KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 HD

Resident Evil 4 HD
Started by: Bluesteel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Resident Evil 4 HD

Hey guys, so Resident Evil 4 HD is available here on PSN store EU, and I am really inclined to buy considering all the good reviews it has gotten over time. Too bad I never got around to play it, but now is my chance.

What I wanted to ask you guys, who have played the original RE4 is, is it nessecery for me to have played the previous RE games (1,2 & 3) before I start RE4? Or is the story stand alone so to speak?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 01:22 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

No, it is not. While playing the earlier games will have you more familiar with the universe, there are generally only a few references to the earlier games, mostly RE2, since you play as Leon.

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 01:27 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

RE4 is the crown jewel of the Resident Evil series, and it's very confined. By confined, I mean it's a game that is very self contained that doesn't require the player to know the entire RE history.

I much prefer the Gamecube version since the graphics are at their pinnacle as opposed to the PS2 and Wii versions.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 06:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's tempting but I think I'll pass on this. I'm not sure I wanna waste my 1600 MS points on it and besides, I already have the game on my Wii. Think I'll wait for Code Veronica next week instead.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 07:40 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
RE4 is the crown jewel of the Resident Evil series, and it's very confined. By confined, I mean it's a game that is very self contained that doesn't require the player to know the entire RE history.

I much prefer the Gamecube version since the graphics are at their pinnacle as opposed to the PS2 and Wii versions.

this "HD" it's just upscaled GC graphics, not truly HD, but it is the GC version plus the PS2 extras

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 02:03 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

After years of waiting, the true RE4 HD remake is going to release in two weeks. This team has been working on it since 2014 and I've been following this almost since the beginning. I was going to start my newest playthrough of this game today but I'll wait the two weeks before I start it over. I've 100%ed it on every system it's ever been released on but got burned out when current gen came out. I only have Xbox One (PS3/4 too though I don't think I'll do it on those since it's no different than on the 1) and PC left. Man, I'm stoked. The "HD" remake on current consoles was downright pathetic.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 01:37 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

I have the game on my xbox one,playing it a while,but I deleted after a few hours

The controls are a mess

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 06:43 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Or you simply suck at playing the game?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 07:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

No,i'm not

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 11:05 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Or you simply suck at playing the game?
thumb up

PWNT

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 01:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The controls are fluid.

Practice makes perfect.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by CroftAlice
No,i'm not
Yes, you do

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:53 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Game controls are fine.

Worth playing through for Mercenaries alone.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 04:24 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kids these days, They give up on games too quickly if they find it "Hard".

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 04:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Finish Bloodborne on NG+ then we’ll discuss hard.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 11:33 AM
cdtm

Bionic Commando Rearmed is pretty damned hard, on hard.

Five shots to kill ONE mook, as streams of bullets come at you and enemies spawn infinitely. Original game was a cakewalk by comparison.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 11:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Impediment
Finish Bloodborne on NG+ then we’ll discuss hard.

Done that twice in a day to get the platinum. Lol

NG+ and ++ to be specific but it doesn't get *that* hard until ng3 I guess.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jul 4th, 2018 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 11:19 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't like the RE4 controls, personally. I don't think they're hard, mind you, just clunky.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 11:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I still believe the Wii to be my most preferred platform to play RE4 on. The motion controls with this game are a match made in Bio-Heaven.

Also, Ashley is still the best partner in a RE game to this very day. Why Capcom couldn't duplicate her AI and her actions for other companion characters that came after, I'll never know but it gives her that form of uniqueness.

Posted it 'cause why not.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 12:07 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't like the RE4 controls, personally. I don't think they're hard, mind you, just clunky.

Very. Every time I pick it back up for a few rounds of Mercenaries after a long break, there's a learning curve where the hoards massacre me at first.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 06:56 PM