KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Will a "Harleen Quinzel" thriller movie work?

Will a "Harleen Quinzel" thriller movie work?
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

Will a "Harleen Quinzel" thriller movie work?

I mean, Harley Quinn's origin story was quite similar in all the media, and it always amazes me because it has so much potential.

But most of the time it wasn't expanded. I wonder it could be used as the source material to make a drama thriller movie just like the 2019 Joker, whether it could be standalone or a spinoff of the Joker movie. Show the character's life and the whole process of her transformation, it would be quite amazing to observe.

The 2019 Joker movie featured Arthur as a sympathetic character in some degrees and used him to reflect Gotham's problem. I think it could work if Harleen fall in love with such a figure.

And Margot Robbie as a very good actress, certainly has the ability to deliver a great performance.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 04:58 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

If the JOKER movie has taught us anything is, you slap a comic character’s name onto a movie that has jack all to do w. the actual character, and ppl will eat it up, so, sure, a “Harleen Quinzel” movie would work.

Or at least do better than BIRDS OF PREY.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slowpoke
I mean, Harley Quinn's origin story was quite similar in all the media, and it always amazes me because it has so much potential.

But most of the time it wasn't expanded. I wonder it could be used as the source material to make a drama thriller movie just like the 2019 Joker, whether it could be standalone or a spinoff of the Joker movie. Show the character's life and the whole process of her transformation, it would be quite amazing to observe.

The 2019 Joker movie featured Arthur as a sympathetic character in some degrees and used him to reflect Gotham's problem. I think it could work if Harleen fall in love with such a figure.

And Margot Robbie as a very good actress, certainly has the ability to deliver a great performance.

Does she show her t*ts in this thriller? If so yeah it could work.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 11:42 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Read "Harleen" from DC Black Label, a three issue story arc.

I ate my f*cking words HARD because I thought it would suck but it was absolutely AWESOME.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 01:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Impediment
Read "Harleen" from DC Black Label, a three issue story arc.

I ate my f*cking words HARD because I thought it would suck but it was absolutely AWESOME.

Bit different not having to hear an extremely annoying voice/accent though. Not sure it lends itself to a serious tone like Joker.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 07:10 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Harleen is an intensely serious comic.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 07:17 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Yeah interesting reading, but I still think there is more to explore and it was too short. I don't like the take on the Joker, they made him a bit too attractive.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 07:34 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yeah. That's my point. It works on the page because you don't have to hear the stupid nasally whining New York accent of the movies/games/animated shows etc.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 08:33 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That voice has been great ever since the Bruce Timm days! eek!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 08:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mistah Jay!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Yeah. That's my point. It works on the page because you don't have to hear the stupid nasally whining New York accent of the movies/games/animated shows etc.

Arleen Sorkin's animated voice is shrill and annoying at times, but Harleen is just a doctor for the entire comic, save for a few panels.

I get your point, though.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:23 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

have her nude throughout the film and it'll make money

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Arleen Sorkin's animated voice is shrill and annoying at times, but Harleen is just a doctor for the entire comic, save for a few panels.

I get your point, though.

Finished it.

I think it did touch Gotham well, but Harleen's own personality was not fully expanded, she was more like an "ordinary person with some flaws" who got twisted by the entire city. But her own demon wasn't shown well enough. Same for the Joker, it's a bit whitewashing.

Also Batman's no kill code was always garbage. It somehow hurts the plot a bit. I actually agree with Two-Face and those ppl's idea. You shouldn't be merciful to those villains.

Last edited by Slowpoke on Feb 20th, 2020 at 09:45 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:42 PM
Slowpoke

I never understand why did these writers try so hard to justify the no kill code and keep sending villains to a place where they could keep getting out. Even demonize those who disagree with it.

It was well written but the theme, I could not agree with.

Last edited by Slowpoke on Feb 20th, 2020 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:50 PM
Impediment
Endless

The "No Kill" code is CIS and PIS.

If Batman kills all of his enemies, there won;t be a story.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 10:04 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Mistah Jay!

You can be my Mistah Jay.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 11:00 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

The "No Kill" code is CIS and PIS.

If Batman kills all of his enemies, there won;t be a story.

It was good read but I don't think would fit well as a live action movie's plot.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 11:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Early on Batman did kill. Legit hung a dude from a helicopter once.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 11:18 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Surtur
Early on Batman did kill. Legit hung a dude from a helicopter once.

Didn’t he have a gun?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 11:42 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah he's against guns.

(please log in to view the image)

Oh

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 11:46 PM