KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Former Atheist Tried to kill his father; says Jesus saved him

Former Atheist Tried to kill his father; says Jesus saved him
Started by: MythLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

Former Atheist Tried to kill his father; says Jesus saved him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

An, albeit old, video from David Wood I came across. In this video, Wood shows his psychopath self as he talks about how he felt nothing when people died, learned how to make bombs, and then tried to kill his father just to see what it felt like.

He then proceeds to explain how Christianity saved him...

I don't know about you lot, but I'm agnostic and I don't feel the need to bash anyone's head in with a sledge hammer. The scariest part is how the comment section encourages him...

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 12:47 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People who don't commit crimes merely because a sky god tells them not to are unhinged psychopaths.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 01:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:39 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Yeah, I've been an Atheist for as long as I can remember and I have never wanted to kill people for no reason.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 09:18 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Just wait till Jesus starts telling him to kill the whores.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 08:16 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Not gonna comment on this weird shit specifically.

But for most Christians I know, their drive from their faith to be good isn't due to a fear of Hell. It's due to their belief that embodying and acting out love is a redeeming process. In my own experience I can say that the closer I am at any given point to that, the more I feel free from the torture of my own shame and self-deception of my own arrogance, the more each moment in the world lights up around me for my appreciation, the more I feel pulled to act in service to the people around me, and the more I hope I can actually open something up in other people, and the more I seek for other people to open up something good in me.

I certainly can't speak for all Christians, but I can speak for myself in saying I am not primarily driven by a fear of punishment (I'm a universal reconciliationist after all), and I can't speak for but I can speak about most of the Christians I personally know and say I trust from all I've seen of them and all the time I've spent with them that they aren't that way either.

This shouldn't be taken as me arguing for God's existence in this thread, or arguing atheists can't be good and moral people, after all my best friend, the person who was with me in the most defining night of my life for me who comforted me and spoke with me and helped me understand myself and the importance of love was an atheist.

This isn't me trying to incite some pissing contest about religion vs atheism, this is simply me stating that for a decent number of people who have become better people because of their faith, it's an unfair characterization of them to say that everything about that comes from a fear of punishment and that they would be some of the worst people imaginable if they did not believe in that punishment.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 08:36 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

DMB would be a child molester if he wasn't afraid of the demon rape after he died.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 09:02 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 09:03 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. There is not Demon Rape DD. Go ahead and Rape Those Kids! You Literally have NOTHING to Fear!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2018 05:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Former Atheist Tried to kill his father; says Jesus saved him

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

An, albeit old, video from David Wood I came across. In this video, Wood shows his psychopath self as he talks about how he felt nothing when people died, learned how to make bombs, and then tried to kill his father just to see what it felt like.

He then proceeds to explain how Christianity saved him...

I don't know about you lot, but I'm agnostic and I don't feel the need to bash anyone's head in with a sledge hammer. The scariest part is how the comment section encourages him...

I'll have to check out the video when I get a chance (just out of morbid curiosity and I'm a glutton for torture sometimes), but...

...it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with whether or not Christianity is true. It could seem like a convincing story, and I'm glad it seems to have worked out for him, but it says nothing at all about whether or not Christianity is true. And it's entirely possible that belief in unsubstantiated religion could help some otherwise psychopath be more moral, but the truth is that people generally do not need such unsubstantiated beliefs to be moral. And to imply otherwise is quite frankly rude and intellectually dishonest.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

soo, what exactly happens if god tells you to kill someone?

Like, assuming they're believing he's a thing... is there something that stops him from doing that?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:44 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Religion is about social control and moral codes. Simple as, there is no god but don't tell my servant as he will slit my throat in the night and rob me etc.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 01:01 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
soo, what exactly happens if god tells you to kill someone?

Like, assuming they're believing he's a thing... is there something that stops him from doing that?

If someone believes in religion, how would they even be able to be sure that it was God doing the talking and not Satan?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Kinda weird how the guy who tried to kill his father stopped because he turned to the guy who was killed by his father.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:35 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

And whose father has ordered a father to kill his son.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 05:32 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Kinda weird how the guy who tried to kill his father stopped because he turned to the guy who was killed by his father.

Irony. It's lost on delusional religious folks. thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 03:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Irony. It's lost on delusional religious folks. thumb up

More big claims from the guy sporting horns.

Your claims are baseless.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 05:46 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike brown

I mean I just don't believe but it does work for a lot of people. Dunno why some atheists wanna spin that as a bad thing. If religion gives order to an otherwise unstable person that seems like a good thing to me.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 12:14 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by mike brown
I mean I just don't believe but it does work for a lot of people. Dunno why some atheists wanna spin that as a bad thing. If religion gives order to an otherwise unstable person that seems like a good thing to me.

Because that is exactly what an unstable person needs, a set of delusional beliefs to act on.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 05:08 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Every prophet wrestled with god.

Just read any one of the scriptures.

Read about Solomon and why he told the two women to butcher the child.

The good mother applied critical thinking to the kings command. She wrestled with his decision. She generated a positive solution.

Jesus wrestled with his father, his mother, his peers... with a corrupt state.

With his own fears but by every account we have of him he reacted with positive solution after positive solution.

Even when he was technically at fault (like the women before him who technically 'defied' the king) it was always to help people.

People who talk about religion.. you know... religion isn't mentioned at all in the scriptures.

What you will find is multiple references to paths [plural] The teachings of: John The Baptist for example who taught people to live well and was killed for it.

Jesus was asked what do you say of John's teachings. If you've read the bible you know the gist of what he said.

Jesus was a great teacher because more than anyone he spoke in such a way that you actually have to (there is no get out option) you have to use your critical thinking skills to work things out for yourself.

Just like old King Sol.

This guy he found something which worked for him and he is trying to be a better person. He believes he spoke to Jesus.

You know...

You will never find any thing in the scriptures... Muslim or Christian about Jesus advising any one to be any thing other than forgiving, patient, kind and generous to other people.

This guy has specifically identified Jesus as a good influence.

What did Jesus teach so often?

Last edited by shiv on Mar 12th, 2019 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 06:02 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote