KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Top 25 goat rappers.

Top 25 goat rappers.
Started by: LeonBuco666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Top 25 goat rappers.

So first things first just to make this thread a tad more interesting.
Im going to pick the 10 best rappers from the west coast, then 10 from the east coast. And anything inbetween.

East Coast ---
1.Nas
2.Gza
3.Krs-one
4.Mos Def
5.Big L
6.Raekwon
7.Ghostface Killah
8.Big Daddy Kane
9.Biggie
10.Mobb Deep(Prodigy, Havoc & Noyd are equal IMO)

West Coast ---
1.Ice Cube
2.Warren G
3.Snoop Dogg
4.Ice-T
5.Tupac
6.E-40
7.Dj Quik
8. Pharcyde
9.Mc Eiht
10.Kurupt

Anywhere else.
1.Eminem
2.Common
3.Tech N9ne
4.Bone Thugs-n-harmony
5.Royce da 5"9

So now thats done the final list might not make sense but...it does.

Everywhere, Anytime.

1.Nas
2.Em
3.Gza
4.Ice Cube
5.Krs One
6.Common
7.Warren G
8.Mos Def
9.Big L
10.Raekwon
11. GFK
12.Big Daddy Kane
13.Snoop Dogg
14. Ice T
15. Tech N9ne
16.Biggie
17.Tupac
18.Bone Thugs-N-harmony
19.Dj Quik
20.E-40
21.Mobb Deep
22.Pharcyde
23 Mc Eiht
24.Kurupt
25.royce da 5"9

Honorable Mention(your favourite rappers favourite rapper)
Rakim(a true legend)
I'd have put him at number one but thats cliché

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 01:51 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thanos-prime

I must say i like how original your lists are, tupac and biggie not beingnumber one for instance. Im gonna do 5 in the west/east/other lists and 15 in everywhere, anytime list.

East -
1.Nas
2.Big Pun
3.Biggie
4.Mobb Deep
5.Wu tang

West-
1. Ice Cube
2.Tupac
3.Ice T
4.Snoop Dogg
5.Too Short

Other -
1. eminem
2. Scarface
3. Nelly
4.Outkast
5.Ludacris

Everywhere, Anytime -
1. Eminem
2.Ice Cube
3. The Wu
4.Scarface
5.Tupac
6.Nelly
7.Mobb Deep
8.Biggie
9.Big Pun
10.Nas
11.Luda
12.Ice T
13.Outkast
14.Snoop Dogg
15. Ice t

Signature by Willrules

Old Post Feb 1st, 2014 02:33 AM
thanos-prime is currently offline Click here to Send thanos-prime a Private Message Find more posts by thanos-prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

Idk if I can make a top 25 list at the moment.

1. Eminem
2. Nas
3. Jay-Z
4. Big L
5. Andre 3000

That is my top 5, in order of greatness (imo).

The rest are in no particular order:

1. Elzhi
2. Diabolic
3. Treach
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Mos Def
6. Royce da 5'9"
7. Immortal Technique
8. KRS-One
9. Big Daddy Kane
10. Big Pun

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2014 06:22 PM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thanos-prime
I must say i like how original your lists are, tupac and biggie not beingnumber one for instance.

Tupac and Biggie are so overrated that it's not even funny, really. Infinite, Reasonable Doubt, and Illmatic are much better than anything they ever made.

Last edited by Insomniatric on Feb 1st, 2014 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2014 06:24 PM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Yeah, but, Big & Tupac made a big impact on the rap game in the 90's and left a huge mark so much respect to them an may god bless their souls.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2014 08:42 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

I'm a fan of both, and I know they are both very important to the genre, but there are many rappers far more skilled than them.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 01:45 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Big was more skilled than pac IMO. True Pac had immense charisma and was throwing out qaulity albums all of the time.

But they were still superb artists considering how important they were and have been. Theres no doubt there are a lot of rappers more skilled.
Take Mos Def or Big L for example both are leagues ahead of both Pac & Big ( IMO ) but they havent even came close to leaving the sort of impact Pac & Big made n left behind. And to be fairly honest, no one ever has.
Thats why they do deserve to be one of the greats for the sheer impact they made, also they both excelled at their own skills, Pac had untouchable charisma and put albums out that were good and consistent almost every day(Exaggeration of course) and Big was overall a half decent rapper but had an amazing flow.

I mean, I can sit and listen to their albums...I still appreciate their passion for music even today. I'd love the "hip-hop/rap" game to get back on its feet, I dont personally listen to the underground stuff, but the underground is thriving with raw talent that are all unsigned...maybe its not what this generation are looking for anymore its all about the materialistic things and party tunes(which I dont mind when Im at a party or some shit, but I get super annoyed when nicki minaj and lil wayne are putting out pop party tunes, trying to rap and sing and every mother ****er calls them the greatest ever)

I just wish I could have experienced the 90's first hand...too bad im stuck with people growing up who have absolute shit taste in music and artists, but then again...according to them...i listen to "a bunch of noise" or my personal favourite "you should listen to lil wayne or wiz khalifa, thats good music"

Damn.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 09:48 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

I missed out a couple dudes who deserve to be in those lists that i forgotten about, Black Thought, Big Pun, and Mc Ren. There are plenty others too, but then I'd have to make a top 50, which I do not have the time for.(even if i did i woulf refuse to do it...to many variables to consider)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 10:25 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Oh and AZ is up there in the top 20, just dont know where now.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 10:27 PM
Insomniatric
The Spider

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Big was more skilled than pac IMO. True Pac had immense charisma and was throwing out qaulity albums all of the time.

But they were still superb artists considering how important they were and have been. Theres no doubt there are a lot of rappers more skilled.
Take Mos Def or Big L for example both are leagues ahead of both Pac & Big ( IMO ) but they havent even came close to leaving the sort of impact Pac & Big made n left behind. And to be fairly honest, no one ever has.
Thats why they do deserve to be one of the greats for the sheer impact they made, also they both excelled at their own skills, Pac had untouchable charisma and put albums out that were good and consistent almost every day(Exaggeration of course) and Big was overall a half decent rapper but had an amazing flow.

I mean, I can sit and listen to their albums...I still appreciate their passion for music even today. I'd love the "hip-hop/rap" game to get back on its feet, I dont personally listen to the underground stuff, but the underground is thriving with raw talent that are all unsigned...maybe its not what this generation are looking for anymore its all about the materialistic things and party tunes(which I dont mind when Im at a party or some shit, but I get super annoyed when nicki minaj and lil wayne are putting out pop party tunes, trying to rap and sing and every mother ****er calls them the greatest ever)

I just wish I could have experienced the 90's first hand...too bad im stuck with people growing up who have absolute shit taste in music and artists, but then again...according to them...i listen to "a bunch of noise" or my personal favourite "you should listen to lil wayne or wiz khalifa, thats good music"

Damn.

Everyone has their own idea of what makes a rapper great. Some base it on the impact they had on the world, but for me, I just look at pure skill, and subject matter to a much lesser extent. Either way is fine, just saying.

In my opinion, no rapper exceeds Eminem when it comes to technical skill. His flow, creativity, use of multi-syllabic rhymes, internal rhyming, and ability to make just about any thing rhyme is second to none.

"I'm going for broke, gambling and playing for keeps
Everyday in the streets, scrambling and paying for cheap
Praying for sleep, dreaming with a watering mouth
Wishing for a better life for my daughter and spouse
In this slaughtering house, caught up in bouts with the root of all evil
I've seen it turn beautiful people crude and deceitful"

I could listen to his Infinite album all day.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 11:33 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

I look at skill too, no doubt Pac and Biggie had the skill to be where they are on that list...they also made a bigger impact on the world than any other rapper to date. Even after 16-17 years...there still both relevant? I got All Eyez On Me, Mr Against The World, Ready To Die & Born Again on my phone an computer, there long gone and people still talk about them everyday. Even though they dont make top 10, lotta respect for them.

And yeah, Infinite is a masterpiece...it baffles me how it is still relatively unknown to the mainstream public.
Its without a doubt a top 5 album for me. Em is my favourite rapper, but...he comes second to only Nas, when I say second...of it were a race...it'd be a photo finish & Em would be Inches behind Nas.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2014 12:05 PM
dynamix

in no particular order my list would be as followed

nas
eminem
jay-z
lauryn hill
tupac
big pun
rakim
gza
pharoah monch
rass kass
common
sticky fingaz
phonte
blu
big l
redman
beanie siegel
scarface
chino xl
black thought
mos def
jadakiss
royce da 5'9
kane
mobb deep

Old Post Feb 16th, 2014 02:53 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Where the Frack is Deltron? i guess you bizznitches don't know nuthin bout him huh? lmao

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 04:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

M&M's
Deltron
Gza
two packs
Nas

Is there anyone else?

I mean outkast was cool until they did their third album, then it all went to hell

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 05:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeisterII

LOL at someone saying Biggie's overrated. Bollocks is he overrated.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2014 10:09 PM
chillmeisterII is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeisterII a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeisterII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Insomniatric
Idk if I can make a top 25 list at the moment.

1. Eminem
2. Nas
3. Jay-Z
4. Big L
5. Andre 3000

That is my top 5, in order of greatness (imo).

The rest are in no particular order:

1. Elzhi
2. Diabolic
3. Treach
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Mos Def
6. Royce da 5'9"
7. Immortal Technique
8. KRS-One
9. Big Daddy Kane
10. Big Pun

Overall I like your list, but I gotta put Pac in the top 5. I'd probably place Pac where you had Jay-Z.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 01:41 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Why separate via region? The best MCs are the best MCs, regardless of where they're from, the coast they call home shouldn't count for shit.

My all time 10:

1. MF Doom
2. GZA
3. Pharoahe Monch
4. Jeru The Damaja
5. Tragedy Khadafi
6. Posdnous
7. Sadistik
8. Ice Cube
9. Tame One
10. Breeze Brewin'

Lol, just clocked how east coast-centric my list is...oh well.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:54 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Honorable mentions to Meth, El-P, Kool Keith, Roc Marciano, Masta Ace, Biggie, Ras Kass, Tonedeff, and Action Bronson.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:58 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I'm not much into rap music, so my list is gonna be pretty much limited to the ones I've listened to.

My personal top 10:

1. Eminem
2. Ice Cube
3. Big L
4. Nas
5. Snoop Dogg
6. MF Doom
7. Outkast
8. Common
9. Immortal Technique
10. Aesop Rock

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 01:35 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

No love for Aesop Rock ITT?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 08:18 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote