KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can lift Supermans Key (Half A Million Tons) to the fortress of solitude

Who can lift Supermans Key (Half A Million Tons) to the fortress of solitude
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Who can lift Supermans Key (Half A Million Tons) to the fortress of solitude

And break in using the key.

Colossus
Namor
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Iron Man
Magneto
Grey Hulk

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:28 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

By breaking in, you mean using it like a baseball bat?

Because you're hardly breaking in when you have the key....

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:41 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Grey Hulk
Magneto
Wonder Woman
Namor

Can lift the key.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

to get in using the key i mean

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:05 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Carver's list is spot on then.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah thats about right.
I say about, cuz Iron Man could do it with prep, but thats just muddying the waters.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

laughing

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:52 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

First time I saw that normal sized key in All Star, I thought he meant "A key I can put in my pocket and take with me is much more secure then a super heavy key any of my villains can lift with brawn or science." Which would have been hillarious.

But nope, dwarf star normal sized key.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Wonder Woman can, and possibly Magneto (assuming the key is paramagnetic).

The others are thousands of times too weak and fragile to lift it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:15 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Magneto.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:49 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Magnon
Wonder Woman can, and possibly Magneto (assuming the key is paramagnetic).

The others are thousands of times too weak and fragile to lift it.

Grey Hulk threw a pyramid like it was a baseball. This is nothing to him.

Namor held up an entire island. He can lift the key.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Re: Who can lift Supermans Key (Half A Million Tons) to the fortress of solitude

Namor
Wonder Woman
Magneto
Grey Hulk

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:35 AM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

No one on the list

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:22 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So is the objective for them to pick up the key without damaging the underlying ground/foundation, like A/S Superman did here?:
https://i.imgur.com/QW6y7He.jpg
*IOW, they cannot just rip up the entire chunk of earth the key sits on..?

If so, this could be FAR more challenging than I first thought, as the key sits relatively flush with the ground... Anyone ever try to scrape a dime(or something really thin) off a perfectly flat surface, like concrete or tile? It can be a pain in the ass just to get your fingers under the damn thing...and a dime doesn't weigh 500,000 tons.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 29th, 2017 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:03 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by carver9
Grey Hulk
Magneto
Wonder Woman
Namor

Can lift the key.

This

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:04 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
So is the objective for them to pick up the key without damaging the underlying ground/foundation, like A/S Superman did here?:
https://i.imgur.com/QW6y7He.jpg
*IOW, they cannot just rip up the entire chunk of earth the key sits on..?

If so, this could be FAR more challenging than I first thought, as the key sits relatively flush with the ground... Anyone ever try to scrape a dime(or something really thin) off a perfectly flat surface, like concrete or tile? It can be a pain in the ass just to get your fingers under the damn thing...and a dime doesn't weigh 500,000 tons.

How did Superman do it?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:09 AM
LordofBrooklyn

How did Superman do it?

Tactile telekinesis.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:16 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

How did Superman do it?
By being strong enough to lift it like a regular ol' key. Not saying some of the characters here are incapable of doing the same -- just pointing out that lifting it 'cleanly' like that requires significantly more strength/finesse. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:24 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

Has Namor always been in this massive strength band? I mean I knew he was strong, but half a million tons? Really? (I'm not arguing with anyone who says otherwise, I'm just genuinely shocked. I had him down in the Ben Grimm range, or maybe a bit higher. Seems I was waaaaaay off!)

Genuine question - what's the heaviest metallic thing Magneto has ever picked up on-panel

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:13 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nope.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:15 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Originally posted by wuleecat
Genuine question - what's the heaviest metallic thing Magneto has ever picked up on-panel

He has lowered Avalon from the orbit into the Earth's atmosphere, and had it float some miles above ground. And that thing is MASSIVE. Not sure if that's the heaviest but it's up there.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:51 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote