KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Harvey Weinstein fighting back

Harvey Weinstein fighting back
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Harvey Weinstein fighting back

He's looking at forty years in prison, so no surprise there.

What is surprising, is you don't hear much about resisting the allegations. I know defamation lawsuits are borderline impossible if you're a public figure, but it just seems like any time you're accused now, you're done. Virtually no resistance, no pushback, proof not required.

These are, in theory, very powerful people getting steamrolled by the #metoo" movement. Seeing them all go down with a whimper is just.. odd. In a society where lawyers sue and countersue for a dirty look, it just doesn't make sense.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 01:02 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read an article the other day about him resisting the allegations. He was using emails some woman had sent to him at a time after whatever she claims he did to her had occurred.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 01:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 01:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yep. thumb up

And I guess I should have known:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...x-of-litigation

quote:
Former Fox News employee Laurie Dhue is suing Bill O’Reilly over claims he made that allegations against him were “unfounded”. She had previously received settlements in relation to O’Reilly’s behaviour.

Complainants complain, media organisations that publish the complaints are sued, the perpetrators complain about their victims and the victims sue the perpetrators.

This might well be described as an asphyxiating vortex of litigation.

It's not that the accused aren't fighting back. No one is simply reporting on it.

Not in the states, anyways. The news in this country is completely, 100% unreliable for keeping people informed..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 02:22 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I have to ask: why is this woman telling a rapist she misses him?

The problem here is people will come in and trot out the cliche "well you see rape victims can act wacky cuz of the trauma" and then...what the hell do you even say to that? It doesn't magically negate the "I miss you" thing. It doesn't mean that in this specific case what we are seeing is a rape victim dealing with trauma in a strange way.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 02:26 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And I have to ask: why is this woman telling a rapist she misses him?

The problem here is people will come in and trot out the cliche "well you see rape victims can act wacky cuz of the trauma" and then...what the hell do you even say to that? It doesn't magically negate the "I miss you" thing. It doesn't mean that in this specific case what we are seeing is a rape victim dealing with trauma in a strange way.

No, it doesn't.

I don't doubt for a second that Harvey Weinstein is a pervert and womanizer. I'm not certain he's a rapist, though I wouldn't be surprised.

But this is also the shady world of entertainment, media, lawsuits, and more money then god, so we'll never really know what's "really" going on. Maybe Bob really did set his brother up over a falling out, like Harvey suspects.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 02:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
No, it doesn't.

I don't doubt for a second that Harvey Weinstein is a pervert and womanizer. I'm not certain he's a rapist, though I wouldn't be surprised.

But this is also the shady world of entertainment, media, lawsuits, and more money then god, so we'll never really know what's "really" going on. Maybe Bob really did set his brother up over a falling out, like Harvey suspects.

Yep, I honestly do not find it hard to believe most of these women willingly banged him in order to further their careers.

And the excuse is some of them didn't speak out cuz they didn't wanna harm their own careers. Surely there is another career they could have gone into that wouldn't involve enabling a racist, but probably not one that would make them rich.

And then you have these actresses who, long ago, might have lacked the power to call out Harvey without it harming their career. But some of these women are household names. Could have gone public once their career reached a certain point. And people like Ashley Judd don't seem to have been big in acting for years, so what the hell were they waiting on? I can't recall the last good performance she gave or the last big film she was in.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 02:43 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, I honestly do not find it hard to believe most of these women willingly banged him in order to further their careers.

Takes no Sherlock to figure that out.

And he was one of the great many producers taking advantage of his position, I bet.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 03:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

There's enough proof to condemn Weinstein. His resistance has been reported, it's just been overwhelmed by just how much there's proof against him and too many people are coming forwards.
Some of them could be absolute cvnts who wanna take advantage of the situation and get money, but it's the assumption that every woman is doing it that helps up to 97% of rape cases having the rapist go free.

It's OK to demand evidence, but when evidence, as well as an overwhelming quantity of women, come forwards and complain, people are still pushing against it for the sake of "they want attention" or "its fake" or "they're gold-digging whores".

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 03:46 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Yep. thumb up

And I guess I should have known:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...x-of-litigation

It's not that the accused aren't fighting back. No one is simply reporting on it.

