KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you think about film acting?

What do you think about film acting?
Started by: Christina B

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Christina B

What do you think about film acting?

What do you think of giving up studies for film acting? Isn't being famous something everyone deserves, like via the internet?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:16 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Not really. In the end it depends on passion and the ability of absolute perseverance. Trying to make it from what I’ve read is pretty damn hard.

Some people tries for years but never became famous. They can’t even make a life for themselves. The majority of them have secondary job to makes ends meet.

In the end, a person should do what makes them happy. But after awhile, needs to understand when to cut ties and start to act like an adult. Not all dreams come true.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Not really. In the end it depends on passion and the ability of absolute perseverance. Trying to make it from what I’ve read is pretty damn hard.

Some people tries for years but never became famous. They can’t even make a life for themselves. The majority of them have secondary job to makes ends meet.

In the end, a person should do what makes them happy. But after awhile, needs to understand when to cut ties and start to act like an adult. Not all dreams come true.
Howcome it seems like I should have stuck to my plans in music when I was brutally discriminated ... and now people can't even process the idea that I can belong in classical music? I'm seeing other people out there making it finally but not me. I'm not making it in any way. People often told me I could "do anything I put my mind to" and later on said "not to spread myself too thin," which seemed suggestive when I tried to come to terms with it. I feel as tho people are rushing to make sure I can't succeed, tho I am happy for the people who do succeed.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:44 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Nobody "deserves" to be famous. Being famous is because of exceptional talent, skill, and education.

Or, in much of today's society, being a talentless and overrated douchebag.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Christina B
Howcome it seems like I should have stuck to my plans in music when I was brutally discriminated ... and now people can't even process the idea that I can belong in classical music? I'm seeing other people out there making it finally but not me. I'm not making it in any way. People often told me I could "do anything I put my mind to" and later on said "not to spread myself too thin," which seemed suggestive when I tried to come to terms with it. I feel as tho people are rushing to make sure I can't succeed, tho I am happy for the people who do succeed.

I don’t know you’re life story, so i can’t be more specific. But sometimes, no matter how good or talented you are, sometimes, just sometimes you’re just unlucky. It happens.

I am not telling you to give up on you’re dreams, but there comes a time in life you will need to start making difficult decisions, different decisions regarding you’re life in general. Especially if others now relies on you.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:23 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

Originally posted by Impediment
Nobody "deserves" to be famous. Being famous is because of exceptional talent, skill, and education.

Or, in much of today's society, being a talentless and overrated douchebag.
But people try to compare musicians, maybe not known like Yo Yo Ma or the internet famous at least maybe Joshua Bell ... People are just now starting to see people for who they are ... and I'm getting out and lied about like I'm no good. Why is Johnny Depp more famous than people who are good in other things?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:30 PM
Christina B

I don’t know you’re life story, so i can’t be more specific. But sometimes, no matter how good or talented you are, sometimes, just sometimes you’re just unlucky. It happens.

I am not telling you to give up on you’re dreams, but there comes a time in life you will need to start making difficult decisions, different decisions regarding you’re life in general. Especially if others now relies on you.
I really wanted to be good at something, and finally I thought of the violin. I ended up in piano lessons, which I just wanted to play for fun. I like piano. I specifically switched from piano to violin.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:37 PM
SquallX

I really wanted to be good at something, and finally I thought of the violin. I ended up in piano lessons, which I just wanted to play for fun. I like piano. I specifically switched from piano to violin.

Just because you’re not famous, doesn’t mean you’re not good!

In the end, all I can say is this. Are you happy with you’re life? Is being recognized by the world you’re end goal? Will you be satisfied without world recognition?

This is a decision you need to really think about, make a choice and be happy with it. In the end, it’s you’re life.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:44 PM
Silent Master

Wanting to be good at something doesn't mean you actually are. Even if you are good at it, that doesn't mean you deserve to be famous for it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:46 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: What do you think about film acting?

What do you think of giving up studies for film acting? Isn't being famous something everyone deserves, like via the internet?

No one deserves anything.

If someone wants to go that path, good luck to them.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

Originally posted by Silent Master
Wanting to be good at something doesn't mean you actually are. Even if you are good at it, that doesn't mean you deserve to be famous for it.
Yea, I mean, I was very good at organ, but I was unable to continue and therefore do not deserve to make a CD of my organ playing now.
Just because you’re not famous, doesn’t mean you’re not good!

In the end, all I can say is this. Are you happy with you’re life? Is being recognized by the world you’re end goal? Will you be satisfied without world recognition?

This is a decision you need to really think about, make a choice and be happy with it. In the end, it’s you’re life.
Well, I wanted my life to go smoothly without being in serious trouble and to have a decent reputation. I have social issues in the way of "focus on fame."
Originally posted by cdtm
No one deserves anything.

If someone wants to go that path, good luck to them.
Yea, I've wanted to be great, but I feel so beaten down and hidden from the real world.

I'm worried about different things, like should I get myself a pug, should I take German online and just try harder in violin and major in it after I can speak German, in Germany like I want? Even if I wanted to start pursuing film acting, I'd still be interested in things like speaking German and playing classical music. I still like art and crafts, too, and been meaning to do some. With the pug, I don't know if I should get it because I won't be able to keep it when I leave home and plus all the work to care for it, which could be rewarding. Sometimes, I just like staying in my room away from people, tho, so going in and out would not be convenient in that way. My mental diagnosis seems to get in my way, know the pills make me tired. I like the pug, but I guess I don't want my life to become pug world. It seems too cute, and I'm not sure if I'll be going anywhere. I know it's work. It's mainly because I'm adamant on being a professional violinist. It's so cute, tho, to have a pug. I particularly like that one, the one I posted the topic about. It seems like I particularly am lucky to find such a pug. I'm not ready to be an actor, I guess. I don't wanna blow it, like so many people who make it big. I do need more "me" time, tho, or something like that. I wanted to "make it" posting online rather than an expensive movie. Networking isn't working on Twitter and Facebook.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 02:17 AM
SquallX

Do what you feel is best for you, not what you presume to be good for you.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 02:37 AM
Christina B

Do what you feel is best for you, not what you presume to be good for you.
Pretty much it'd be hard to coordinate and afford. I'll put it off and see if anything possibly changes. It's a nice puppy, but I'm having a hard time affording to take care of myself. Sometimes, I want to eat out, etc. I guess for now I won't get it firstly because of money and maybe because it doesn't seem now I would keep it the rest of my life. I probably can't get everything I want, but oh well, in that way doesn't fit my immediate nor distant future. I'm even unsure if I'd be able tot do it. I mean, I gave up going to church taking the bus around there to rest and do violin. It seems sad and unnatural, but I guess I have a problem-filled life. I'm a little uncomfortable about the puppy were I to give it away.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 02:54 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Film
Actors
Guild

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote