KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » MultiVersus

MultiVersus
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

MultiVersus

MultiVersus is an upcoming free-to-play crossover fighting game developed by Player First Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game features various characters within the Warner Bros. catalog. The title is scheduled for release in 2022, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

MultiVersus is a platform fighter that uses similar gameplay to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. series. Players battle on different stages and attempt to knock their opponents outside the boundaries of the arena, with characters being knocked further the more damage they take. The game is primarily played in a 2-vs-2 format, though 1-vs-1 and free-for-all options are also available.

The game is being developed by Player First Games and is set to release in 2022. Dedicated servers, rollback netcode, and voice acting have been promoted as prominent features, and the team intends to release new content and characters via constant updates.

The game currently features 12 playable characters from 7 WarnerMedia-owned franchises (with many of them being voiced by actors reprising their roles from previous media), as well as 1 original character. New characters are expected to be announced before and after the game's release.

Finn the Human (Jeremy Shada)
Jake the Dog (John DiMaggio)
Batman (Kevin Conroy)
Superman (George Newbern)
Wonder Woman (Abby Trott)
Harley Quinn (Tara Strong)
Arya Stark (Maisie Williams)
Bugs Bunny (Eric Bauza)
Shaggy Rogers (Matthew Lillard)
Steven Universe (Daniel DiVenere)
Garnet (Estelle)
Tom & Jerry (Eric Bauza)
Reindog (Andrew Frankel)

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 28th, 2021 05:10 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I was wondering when someone would post this.

Honestly, this looks much better than Nickelodeon All Star Brawl.

Right off that bar, we actually have the voice cast for this. Even competitive games need some personality.

I also like that the gameplay seems a bit slower. Recent fighters, platform fighters in particular, all seemed to speeding up their gameplay for no discernible reason.

My one concern is the 2v2 aspect. Fighting gamers aren't used to being bound to other players like that, so I wonder how this will go over. Sometimes, innovation requires finding things the consumer didn't even know they wanted -- maybe 2v2 teams will actually be huge. I'm just worried a failure here would cause companies to never try again, and I want more Western fighters like this.

I know 1v1 is an option, but I hope it's not an afterthought.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 29th, 2021 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2021 01:47 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

This looks like WB's pointless rip-off cashgrab of Nintendo's Smash Bros.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2021 04:38 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I was wondering when someone would post this.

Honestly, this looks much better than Nickelodeon All Star Brawl.

Right off that bar, we actually have the voice cast for this. Even competitive games need some personality.

I also like that the gameplay seems a bit slower. Recent fighters, platform fighters in particular, all seemed to speeding up their gameplay for no discernible reason.

My one concern is the 2v2 aspect. Fighting gamers aren't used to being bound to other players like that, so I wonder how this will go over. Sometimes, innovation requires finding things the consumer didn't even know they wanted -- maybe 2v2 teams will actually be huge. I'm just worried a failure here would cause companies to never try again, and I want more Western fighters like this.

I know 1v1 is an option, but I hope it's not an afterthought.

This was awhile back, but I believe they keep speeding up their gameplay because of Smash Bros Melee, which is hailed for it's "high speed" and that "no game in the series is as fast and fluid as melee."

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 02:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Decided to give the game a go, I've only just started didn't like Wonder Woman alot for the starter.. but i'm glad i saved the coins up and unlocked Batman been liking Batman's movement

Rick and Morty, Black Adam & Stripe from Gremlins are coming to the game.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2022 06:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I liked that they have more polish in this compared to Nick All Stars, but imo the gameplay, just isn’t that good. I guess that’s what you get for free to play.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2022 03:18 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still playing this game i am, I seem to be somewhat decent with WW.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2022 04:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/aisulmv/status/...pWPjHYBK8eDJ01Q

No Godzilla, smh. The plan was dialed back after current events with WB made licensing deals difficult.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2022 12:32 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/aisulmv/status/...pWPjHYBK8eDJ01Q

No Godzilla, smh. The plan was dialed back after current events with WB made licensing deals difficult.

Even he was added, He would have the same problems as Iron Giant.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 01:00 AM