KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Red Sparrow (2018)

Red Sparrow (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Red Sparrow (2018)

quote: (post)
Plot Synopsis:
Ballerina Dominika Egorova is recruited to 'Sparrow School' a Russian intelligence service where she is forced to use her body as a weapon. But her first mission, targeting a CIA agent, threatens to unravel the security of both nations

(please log in to view the image)

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, Mary-Louise Parker, Jeremy Irons, Ciaran Hinds & Charlotte Rampling

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:03 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

looks like 'Naked Weapon'.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:04 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Pass.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

won't see it in theaters, but I'll watch just for JLaw. and i like assassin/hitman movies.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:59 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by marwash22
looks like 'Naked Weapon'.

If you had said "Naked Gun" ... I would have in all in...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen the trailer a few days ago

i'd imagine this is what a Black Widow could look like.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Now if only Jenny had as NICE a Bottom as Scarlet....

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

It's like JLaw's trying to shake off her clean cut image.

But she's still too prim & proper to go all the way.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:00 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nah. She is just rich enough now she can waste her time making these POS Arty Films. Because.. ACTING!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:02 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

can't wait to see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It's like JLaw's trying to shake off her clean cut image.

But she's still too prim & proper to go all the way.

I watched some of this last night (didn't finish it) and it is pretty hardcore at times.

This Russian espionage stuff isn't really my cup of tea, but the film is intriguing for sure.

It's distracting to me, though, that they are all supposed to be Russian and no one is speaking Russian. They only have a very slight Russian accent. To me the film would be stronger if it was Russian with subtitles.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I thought it was terrible. Very little action and a predictable storyline.

By Stoic

Old Post May 12th, 2018 06:17 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, I haven't finished it yet, but I saw a review and expected it to not have much action. It's not listed as an action film, more drama, mystery, thriller.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 06:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

And yet the commercials try to make it look like a cross between James Bond and Atomic Blonde.

Wonder Why?

Old Post May 12th, 2018 07:29 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
And yet the commercials try to make it look like a cross between James Bond and Atomic Blonde.

Wonder Why?

Yeah, I don't know why the people in control of marketing like to misrepresent and thus set up their film for failure. I don't get it.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 08:37 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Oh look another Jlaw movie. Not interested in the least after she bitched about Chris Pratt's salary on Passengers. He was THE star and had more screen time by quite a bit. Yet she screamed "sexism" and so despite being in the film less they payed her more than Pratt. **** her. Equal rights should mean equal not more.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 12th, 2018 08:40 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I don't know why the people in control of marketing like to misrepresent and thus set up their film for failure. I don't get it.

Its called being "DISHONEST!"

Old Post May 12th, 2018 10:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Oh look another Jlaw movie. Not interested in the least after she bitched about Chris Pratt's salary on Passengers. He was THE star and had more screen time by quite a bit. Yet she screamed "sexism" and so despite being in the film less they payed her more than Pratt. **** her. Equal rights should mean equal not more.

Lol, the fact that you're so violently opposed to her being paid the same as the other dual star of the film is odd. They were clearly dual stars of the film and deserved equal pay. Slight difference in screen time shouldn't have much to do with it.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:37 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Lol, the fact that you're so violently opposed to her being paid the same as the other dual star of the film is odd. They were clearly dual stars of the film and deserved equal pay. Slight difference in screen time shouldn't have much to do with it.
Did you even READ what I wrote? I have NO problem with her being paid the same amount. The fact she was in the movie LESS and DEMANDED MORE money is what I have a problem with. Please read and comprehend comments before replying.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:56 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

If she demanded MORE then yeah, that's egotistical or something. Maybe she thinks that highly of her movie star power or something. But honestly I didn't follow the situation.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 09:09 AM