KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

They've announced the next Uncharted!

Kidding.

Fking love these games. I'll be over this one.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10...the-tomb-raider

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Nov 1st, 2016 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 06:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Cool

just got the second one recently for the PS4.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 07:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12...de6db4a0a00002c

It's confirmed. We wont get info until March 18 though so we've got a wait ahead of us

PWNT

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

https://www.tombraider.com/en-us

The reveal is in two days!

PWNT

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:45 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 11:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah...I'm looking forward to this.

The last two Tomb Raiders were a perfect blend of puzzles/gameplay and story. I loved how they filled the game with unique scripted events but still kept the "open world" gameplay aspect of it. I hope this game continues that.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 03:48 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This looks phenomenal. Lara looks different though. She's gained weight (in a good way). Looks like she put on muscle.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:37 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I read that Crystal Dynamics isn't making this one, and that Eidos Mtl is. I've liked the new Deus Ex games so I'm kind of excited about that.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 12:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They are owned by the same company so there is probably a ton of corporate knowledge that goes between both dev firms in regards to Tomb Raider.

Hell, I wouldn't bet against most of the key people from Crystal Dynamics helping the team in Montreal.

The strange thing is what is Crystal Dynamics doing now? Square Enix hasn't closed the studio down so I would suspect they are doing something different. It's probably the reason why a different studio is taking the helm. The last two Tomb Raiders were critically praised so I don't think Square would take them off Tomb Raider unless it's for a good reason.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 02:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks dope! Can't wait!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 03:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
They are owned by the same company so there is probably a ton of corporate knowledge that goes between both dev firms in regards to Tomb Raider.

Hell, I wouldn't bet against most of the key people from Crystal Dynamics helping the team in Montreal.

The strange thing is what is Crystal Dynamics doing now? Square Enix hasn't closed the studio down so I would suspect they are doing something different. It's probably the reason why a different studio is taking the helm. The last two Tomb Raiders were critically praised so I don't think Square would take them off Tomb Raider unless it's for a good reason.
Yeah both devs have been working on both of the past two Tomb Raiders together for some time. Eidos just took over as the lead developer, which is good IMO (Human Revolution is one of my top 5 games of all time). They do a better job when it comes to characterization and story, so I'm hoping that shines through. I've loved the past two TRs, but they did tend to be a bit weak in those departments. I'm also hoping the stealth is more refined/focused on.

In reality though, there likely wont be too much difference. Just a bigger better version of the last installment like it was over the first, which is great with me.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 02:40 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Good to see Lara's descent into psychopathy is nearing completion. I hope she can just rip the final bosses heart out, temple of doom style.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 05:36 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I shouldn't be in to Lara as Rambo, but **** it, why not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 05:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have Rise but I've never gotten more then a couple hours in. Is it a good game? Should I Keep trying?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 06:46 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

My buddy Max tells me it blows cock.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 07:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That Fuccboi Supreme likes blowing cock so I don't know if that's a compliment or a criticism.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 07:27 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's pretty good. The gameplay and general stuff in the game is still really good and better than the previous game. But the story isn't really anything special. Lara's development isn't nearly as good either.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:07 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by NemeBro
My buddy Max tells me it blows cock.

Your buddy, Max, blows cock.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:36 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Impediment
Your buddy, Max, blows cock.
My buddy Max says he has eight inches of Canadian log primed for delivery to your ass hole.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:44 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by NemeBro
My buddy Max says he has eight inches of Canadian log primed for delivery to your ass hole.

Tell your buddy, Max, to put some pineapple on that Canadian meat and we might have a deal.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 02:05 PM