Not in the states, anyways. The news in this country is completely, 100% unreliable for keeping people informed..

What a clusterf**k.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 04:53 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by MythLord
There's enough proof to condemn Weinstein. His resistance has been reported, it's just been overwhelmed by just how much there's proof against him and too many people are coming forwards.
Some of them could be absolute cvnts who wanna take advantage of the situation and get money, but it's the assumption that every woman is doing it that helps up to 97% of rape cases having the rapist go free.

It's OK to demand evidence, but when evidence, as well as an overwhelming quantity of women, come forwards and complain, people are still pushing against it for the sake of "they want attention" or "its fake" or "they're gold-digging whores".

I agree with what your saying in principle, but you also have to remember lawyers usually go to them, and "easy money" schemes are COMMON.

I could point to half a dozen people school days alone who lied like drunken sailors after a car accident, or a minor injury turned payouts for life. And that's for penny anty payouts to the tune of a few thousand in two years, at most.

The kind of lawsuits we're talking about here are worth MILLIONS. If not hundreds of millions.

That's a very strong incentive to turn sleeping to the top into sexual assault.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 05:02 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's looking at forty years in prison

Whoa, what?

Link?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 05:19 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I agree with what your saying in principle, but you also have to remember lawyers usually go to them, and "easy money" schemes are COMMON.

I could point to half a dozen people school days alone who lied like drunken sailors after a car accident, or a minor injury turned payouts for life. And that's for penny anty payouts to the tune of a few thousand in two years, at most.

The kind of lawsuits we're talking about here are worth MILLIONS. If not hundreds of millions.

That's a very strong incentive to turn sleeping to the top into sexual assault.

Which is all well and good, but no reason to dismiss the allegations of a large number of women. Even if at least one of them was actually assaulted, Harvey deserves jail. And the rest of the harpies who lied deserve the same, if they lied. But I doubt most of them did.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 05:39 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Whoa, what?

Link?

https://deadline.com/2018/07/harvey...ult-1202420457/

First heard it over the local lefty news. They're not fooling around, and probably want to make an example of him.

If Bob started this domino effect as "a takedown", he's brother of the year for helping his brother rot in prison for life. Bet he thought he'd get a slap on the wrist, because he's Harvey Weinstein. Guess again, Bob! (And anyone want to bet Bob has a closet full of skeletons that probably makes his brothers look like the Narnia gateway?)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 05:44 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by MythLord

Is it not possible that he simply slept with a lot of woman and jumping on the "rape" train is a lot easier than saying "We willingly had sex with him for fame"?

I have no doubts he was being a massive creep and made them feel uncomfortable during. But the guy was getting pussy slung at him like Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Do we really think he needed to repeatedly rape the same women who would go and visit him and then magically get bigger roles?

It seems a lot of women had buyers remorse and seen how easy it was to spin it to rape instead of consent. Look at the guy, no one would be proud to get porked by that hog. Obviously a lot of girls wouldn't be happy about his cock dangling around both sets of lips.

Seems suspect to me anyway. "Teehee what am I doing in your house? I thought we were going to be going over lines for my movie that you as a PRODUCER would know?"

Plus I don't think Harvey has denied anything but the rape charges. It kind of fits.

But you never know what truly happened. He does look like rapist I guess. Gets mad because someone dared to reject him and went to penis punishment land out of anger. I could see it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 06:13 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I think we should play it safe and imprison every Celebrity and Hollywood Movie Executive just to be on the safe side.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 07:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

If ugly men can't get pussy through accomplishment, civilisation will collapse. Mark my words!

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 08:17 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by janus77
If ugly men can't get pussy through accomplishment, civilisation will collapse. Mark my words!

Well that explains the take of certain KMC Posters and the Prostitution Thread....

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 08:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well that explains the take of certain KMC Posters and the Prostitution Thread....

I'm all for prostitution. It relaxes the ugly men and gives ease to the loose but nice looking women.

I mean, if a woman is considering prostitution as a means of making money, then she clearly doesn't see sex as something reserved for a monogamous relationship.

Why not let her relax the frustrated and inept men who require a warm hole?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 08:27 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How many poor prostitutes have been crushed to death or gone insane because of this I wonder?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 08:33 PM