I'll PM the judges individually, in case they don't look at this thread.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 02:00 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
I see you four chose the path of least resistance to a victory by not inviting me.... well, good luck to whomever wins, you'll always know you're somewhere in the vicinity of second best (at most)

pfft. we both know i'll always be #1 in your heart. thumb up and if you'd say hello once in a while, let people know you're still alive, maybe they'd invite you to their parties. busy with those kiddies i imagine?

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up did you use your sock account, toplel?

lol i still say it was carver. just too bad i had to get drawn into your lovers spat. i hate that.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 02:59 PM
StyleTime

I voted that toplel stomped all of you. Digi and Philo included.

You can safely conclude the tourney tbh.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 7th, 2017 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 05:47 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by StyleTime
I voted that toplel stomped all of you. Digi and Philo included.

You can safely conclude the tourney tbh.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 06:00 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

both sets of judges--once all 3 votes are in post them in the battle threads. no need to wait until wed/thurs if everyone has their vote ready early. and i know i said it 1000 times, but thanks. this wouldn't work without the help. thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 06:56 PM
Philosophía

We should do this more often.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 09:48 PM