KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are government employees really incompetent?

Are government employees really incompetent?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Are government employees really incompetent?

Discuss

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:08 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

About 9 out of 10 people are not very good at their job: just passable.

But being truly incompetent? Not too sure about that.

But government employees? I just so happen to have tens of thousands of people to choose from that I got to work with over about a decade.

From my experience, about 1/10 to 1/20 of government employees are truly incompetent.

Here's where it gets weird. If look at, say, Air Traffic Controllers, almost none of the are incompetent and for a good reason: they get the shit tested out of them and they have to continue to pass tests their entire career. And there are many checks and balances to ensure they continue to do their job and do it very well. Perhaps only 1 out of 10,000 ATCs are truly incompetent because the bad ones are weeded out in ATC school.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

IMO, the more security one has in not being fired, the more likely they are to be incompetent in said job/role.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Incompetence ≠ Laziness

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:41 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Fair enough, should have said "and/or lazy at their job".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean I'm not the type to generalize; not every government agency has the same hiring/firing standards after all, but I can see why the stereotype exists.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 10:59 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Yes,they are

One good example : Romania

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 06:18 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I used to have this book about government incompetence. But it was meant to be funny. I forget the specifics, but there was at least one occasion where the government purchased land it had forgotten it already owned lol.

I can't find it when I search for it though, all I get is a bunch of articles about the government stealing land.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't know what category these would fall under, but keep in mind the government okayed these studies lol:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2014/10...wastebook-2014/

1. The National Institute of Health’s Center for Alternative and Complimentary Medicine spent $387,000 to study the effects of Swedish massages on rabbits.

2. The Department of Interior spent $10,000 to monitor the growth rate of saltmarsh grass. In other words, the government is paying people to watch grass grow. On the bright side, they have not started paying people to watch paint dry.

3. The National Science Foundation has granted more than $200,000 to a research project that is trying to determine how and why Wikipedia is sexist. Wikipedia’s War on Woman?

4. The National Institute of Health funded a study to see if mothers love dogs as much as they love kids. Regardless of the results, this experiment cost taxpayers $371,026.

5. The federal government has granted $804,254 for the development of a smartphone game called “Kiddio: Food Fight.” The game is intended to teach parents how to convince their children to try and eat new healthier food choices.

6. The National Endowment for the Humanities has provided $47,000 for undergraduate classes that teach students about laughing and humor.

7. The National Science Foundation spent $856,000 to teach mountain lions how to walk on treadmills as part of a research project whose aim was to better understand mountain lions’ instincts.

It's less about the amount of money spent..more about that they thought it was a good idea to spend it on these things. Just imagine someone creepily massaging a rabbit while some scientist looks on and takes notes lol.

They will study lions on treadmills, but I don't see a damn thing about a bear cyborg program.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 25th, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote